Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

[S] Cogenitor 30.04

Unicorn Hunter wrote:  Emotional instability was one of the arguments for keeping women out of responsible positions in employment and government. I think the neurological scans showed their brain functions were identical to the other genders.

Then why did it kill itself so quickly? That doesn't sound very stable to me.

I'm not saying that the Vissians are, or are not, treating the Cogenitors unfairly. I'm just saying that we don't have enough information to make that judgement. When enough information is gained, and if Humanity still believes that they are being treated unfairly, then I'm all for doing what we can to improve their lot in life. If they can't follow the rules of the Federation in how they treat their people, then they shouldn't be admitted.

Unicorn Hunter wrote:  Emotional instability was one of the arguments for keeping women out of responsible positions in employment and government. I think the neurological scans showed their brain functions were identical to the other genders.

Then why did it kill itself so quickly? That doesn't sound very stable to me.

I'm not saying that the Vissians are, or are not, treating the Cogenitors unfairly. I'm just saying that we don't have enough information to make that judgement. When enough information is gained, and if Humanity still believes that they are being treated unfairly, then I'm all for doing what we can to improve their lot in life. If they can't follow the rules of the Federation in how they treat their people, then they shouldn't be admitted.

suicide isn't always considered unstable - some Earth cultures have considered it a point of honor. But I agree that Trip shouldn't have gotten involved without understanding the culture better. However, once the cogenitor asked Archer for help it was a different situation.

Yeah well, I wouldn't have wanted to make that decision, either. Trip really put Archer into a no-win situation.

thats one decision i wouldnt want to make for sure. i know that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, is from the U.S. constitution, i was just saying that as a point. as far as those who arent freedom loving people, those people are usually oppressors of somekind, and the oppressed would most assuredly want what we all think of as equal human rights, those who dont think that we all are due the same respect and treatment as such, are usually pretty bad people in one way or another. yes i think they could've made the cogenitors life a little more lively, but till we got to know eachother as a race better, its not our place to tell them what to do. now as relations move on, and the federation forms, and they want in on it, then thats where the regulations of the federation come into play. but there are much more tactful, correct ways to go about it, than to just say your wrong im right, and sneak around while you are lying to the people. as far as archer what he's done in the past aside, he as captain can make those decisions, he was just thrown into a swarm of bees with this one, to get back after a couple of days to find one of your officers has jeopardised a first contact situation by flying of the handle, is, well wrong. he had every right to be mad, on top of that someone died due to his lack of self control. as an officer self control, and the ability to think rationally is key.so thats my opinion on the subject. right or wrong, we all have the right to our own. im glad we can discuss this ,as we are, in a friendly manor, this place is great. :D