Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heron

Hi from Heron

Hello :(

I am Heron.

I would just like to give congratulations to all who are responsible for this site! It's so well done and is a fantastic blend of the original and current Trek!

A truly fantastic job! :(

One thing that I am wondering about is how to catch the Trivia competitions. I keep reading that they've taken place but when I check the calendar , I don't see any scheduled. Are they *surprise competitions* ? :laugh:

Anyway, I'd like to join in , so if you can give me a *heads up* on how to be prepared for the next game time, I'd appreciate it.

Again, congratulations on a great site :blink:

Heron

WELCOME TO STARTREKFANS!!! :(

Hope you enjoy it here.......see you out there :(

Well the thing with the trivia. Theres a Chat room Trivia in http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?=&act=chat in the Trivia Sub-room and theres also the message board trivia on http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showforum=19.

The Chat Room Trivia is once every 2 weeks. You'll have a game then miss a week and wait until the next. If thats ounded confusing you can ask any of the Mods, especially Master_Q, Alterego or Spacetigger. T hey'll give you a better insight (or any other Mod.)

We last had a Trivia yesterday (Sept. 25th) so the next is on Oct. 2nd and the special Halloween one is on the 23rd October. Again - welcome :(

Welcome aboard, Heron; it's good to have you here. :laugh:

If you go into the Trivia forum, you should see a bunch of numbred topics/questions, 10 or so of which are open at a time. What you do is answer the open ones (with question number included) in a Private Message to Spacetigger. On Fridays or Saturdays he closes those questions, announces the scores, and posts the next week's questions.

If you're referring to the Trivia chat sessions, those are only every few weeks and are normally hosted by Master Q. There was even one today with a Jeopardy theme. Master Q usually posts the dates for the Trivia chats at least a week or two in advance.

I hope this helps, but if not, or if you have any other questions about trivia, I know Spacetigger or MQ would be happy to explain things to you. :(

Edit: Posted right after Neroli, so my apologies if this is redundant. :(

Welcome aboard, Heron; it's good to have you here. :eek:

If you go into the Trivia forum, you should see a bunch of numbred topics/questions, 10 or so of which are open at a time. What you do is answer the open ones (with question number included) in a Private Message to Spacetigger. On Fridays or Saturdays he closes those questions, announces the scores, and posts the next week's questions.

If you're referring to the Trivia chat sessions, those are only every few weeks and are normally hosted by Master Q. There was even one today with a Jeopardy theme. Master Q usually posts the dates for the Trivia chats at least a week or two in advance.

I hope this helps, but if not, or if you have any other questions about trivia, I know Spacetigger or MQ would be happy to explain things to you. :lol:

Edit: Posted right after Neroli, so my apologies if this is redundant. :(

266705[/snapback]

Hehe Ace :blink:

Heron - That can happen quite a bit on the Boards. If you want to get to knw people you can go on the Games board. I doubt it gives you any posts but it's a great way to make friends :wow: You can also get a house on Roddenberry Road. Mines the spiining black cirlce which goes up on a pole. I'm your local periscope :nono: :P :laugh: :(

Welcome to the Great Starship TrekFans.net, Heron! :nono: :cool1:

I also look forward to seeing you on the boards! :( :(

Hope to see you at the Trivia sessions. :cool1:

I'm the fourth highest at the moment... :laugh: Rick has other plans probably though. :blink:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Click For Spoiler

wavey.gifWelcome to STARTREKFANS!

Thank you Heron.

What a nice group you are! I am truly impressed with the people that I have met here!

Dr. Who, your knowledge of *old SCIFI* history is remarkable!SpaceTigger, thanks for allowing partial answers on your questions. I might not always know A<B<andC but I often can come up with one of them..lol :P I haven't really gotten into posting, as yet. and have really focused on getting familiar with members and getting a feel for the site. When one jumps into a moving jumprope, it's important to get the rhythm down prior :)

Thanks for the tips that were given, above and I think that I understand the trivia schedule now :( Unfortunately, though, I work during the times of competition; .On occasion, it might work out due to some variance. I will participate as I can on the trivia board though.

Please introduce yourselves in the chatroom if you see me. Samantha had a birthday,Happy Birthday! I encountered someone who speaks only in battle terms and I responded somewhat in the vein of a cross between Mork and Snoopy ( I was much less equipped...) so you can imagine who won .. I was *destroyed* but ended up being able to call them *friend* in the end (Sarek would be proud) :(

Again, many thanks for all the welcomes and I look forward to meeting you all , whether in the chat or on the boards ( when I get my boardlegs). You're a great group! :)

:)

Heron

What a nice group you are!  I am truly impressed with the people that I have met here!

Dr. Who, your knowledge of *old SCIFI* history is remarkable!

Again, many thanks for all the welcomes and I look forward to meeting you all , whether in the chat or on the boards ( when I get my boardlegs). You're a great group! :clap: :clap:

Heron

268054[/snapback]

Hehe, thanx Heron. :lol:

Your very welcome. :laugh:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif