Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ I Saw the President Today ~

Unexpectedly the route to his speech went right by my house. The air was shaking with red Coast Guard helicopters flying up and down my street. The procession approached at a furious rate and blasted by us all standing around waiting. 16 State Police motorcycles before him. A Series of buses then followed by emergency vehicles, fire trucks and more motorcycles. Then it was over. WHEW!!! :lol: It was exciting there for about 30 seconds. Then we all went back to what we were doing. :hug: I think I caught a glimpse of him in one of the buses. :hug:

Thanks WAB :hug: My Siggy??? :hug: OH, OK, I see, YOUR siggy :clap: :lol: Cool :nono: :lol:

Edited by Jeanway

Awesome... we are chasing each other around the threads some tonight, no, Jeanway? I can see how it would be cool, but also rather annoying. Disruption to the peace and quiet because of one human... albeit a very important (for now) human. My parents are also Bush supporters in this upcoming election. I am glad I am too young to vote... politics are way scary...

Think of it this way, Valeris. For the price of a 30 second interruption Jeanway now can now enjoy countless hours complaining about it.

It's kinda like forcing yourself to sit through a bad movie so you can look forward to the complaining. It may seem strange but people do it.

Edited by lt_van_roy

I thought it was cool. It almost compares when when President Bill Clinton went to USS Harry S Truman's commissioning ceremonies. Security was very tight. The Secret Serve where very friendly and understanding with the sailors on the ship. When I saw Clinton he looked very pale and tried. His speech was wonderful. Its a day that I won't forget.

I met ex president Clinton once..He was nice.So was my Governer and my mayor(Pataki and guiliani)

..I don't agree with Bush and I don't know how to act if i ever come across him.One things for sure.I don't want to cross paths with the secret service

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

Secret Service was all over this town for two days before he arrived. And all along his route they were standing around me. I didn't vote for him but I still felt excited to see him. I will vote for him this time only because he started all this and should be there to finish it. Changing leaders at this point , to me, is counter-productive. And that's all I'm going to say about it.

With out sparking a debate (maybe we should talk about this on Election talk)

I did not vote for him,nor do i want to see his reoric or his propeganda speeches

on the other hand when i saw Clinton speak,it was like hearing your Unlce tell a story he was facscinating

Must be because he was a road scholar

not a C student

Secret Service was all over this town for two days before he arrived. And all along his route they were standing around me. I didn't vote for him but I still felt excited to see him. I will vote for him this time only because he started all this and should be there to finish it. Changing leaders at this point , to me, is counter-productive. And that's all I'm going to say about it.

267097[/snapback]

Bravo, Jeanway! I'm glad to see that your voting for the right guy! And I guess that's all I'd better say about that. I haven't checked out the "Election Talk" thread yet. :b-day:

BTW, I saw the President while visiting Rochester earlier this year. He was there again last week. Actually, all I really saw was Air Force One at the airport. I had to go a round about way to get there as the highway was blocked. It was pretty neat to see that plane, knowing who was on it!

Edited by jaz4debo

Think of it this way, Valeris.  For the price of a 30 second interruption Jeanway now can now enjoy countless hours complaining about it.

It's kinda like forcing yourself to sit through a bad movie so you can look forward to the complaining.  It may seem strange but people do it.

266381[/snapback]

I have NO complaints about it IT. Sorry to disappoint you. :b-day: Why don't YOU go up in a Hot-Air Ballon? I'm sure you'll feel right at home. :b-day:

This may be off topic but why do they call it the "Secret Service" ? I mean we all know about them so what's the big secret? Do they have a special handshake or something? Maybe a Treasury Department Decoder ring? :b-day: