Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

My Personal Poignant Moments

Do any of them strike a chord?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do any of them strike a chord?

• Edith Keeler gets killed in front of Kirk (City on the Edge of...)
    • The Transporter Accident(The Motion Picture)
    • Spock's death scene (The Wrath of Khan)
    • Kirk finds out his son has been murdered (Search for Spock)
    • Picard sheds a tear when assimilated (First Contact)
    • The Enterprise Swoops in front of the Defiant (First Contact)
    • Picard is tortured by the Cardassians (Chain of Command)
    • Picard finds out of the death of his nephew and brother (Gen)
    • Jadzia Dax is killed by Dukat (Tears of the Prophets)
    • Janeway walks into an empty cargo bay at end of "The 37's"

Each of these scenes create an emotional reaction in me. In First Contact when the elegant Enterprise E swoops past the small Defiant against the Borg cube the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I think that this is a great scene well worth shouting out a "Yay" at. When Jadzia was killed the way she was, pinned to the wall jiggling with shock and then just crumples on the ground, looked very traumatic! Picard shouting about lights was also emotional when he was being tortured. Do you like any of these?

I voted for Picard in "Chain of Command" but most of those TNG moments(the only ones I've seen) are all very touching... :D

I voted for Picard in Chain of Command too but the tear when Picard was assimilated is a close second and one that you didn't include on your list (I know only 10 choices and they can't all be Picard) would have been when Picard and Sarek did the mindmeld. All brilliant!!!!

I would have gone with the destruction of the USS Enterprise in ST3 as one to the most poignant for me, but seeing as it was not included I voted for the death of Edith Keeler as I like the back story i.e. should he let her die or not.

Other moments that are good are:

-Seeing the Enterprise A for the first time in ST4

-The Enterprise going to the second star to the right and straight on till morning in ST6

-Seeing the refit in the dry dock in ST: TMP

-The moment when Gary Mitchell's power is drained by the prison force field and there is a glimer of -hope that is gone within a second.

- In The Big Goodbye when the holo-character asks if he will still be alive when Picard leaves.

- The end of Space Seed when Spock talks of returning in 100 years

- Kirk in the tantalis field in Dagger of the Mind as he seems utterly defeated and doomed.

- The end of Who Mourns for Adonais? (but not as much as the others).

I still like the moment when Riker is looking throught Data's schematics and discovers his off switch. He is so excited for jsut a second and then he his devastated. This is one of my favorite peices of acting from Frakes too.

But of teh ones that you mentioned....Edith Keeler. Gets me every time. :D

My all time favorite moment was Spock and Leila Kalomi in the transporter room.

Also, after Kirk experiences a devasting loss (lover dies) and Spock puts his fingers to Kirks head as he sleeps and whipsers forget.

Of course Spock's death

The scene on the Enterprise D when they find biosigns of the young Bajoran ensign in the debris field.

I am sure there were others but brian is slow today.

I voted for Spock's death scene. I still cry every time I watch it! Oh, and a bit of trivia for the younger fans. I notice nobody has chosen the Transporter Malfunction scene from TMP. Unless you read the novelization of the movie, you have no idea why Kirk reacts the way he does after the accident. In the book, you know the identity of the other person (besides Commander Sonak) who is killed. It's Admiral Lori Ciani, a woman James T Kirk was deeply in love with, and had been living with for the past year. She had planned to beam aboard the Enterprise to surprise Admiral Kirk and see him off. Kinda puts an entirely different spin on that scene, hey?

For me it's Chain of command, but it's the part at the end when Picard will not take help and walks away even though he looks ready to drop. Great acting all round in that episode

I voted for Spock's Death...although it's not the Death Scene that gets to me...it's the Funeral Scene.

and if it were up there...I also may have voted for The Destruction Of The Defiant (The Changing Face Of Evil)

I voted for when Edith Keeler gets killed in front of Kirk (City on the Edge of Forever). I still cry at that scene. ;)

Others are

* When Soren denies her feelings for Riker (The Outcast)

* The destruction of the Enterprise in ST3 and Kirk & McCoy watching it.

Kirk: My God, Bones, what have I done?

McCoy: What you had to do; what you always do: turn death into a fighting chance to live.

* The end of ST 4 when they see the Enterprise A

* In Generations after Kirk was "killed" and Chekov says "My god, was anyone in here?" and Scotty just says "aye".

I'm sure I'll think of more.

I still like the moment when Riker is looking throught Data's schematics and discovers his off switch. He is so excited for jsut a second and then he his devastated. This is one of my favorite peices of acting from Frakes too.

Thats another classic moment from a classic episode.

When Data and Lal are saying goodbye in The Offspring ;)

When Lwaxana Troi confronts her guilt over Kestra's death in Dark Pages

Another one for me is the music, the opening score to First contact makes me cry every time.

Yes I am a man, I just cry OK

You're right about that music. It is incredible.

PS women like men who are not afraid to cry ;)

Another One For Me Was In "Family"

After Jean-Luc and Robert were fighting and they fell in the Mud, Jean-Luc Fell Apart like I never thought I'd See him ever do.

That's A Really Great Episode

I was allso got by the bit at the end af Attached TNG year 7

the bit where Crusher turns Picard down, I felt so sorry for Picard he is my fave character and I felt he should have got the girl at the end. Patric Stewart is god ;)

I null voted, although I probably should have voted for my favourite on the list....Anyways, the only scene that made me SOB was Data's death...Tasha's death and Lal's death and Picard talking to his brother about his experience with the borg, and when Picard found out that all those people had died in the fire were painful moments for me, though...

I voted for the scene in Chains of Command, that one scene was pretty interesting, and yet again there are so many others...such as..

When Data and Lal are saying goodbye in The Offspring

When Lwaxana Troi confronts her guilt over Kestra's death in Dark Pages

And many, many more....

How about at the end of Inner Light when Picard is playing the Resikan Flute in his quarters. Wow!!!

I voted for Picard in Chain of Command too but the tear when Picard was assimilated is a close second and one that you didn't include on your list (I know only 10 choices and they can't all be Picard) would have been when Picard and Sarek did the mindmeld.  All brilliant!!!!

Look again: it's in there! ;)

Other moments that are good are:

-Seeing the Enterprise A for the first time in ST4

-The Enterprise going to the second star to the right and straight on till morning in ST6

-Seeing the refit in the dry dock in ST: TMP

-The moment when Gary Mitchell's power is drained by the prison force field and there is a glimer of -hope that is gone within a second.

- The end of Who Mourns for Adonais?

Ohmigosh, yes. And Lwaxana's mourning her daughter's death. And McCoy in the beginning of Encounter at Farpoint? "She'll always bring you home."

I voted for Spock's death scene. How about "Jim. Your name is Jim." in Search for Spock ? The first glimmer of hope after losing the two people he (arguably) loved the most. Don't get me started on my feelings re: McCoy in that movie.

VI - "Young. I feel young....Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning." Know what else I love? THEY ALL GOT IT! Think they read classic children's lit, or watched Disney? ;) I'm hoping they read it. ;)

I forgot one. In "Dax" when Dax (of course) was on trial, Sisko tries to show that Jadzia is a worthwhile member of society; that she doesn't need to die. He questions her intelligence - is it hers or the symbiont's? She lists her academic degrees, which are considerable, and he asks how many of them she earned before she was joined. A pause, three words, and a settled smile..."All of them."

It doesn't rank with some of the others, but it catches me every time, and I've seen that ep many times. It has shades of Data's humanity being on trial, but it's still great.

Just thought of one, at the end of ST VI where the cast all sign there names. As if they are saying goodbye.

When Odo links with the female for the first time. My wife and had had an argument, (we were not speaking to each other) but we were watching this episode together in silence. When the linking scene happened we were both moved to make-up :wow:

How about at the end of Inner Light when Picard is playing the Resikan Flute in his quarters.  Wow!!!

yea that was great of course I thought the whole ep was graet but you get the point.. :wow:

When Odo links with the female for the first time. My wife and had had an argument, (we were not speaking to each other) but we were watching this episode together in silence. When the linking scene happened we were both moved to make-up :wow:

cheesy.gifwinky.gif