Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

How fast is your connection?

Usually mine is lightning fast, could not ask for it to be any faster, click something and faster than I could say POW! the page is loaded. Do you get the same kind of performance? Just wondering...

Yeah, usually my connection is lightening fast too..However, I have found that there are days that the pages load slowly..That was happening to me yesterday..I don't have an explanation..Today everything seems to be back to the flash it usually is.. :)

Barring any internal errors in my computer loading ranges from instantanious to 10 minutes. Depends on how busy the server is . But the average time is about 3 minutes. But my ISP is the cheapest one so it's ok. I'm usually in no big hurry anyway. You get what you pay for I guess. If that's what you want, not to wait. I don't really care as long as I get here eventually. :)

Edited by Jeanway

You gotta love a cable modem, nothing beats a nice T1 though (nothing that I've ever used anyway). It makes you wonder why Dial Up modems are still stuck at 56k

I have DSL and its very fast. I like it very much. There are days when its a little slow, but mostly is how many people are on the serve at the time. Overall I like DSL.

We have DSL, and it's pretty fast - when it works. :) It can take up to 20 - 30 seconds to download most of the pages here, though. Don't know if that's good or bad. :)

I have DSL sooo its fast but i also have the problem some days it slows right down and can be a pain in the butt :)

At work we use wireless internet and i have know idea how fast it is but at home on hangs computer we have cable modem which is fast enough for me although hang says its to slow but he says that all the time :)

Barring any internal errors in my computer loading ranges from instantanious to 10 minutes. Depends on how busy the server is . But the average time is about 3 minutes. But my ISP is the cheapest one so it's ok. I'm usually in no big hurry anyway. You get what you pay for I guess. If that's what you want, not to wait. I don't really care as long as I get here eventually. :)

265661[/snapback]

If I waited 3 minutes for a page to load and the payoff was a post that only said something like: :laugh: , I'd throw my PC out the window.

We have DSL, and it's pretty fast - when it works.  :)  It can take up to 20 - 30 seconds to download most of the pages here, though. Don't know if that's good or bad.  :laugh: 

265778[/snapback]

Thats about what mine is like on a slow day, it's tolerable unless I'm being rushed to accomplish something.

At work we use wireless internet and i have know idea how fast it is but at home on hangs computer we have cable modem which is fast enough for me although hang says its to slow but he says that all the time :)

265889[/snapback]

Maybe you have a faulty modem, I'd ask the provider to swap it out (if I were renting it)

My Thanks to ALL responders. :laugh:

At my....

Moms: 56K dial up :(

Dads: Broadband :( :laugh:

Nanas: 28K dial up me thinks (tis slow)

and my other pc i think tis 56K dialup....but I dunno. Old pc (Win95) But tis fast....:nono: :blink:

You gotta love a cable modem, nothing beats a nice T1 though (nothing that I've ever used anyway). It makes you wonder why Dial Up modems are still stuck at 56k

265714[/snapback]

My 56K dial up is pretty fast........:( *thanks her Internet people*

I have a 1mb internet connection and most of the time its a deasent speed buy now and again i cant laod anything because it takes to long (I get board of waiting and try somewhere else.) How fast is a T1 in terms of mb etc?

depends.... Up to 100 sometimes depending on how many people use it and where you use it.

I have a 4 mbit internet connection.

It's quite fast, but I'm getting spoiled and beginning to think it's too slow for me ><

Too bad that's as far as the ADSL here goes... :/

My connection is much faster if I do regular maintenance. Especially a defrag and 'Through' Disk-clean-up regularly.