Sign in to follow this  
Tank

Dax on Enterprise?

I asked this question to the startrek.com board a few nights ago but now that I've moved over here I was wondering what you people thought of this idea?

It makes sense to me that since Dax is over 300 years old in DS9 that he/she could be on Enterprise at some point. Anyway give me your thoughts.. I think this could be cool.

Does anybody here know who all the hosts that Dax was in. There was an episode when Judsia had different characters on DS9 take on the personalities of Dax different hosts. Which host would Dax be in during the days of Enterprise?

1.Lela Dax

2.Tobin Dax

3.Emony Dax

4.Audrid Dax

5.Torias Dax

6.Joran Dax

7.Curzon Dax

8.Jadzia Dax

9.Ezri Dax

I think it would be Lela but i'm not sure, the St:Ency says Lela was around in 2171, which is 20 years after Ent, it says Lela could even been around in the 21st century, so it would be either Lela or Tobin, but not the other ones, because one was in ST:VI, in theory

I don't remember, so I could be completely wrong but it seemed to me that Curzon was the first host associated with Starfleet, is there any information to verify this?

According to the book the Dax character in ST:VI, a guy, who had those boots with Gorkon's blood put in his locker "could have been" Dax, but at that time the Dax symbiont's host was Emony or Audrid, both women, so it's one of those annoying maybes of Star Trek, no one knows, or at least I don't

According to the book the Dax character in ST:VI, a guy, who had those boots with Gorkon's blood put in his locker "could have been" Dax, but at that time the Dax symbiont's host was Emony or Audrid, both women, so it's one of those annoying maybes of Star Trek, no one knows, or at least I don't

I can't believe that because it seems very out of character for Dax to have killed Gorkon. Also as far as Curzon being the first Dax to have anything to do with Starfleet, I think Dax could be on Enterprise without being any kind of member of Starfleet. Also I'm not sure which Dax it would have been at this point but I was told by one person that it would have been Tobin.

Was Tobin the evil one? If so, that could tie nicly into the ST6 story, even if the times do not line up perfectly.

The evil one is the one I would most like to see explored on ENT. :devil:

Was Tobin the evil one? If so, that could tie nicly into the ST6 story, even if the times do not line up perfectly.

The evil one is the one I would most like to see explored on ENT.  :devil:

No, Tobin was the Nervous one that would bite his nails a lot. The Evil one is Torias Dax.

I can't believe that because it seems very out of character for Dax to have killed Gorkon. Also as far as Curzon being the first Dax to have anything to do with Starfleet, I think Dax could be on Enterprise without being any kind of member of Starfleet. Also I'm not sure which Dax it would have been at this point but I was told by one person that it would have been Tobin.

yeah, but the Dax character in ST:VI wasn't the guy who did it, they just found the boots in his locker, he was only in the movie for a few seconds, and he couldn't have done it because he had those weird feet.

yeah, but the Dax character in ST:VI wasn't the guy who did it, they just found the boots in his locker, he was only in the movie for a few seconds, and he couldn't have done it because he had those weird feet.

I feel stupid. I must have been having a brain cloud because I completly forgot about that part of the movie! I completly miss understood. Still I don't think that crewmen Dax in ST:6 was the same Dax that we all know. First off he wasn't a Trill and as far as I know the Dax symbiont has only had Trill hosts. If I'm wrong about this please let me know. There is a lot of DS9 that I missed and I'm still trying to catch up.

i don't think it's him either, and i don't even no why the Encyclopedia even speculates there's a connection between them, course we really don't know what the ST:VI Dax is or if if maybe he did carry the symbiont for a very short time and it's never been recorded. i don't know, man that book causes a lot of trouble :) :) :)

I doubt if it would have been the same Dax in ST: VI because I have never heard anything about the symbiant having ever had a non Trill host.

The part that has confused me is that the Trill/Symbiant relationship was first made know in TNG. Am I wrong or was that episode the first time that Starfleet became aware of the......Unique arrangement between the host and symbiant in the trill race? If so it implies that they were not in Starfleet or there would have been medical information for Doctor Crusher to access. Stands to reason that if they had served on a starship the ship's doctor would have known and made note of it.

Hmm... I'll do a little research and provide a Dax chronology. For now, here's what I'd like to see!

Dax's 1st or 2nd host on ENT. We have first contact with the Trill species and learn about their symbiotic relationship, but Phlox doesn't examine them for some reason, thus no medical files! :)

That TNG episode also had different make up for Trills and I do believe that is when Trills became general knowledge to the Federation, but I'll have to watch it again.

Out of curiosity....has anyone read the book "Lives of Dax"?

Who wrote that? I am a big Dax fan and I would love to get hold of that book.

Out of curiosity....has anyone read the book "Lives of Dax"?

Who wrote that? I am a big Dax fan and I would love to get hold of that book.

It is an anthology of different authors. It was edited by Marco Palmieri.

Yes, its a great read because each story has its own style.

Lives of Dax is such a good book.

Click for Spoiler:

My favorite story was the one guy who is a serial killer. It was so creapy at the end when they were in that back room!

Lives of Dax is such a good book. 

Click for Spoiler:

My favorite story was the one guy who is a serial killer.  It was so creapy at the end when they were in that back room! 

I am going to try to get the book this weekend. It sounds great.

I doubt if it would have been the same Dax in ST: VI because I have never heard anything about the symbiant having ever had a non Trill host. 

The part that has confused me is that the Trill/Symbiant relationship was first made know in TNG.  Am I wrong or was that episode the first time that Starfleet became aware of the......Unique arrangement between the host and symbiant in the trill race?  If so it implies that they were not in Starfleet or there would have been medical information for Doctor Crusher to access.  Stands to reason that if they had served on a starship the ship's doctor would have known and made note of it.

I think you hit on the continuity problem that has been bothering me. Sisko has known Curzon for years - Curzon has been a Federation Ambassador - so why isn't medical information regarding his species in the Enterprise's databanks? Why do people who supposedly value Infinite Diversity so bothered by the symbiont? There are symbionts throughout nature on Earth - wouldn't finding a sentient one be logical?

I think the writers saw they had a good idea in the Trills, then just took off with it when DS9 came up.

I think, if Dax showed up, it'd have to be Leila, the politico. Tobin would make for a funny ep, though!

Vulcans, Klingons, Tribbles, Andorians, Tellarites, Tholians, The Borg.... and now a Dax? How more original will Enterprise get! I mean there's talk of getting Shatner in! I dont want to see a Dax. Or a Sarek. Or any thing else added in from other series. I feel it's making the Star Trek Universe look small and local. And as for the Dax on Undiscovered country? Hundreds of thousands of us have the same name. Dax in his language could mean something different in Trill but just be pronounced and spelt the same in English. English being one language out of thousands on one planet out of millions yet plastered all over the Federation! But I digress...

I do not really think that it would make the universe seem small. I think that we need to realize that in the universe there are not infinite species. So with the time that we have spent with Star Trek we have likely seen a large majority of them in other series, so it comes to reason that we will see many off the races that we have already seen.

not to mention this is a prequal to all the other shows, so all these meetings with aliens, and people we know, are first contacts.

Click for Spoiler:

like the bounty tonight, i think thats gonna go a long way to show the hatred between the klingons, and starfleet

. so its informative to see how things happened instead of just the end product of such meetings. that and what we can travel even in the 24th century sure isnt infinate, so we will be seeing the same people over again.