Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Waterworld ~

Stars Kevin Costner about a nautical society. I really enjoyed it. It is an older movie, released in 1995 but I'd watch it again. Very interesting concept about how life might evolve if the levels of the Oceans rose.

I've seen it a couple of times and I thought it was... erm... alright... :dude:

It has some good scenes, I must admit that, but it's none of my fave movies (I'm not much into Costner either). :dude:

I liked it, and one of these days I'll get around to getting it on DVD. :o

I saw it, Jeanway. The crazy dude firing the quad-barrel machine gun, the wacked-out vessel that Costner's character used, the racing car on the oiler, are some of the scenes that I recall. Not as good as "Dances With Wolves," or recently "Open Range." IMO, of course :o

Edited by jaz4debo

Really? You didn't like it? Bysty? I thought it was alot like "Mad Max" Anyone else think so? I really liked Kevin in " Dances with Wolves" { Tutonitutonka Au Washu } :wow: Only watched that one about 20 times :o Was "Open Range" like it jaz? OH, Scaleman, your Avatar really bothers me. Always has. :o Sorry. What exactly does it mean?

Edited by Jeanway

Lame overall, but Dennis Hopper was funny.

UGH! RSV. But Dennis Hopper was good, he always is. :o Wasn't he is Apocolypse Now??

I really liked Kevin in " Dances with Wolves" { Tutonitutonka Au Washu }  :o Only watched that one about 20 times :wow: Was "Open Range" like it jaz?

I have only seen that once, on DVD. I would definitely rent it again. I am paticularly fond of westerns. I grew up watching daily episodes of "Gunsmoke" and "Bonanza." "Dances With Wolves " ranks up in the top 10 of my favorite movies of any genre, including (GASP!) the Star Trek series. Perhaps I should start a thread about that particular movie, WDYT?

:vbg2:

EEWWW, then you HAVE TO rent " DEAD MAN " with Johnny Depp. Odd little Western in Black and White, I loved it, watched it also about 20 times AND bought the sound track. You want to see Cowboy Humour? Dirty, filthy cowboys who dress like Ladies around the campfire and talk about, :wow: well, stuff I can't say on here. Very Hysterical :o

weren't too keen on it

too pulpish.

EEWW, PULPISH? I don't think so. Now " RESERVIOR DOGS ", That was Pulpish, to the Max! :wow: :o

Stars Kevin Costner about a nautical society. I really enjoyed it. It is an older movie, released in 1995 but I'd watch it again. Very interesting concept about how life might evolve if the levels of the Oceans rose.

I went to see it when it came out, I remember it was a long movie. It kept my interest and I enjoyed myself but it wasn't the kind of movie that I'd have paid for twice.

OK, then, how about "SPLASH"? I loved "SPLASH". :wow: Tom Hanks and "Madison" :o Oh, Man, what's her name?? :o Ummmm?? I can see her face???? SHE WAS JFKjr's girlfriend.

Really? You didn't like it? Bysty? I thought it was alot like "Mad Max" Anyone else think so? I really liked Kevin in " Dances with Wolves" { Tutonitutonka Au Washu }  :laugh: Only watched that one about 20 times :huh: Was "Open Range" like it jaz? OH, Scaleman, your Avatar really bothers me. Always has. :picard-sith: Sorry. What exactly does it mean?

*sigh* I didn't think anyone would raise a fuss over my avatar, sheesh. It's supposed to be an insignia/rank pic using an image from the Timeship Relativity as a base (the rank is commander btw). I have a picture circling the design added. Oh, if it looks like a shield with a cross it's not supposed to, sorry.

post-21-1090180463.jpg

Edited by scaleman

Really? You didn't like it? Bysty? I thought it was alot like "Mad Max" Anyone else think so? I really liked Kevin in " Dances with Wolves" { Tutonitutonka Au Washu }  :laugh: Only watched that one about 20 times :huh: Was "Open Range" like it jaz? OH, Scaleman, your Avatar really bothers me. Always has. :picard-sith: Sorry. What exactly does it mean?

*sigh* I didn't think anyone would raise a fuss over my avatar, sheesh. It's supposed to be an insignia/rank pic using an image from the Timeship Relativity as a base (the rank is commander btw). I have a picture circling the design added. Oh, if it looks like a shield with a cross it's not supposed to, sorry.

No, I'm sorry, Scaleman. It's just that it's not symetrical, that's all. I like things to be balanced and even. It looks off balance, that's all. Now that you showed me what it is, I understand it's not supposed to be, it's a part of something. That's cool. Maybe I'll start looking at the pieces of things, interesting concept. How'd you come up with that idea? :laugh:

OK, there was this movie I saw once. I don't remember when I saw it but it was very funny. Can anyone tell me if they know the name of it. I starred Mary Steenbergen and Jack Nichlos, Nickles, what's his name??? Nicholson??? You know, the guy from 'The Shining', the guy who went nuts. Nicholson?? Aw Crap. :flowers: Anyway she hung chairs on the wall. It was a Western, I think. I'd like to watch it again but I can't remember the name of it.

OK, there was this movie I saw once. I don't remember when I saw it but it was very funny. Can anyone tell me if they know the name of it. I starred Mary Steenbergen and Jack Nichlos, Nickles, what's his name??? Nicholson??? You know, the guy from 'The Shining', the guy who went nuts. Nicholson?? Aw Crap. :flowers:  Anyway she hung chairs on the wall. It was a Western, I think. I'd like to watch it again but I can't remember the name of it.

jeanway, the name of the movie was Goin' South!

Thanks Sman, that was quick :hug:  :flowers:

Yes...well...I was so excited about bringing up my 101st post and being promoted to Lt. Commander...now I do not have to post for awhile!

Much better than "The Postman"- take that statement anyway you want to. Seriously, I didn't think the movie was as bad as people said it was, it just wasn't worth the 100 million bucks it cost to make it.

Much better than "The Postman"- take that statement anyway you want to.  Seriously, I didn't think the movie was as bad as people said it was, it just wasn't worth the 100 million bucks it cost to make it.

240471[/snapback]

Waterworld better than the Post Man ....no way!!!