Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theunicornhunter

July Is Ice Cream Month

What is your favorite ice cream parlor?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite ice cream parlor?

• Baskin Robbins
    • Ben & Jerry's
    • Dairy Queen
    • Snelgrove's
    • Leatherby's
    • HagenDaaz
    • Other

A lot of ice parlors are regional so I only listed those I remembered having been too. Really DQ and BR are the only ones I know for sure that are pretty much everywhere.

I have been in one Ben & Jerry's parlor - which was my favorite.

In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. He recognized ice cream as a fun and nutritious food that is enjoyed by a full 90% of the nation's population. In the proclamation, President Reagan called for all people of the United States to observe these events with "appropriate ceremonies and activities."

The International Ice Cream Association (IICA) encourages retailers and consumers to celebrate July as National Ice Cream Month. In 2004, National Ice Cream Day will be Sunday, July 18

from idfa

Other-Cold Stone.

All the flavors plus you may pick your favorite mix-ins to create unique flavors, other places probably offer mix-ins but Cold Stone is closest to us.

Second would be Dairy Queen; my childhood favorite.

I picked other. Up until earlier this year I would have voted either Baskin Robbins or Dairy Queen....but I definately have to vote for Cold Stone Creamery. That opened up here in town, and though I have been there only a handful of times I have to give that store my vote.

I like the option of mix-ins.

Sweet Cream with fresh strawberries & bananas mixed in is one of my favorites.

Their cake batter ice cream is awesome as well. Or either sweet cream, vanilla or chocolate with peanut butter cups mixed in. Definately makes it difficult to make a selection.

DQ is great love the frozen hot chocolate but cold creek creamery is the best, its scary though when you give them a tip like all of the employed come out and start singing a song. *shivers*

This month is brought to you by wisconsin cows.

MOO.............................

I REALLY DO LIKE SOFT SERVE, DQ'S CHOCOLATE VANILLA SWIRL, DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE. Oops, sorry for the yelling. :o But I've also made my own ice cream. I had a White Mountain Bucket, I don't know where it went, I think someone stole it during my move. But I have made, Fresh Nectarine Ice Cream and Coconut Cherry, with fresh Bing Cherries and also a Toasted Coconut with Kahlua Ice Cream :laugh::laugh::look: :lol: :o :o B)

{ sorry for all the slobber} :o

{ Group slobber } B)

In my home town there was a place called Londons Farm Dairy.

They had a little Ice Cream Parlor in front. Served the best ice cream.

My fav was orange pineapple.

Other than that i would have to say DQ.