Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ Queries ~~

What's the purpose for been put on ' QUERIE ' ? I've been on it a few times myself. I found it to be extremely uncomfortable. Because when you post it's nice to see it right away. If your on ' querie' you have to wait for a Mod to review it before it gets posted, it may not be put up til the next day. If they found it objectionable it doesn't get posted at all. I wondered though, about the length of time a person is 'ususally' on querie. And do you think it's better to put a length of time limit on it or would a number of post be more effective. If it's a length of time a person can just stop posting and wait it out. If it's a number of posts, they'd be forced to post, and in an acceptable manner until they reach that number. Don't you think that would be a better way?

No they don't..

Most of the time the things that are waiting for review don't even get posted

I think when your are first on querie, your posting behavior hasn't changed but the more you post and are aware of what your saying and what could be construed as offensive you learn what not to say. After a while it becomes second nature to post in an unoffensive manner. I'm not just talking to you, but to everyone. I'm not talking personalities here but principles of behavior modification.

I have had TWO queres.And they have not "helped " my nature in the least bit

I have had TWO queres.And they have not "helped " my nature in the least bit

So maybe the problem isn't on the X,Y axis then Tina, you want to talk? I'll try to call you tonight after Fen is asleep, O.K.?

Not tonight..I start my shift early tommorrow...I have 40s this week..Darn Semi annual sale

I have discussed it on other sites and it seems that my anger is founded and is not irrational...But in the interest of fairness..Thats all i can say

Queuing is an ability of Message Board Administration where by a disruptive member's posting privileges may be temporally or indefinitely suspended.

The primary goal of this action is to quickly remove the disrupter from being able to post spam thus providing instant protection to the law abiding community.

Under ideal circumstances the member being Qed immediately recognizes the Admins resolve to have their site rules adhered to thus contacts the staff stating the error of their ways and asks to be removed from Q with a promise to behave from that time forward. Those requests are usually always granted in a first time offense but the staff will then be wary of any pleas made by the same offender in new cases of trouble. If a repeat offender will not adhere to and modify his or her posting practices to fit with-in posted site rules then Queuing could become a permanent solution while the decision to ban the member is being made.

Seems you have a clear understanding of the purpose for Qing Jeanway, hopefully that knowledge will help you steer clear of experiencing it again.

However Tina, your attitude since your time in the brig has not shown much improvement, (as is evidenced by your replies to this thread) unfortunately that will most likely lead to further action against you in the future but hey, it's YOUR choice.

Actually i am trying to keep all comments Snotty or otherwise to a minimum..I don't want to discuss anything so that i won't be quered anymore

My original point I was trying to make here was.....................

A time limit vs. a number of posts.

If a person waits out a 'time limit' then comes back and does the same things all over again, what purpose has Querie made?

Whereas a 'Number of posts' Querie makes more sense, don't you think? :flowers: