Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What will become of Trip

We've heard repeated announcements that there will be changes in each character's development. I think last night gave us a glimpse of that.

Click for Spoiler:

What do you think lies ahead for Trip? Will he get demoted? Will he cease to be funny - which I think would be a loss to the program? Will he get wiser - let's hope so? Will he and the Archer still be "friends" - although I've noticed they've had very little contact this season. Archer's been too busy with T'Pol.

Click for Spoiler:

I don't think he'll be demoted. A reprimand on his record or something. I think it should definitely effect his relationship with Archer but they have been friends for a long time so I think it is not damaged beyond repair. I don't think Trip will lose his sense of humour over this but I think he will think twice next time he is faced with a situation like this.

Click for Spoiler:

I agree with Takara_Soong. Trip definatly deserves a reprimand on his record. I hope this doesn't effect his humor. Archer was very upset, and I don't see him getting over this easily. Trip looked really sober in the fact that his actions had cost a life. He will be more cautious in the future.

I hope he doesn't lose his sense of humor. :tear: I think we will see a more mature, sadder, slightly more bitter Trip next season......especially in light of the fact that karma is going to visit him big time in the season finalé. I think happy go lucky Trip is going to take a beating. He'll still have his compassion, but this rift with Jonathan is going to hit him hard, really make him reevaluate things. Yes, a reprimand on his record is in order.

Whatever the changes, Connor will do them justice. He managed to make you feel sympathy for Trip even when his actions are shortsighted and questionable. Connor and John Billingsley are top notch talents.

......especially in light of the fact that karma is going to visit him big time in the season finalé. I think happy go lucky Trip is going to take a beating

Do you have a scoop on the finale - I haven't read anything about Trip specifically

A lesson learned is one less hardship to encounter. Trip will get over it, it will be interesting to see how he acts in "Regeneration." I'm sure Archer will be on friendly terms with him. Its always nice to be on friendly terms with the Chief Engineer.

I don't think Trip will change that much, I think Starfleet will use this to set better guidelines for First Contact, and general interaction with other cultures, but I do think this will haunt Trip for a little while and will become better because of it.

this event will inevidibly have an affect on tripp, but i think he'll come out of this just fine, but with a little different view on how to handle dfferent situations. as far as him and archer, archer is a captain, he will have the maturity to get over this, at least to a point where they will still be friends.

Maybe T'Pol will threa :angry: ten resignation unless he's made into her thong wearing love slave and so after a falling out over who has the nicest pecs, Archer will agree with her request. And in the fourth season Trip is killed after a particularly strenious Ponn Far session. :lol: Only joking. I think that he and T'Pol will hook up after Ponn Far though. And generally he will stay the same. Unless it turns out that he's been a Suliban spy or massive war lord from the 29th century or something like that. That would annoy me!

I agree with Takara Soong. I think that even with just a reprimand Tripp's career may have been shotened or he may face difficulties later beause of his actions.

I think that this will make Tripp a stronger and more responsible character. Also, I don't think that his and the Captain's friendship will suffer. I think that Archer feels some responsibility for not granting the Cogenitor assilam. I do think that it could lead to the beginnings of the prime directive though.

Click for Spoiler:

Its been said that someone will lose someone close to them. In the finaly, Florida is bombed by the Xindi, and Trip is from Florida.

I think he won't overtly change. But his attitude will.