Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Cornbread

Got some Cornbread cooking the butter's ready and I'm hungry. What else do you need?

I know... Some DS9 to watch while eating the corn bread... perfect!

I know it's a strange breakfast food, but I couldn't resist.

What's breakfast? Is that that thing morning people do about the time I'm going to bed? :naughty:

Corn bread! [/wail] Why must you torment me so, VBG? Now I want corn bread too. *sighs mournfully*

I don't know, the only time I ever really ate breakfase in my life was when I was in the Army and that's because the food was so good and you could get omelets to order with awesome sausage patties and hashbrowns and all the chocolate milk you could drink. The mess hall had 2 sides so I'd go in one side, eat leave then go back in the other side and get a carry out try to take back to the barracks to eat after PT (Physical Training) lol.

I am a bona fide morning person unless I have trouble sleeping the night...I eat real breakfast, ususally some kind of cereal and fruit. ( Evidence of being a morning person...I teach at early morning during the academic year. This summer I will be daily teaching a 7am class. I have no problem with that.)

I love cornbread but in the evening with beans.

However this is a free country and you folks can eat whatever you want when you want it!

When I was a little girl my Momma would make soup beans and cornbread for supper once awhile. In my household cornbread is served with vegetable soup. YUMMY!!!! :blink:

Hot cornbread with butter is good any time of day or night :) ! Oh great, now I'm hungry for cornbread. I can almost taste it. I wish I WAS tasting it! :laugh:

I am a cornbread snob. At this one camp I once went to, we ground corn and then cooked it into cornbread over and open fire, then put honey on it and ate it. Now, I cannot have any other type of cornbread without hating it. :laugh:

I throw a handful of frozen corn in mine just before I bake it. Ever make your own CORN-DOGS? :laugh::bow: