Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Kosher!

SO i am half jewish/...

Does anyone keep a Kosher house or enjoy Kosher foods?

So you know about what Kosher is and what is its prinicples

Well i know a little howbout you?

I love Kosher. I have enjoyed it most of my life. I know that during the killing of animals it's very humane and clean. You don't drink milk with beef, that's an insult to the cow. I love the pickles, and krepla, and bintzes, and Matza ball soup, and Matza, Gelfilte fish with sour cream, Borscht, uh, and those little meat pies, what are they called I forget. Pastrami in the mid-west is nothing like it is on the East Coast, HELP!!!! I would kill for a nice pastrami on a hard roll with mustard right now :eekout: and a nice glass of tea :waaaa::waaaa:

The family secret on both my parents side is that there may have been those that are Jewish. It's just a whisper that my mother's father may have been and on my father's side as well but it's kept a tightly guarded secret, like they're still afraid Hitler is going to come out of his grave and kill them. Also distantly on my mother's side a person in my family may have been partially black and we have Cherokee Indians in the bloodline too. Dad is second generation German that was born in America. All his siblings insist that they are Catholic now but his family left Germany very quickly and there had to be a reason to leave everything behind and come to America with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

Yes, I buy my Hebrew Nationals because I know they are Kosher which means blessed by a Rabbi and made under very strict guidelines.

Oh, BC, I know what your talking about. I knew older Jewish people when I was a child who were still afraid. It's terrible. They would cry and try to explain but they were even afraid to explain. They're all gone now but I remember them. I love the Jewish people.

I had a friend that was Jewish and she told me a lot about it. She wasn't Kosher but her brother was and so her mom had to keep separate untensils and dishes for when his family visited.

I don't remember a lot but I know it had something to do with the dietary laws given in the Pentateuch or the first five books of what Christians refer to as the Old Testament. I remember the part about not putting meat and dairy products on the same plate. And I know that Kosher food has to be prepared according to specific guidelines to be labeled Kosher.

There isn't a big market for Kosher food where I live. Here, if it can't be barbecued or battered and deep fried it isn't food. :eekout:

I know a lady were I work, she's a customer and she's Polish. She wears gloves almost always and upon occassion when I have seen her hands she had a number tattooed across one. She looked very frightened that I saw the number and I knew what the numbers were and meant. She was a survivor and with or without those gloves I pray nothing like that ever happens to another race of people. After my working many years at the company she is very relaxed with me now and doesn't worry about me seeing her hands. She must of been a very small child when she was tattooed but it was burned into her brain the fear and the pain all her life and who knows if she was orphaned because of Hitler.

Edited by BlueCrystal

like they're still afraid Hitler is going to come out of his grave and kill them

with all the anti semitisim in the world im not surprised

and yeah im fully 100% Jewish!!!!! YEAH!!! i love it (PS sorry from my break away from the boards my geo teacher has been swampin me with me) anywho my dad doesnt keep kosher, i try to i force him to on pasach otherwise yeah i love kosher food, its alll soooooo good, i went with my friend shira, (another jew) to the kosher deli around the corner of my skool for lunch on friday kosher salami is sooo much better :dude: and kosher beef is mad cow free, the blood from the head doesnt have time to reach the rest of the body wen killed, and they only have to b fed grains and grass, no other animals :eekout:

I pray nothing like that ever happens to another race of people.

sry just had to say this: im assuming u mean again, not just to another race of ppl (that wood mean that it couldnt happen to anyone but jews) and for us it doesnt matter we will always be haetd *sigh*

(btw unicorn u can bbq kosher food ... mmm kosher burger :waaaa::waaaa::P:P:P:P)

Edited by stoned_vulcan

Stoned Vulcan, Yaesu. I don't want what happen to the Jew in Nazi Germany to happen to anyone ever again. No matter who or what they are.

Edited by BlueCrystal

I know cream and chicken together are a nono...

umm... no pork...

BTW The laws are really old because it bans thing such as shellfish and non cud chewing animals with hooves (yes i know i said that)

Its because it was health issues too..So no Lobster and No Pork

BTW The laws are really old because it bans thing such as shellfish and non cud chewing animals with hooves (yes i know i said that)

Its because it was health issues too..So no Lobster and No Pork

OK, I can understand why those foods were initially banned for health reasons, and that got carried over into their culture, but why live by it now?

Well not really health issues Tina, it was because hooved animals would hurt the land that they settled on and it was a tradition that stuck. Well anyways my girlfriend is Jewish and her family practices Kosher, they aren't as strict with it as some are though <_< .

A funny story actually, when my girlfriend came back from Isreal she had gotten my friend a shirt that said "100% Kosher" on it. We went out for breakfast there were four of us, my girlfriend, bestfriend, and another friend. Well when we were ordering our food my friend asked for a side order of bacon and the waitress gave him a strange look. One of those things you need to be there for.

Oh thanks Nem for aging interjecting on a topic you know little about

Anyway to answer lt Van Roy: Its the if it ain't broke don't fix it syndrome...