Sign in to follow this  
fenriz275

What A Week

Have you ever had one of those weeks, you know the kind I'm talking about. Let me give you one of mine from a few years ago as an example.

I started that particular week off by losing my job, well I knew where it was it just wasn't my job anymore. Then figuring I'd be needing some cash I did my taxes and was surprised to find out that I OWED the IRS money, an adult viewers only tirade followed with many colorful words and not a small amount of yelling. Later in the week I had my car undergo mandatory Vehicle Emissions Testing but it turned out my car couldn't be tested until I had some work done on it. After I had the work done and spent an entire day reading 2 year old Golf Digest magazines I had my car tested again. I ended the week hoping someone would just hit me in the head with a heavy object so I could get it over with.

I know we all have these kind of weeks so let's share. :lol:

(side note, the mandatory Vehicle Emmisions Testing was discontinued the following month. :P )

Last week my husband and his friend were at work (they work at the same place) and with no warning and no explanation one of the bosses came in and fired my hubby's friend, just give us your keys and leave. Less then an hour later they told my husband the same thing. Both of them called the supervisors and asked exactly why they were fired and all they would say is we can't go into it. Both us and the other guy are Jehovah's Witnesses and there have been plenty of snide little comments and such around holiday times about us not celebrating them. We have one day a year that we celebrate, our only "holiday" if you will, and both of them had put in written requests for that day off weeks in advance and were both told not only that they had to work but that they were both going to have to stay and close the store unless they wanted to be written up. Needless to say we're in contact with a lawyer right now. In the mean time we're both trying to find a job (Right now I'm a stay at home mom but if I find a job first I'll go back to work until he finds a good job) and I have no idea how we're going to pay our bills and I'm ashamed to say I'm going to have to ask my parents and sister for help paying June's rent.

Yeah this last week has been a nightmare. :P

That's horrible, that kind of behavior makes me wonder if it would be worth the trouble for you all to get an attorney because the actions of the company clearly strike me as discrimination. :P

Wow, RC sorry to hear about your situation - that does sound like discrimination - I hope your attorney can help you.

I had a bad day last year when I got laid off and then on the way home I was rear ended a block from my house. I was so afraid they would total my car - it was old and I had just lost my job so I couldn't make payments. Fortunately they patched it up. I'm still working as a temp - and don't have medical ins. and all the issues that go with that. And I'm still commuting two hours a day as gas prices continue to rise. So that bad day has been hanging on for a while.

Monday morning I cut my wrist, by accident, and had to have 10 stitches before breakfast. The next day, Tuesday, someone smashed into my parked car outside my house and took off, no note, just my passenger's side window laying on the ground, popped right out, in a million pieces. The hood all smashed in, now I can't open it. Then yesterday, we had a tornado come through here, two blocks from my house and it ripped two of my front windows right off and blew them down the street. Last night I scratched one off my stitches and broke it off. Then today I find out my insurance won't cover this and at the food store parking lot someone punched in the big piece of clear plastic I had cut and taped over the window opening. So now I have to do it all over again. And tonight is raining and winding buckets out there. Along with finding out on of my friends fell down a flight of stairs and now has brain damage and can't hear, and he's a musician. Along with a few other miscellaneous things, it's been the week from H*LL. :P Yea, today it got to me and I cried alot. But am feeling a little better now. Am having the window replaced Tuesday, and they are coming HERE to do it :lol: I don't know why but when someone messes with my ride I get so upset. I love my ride :P

I broke my wrist and because I got to the ER at 6 and not before 5pm I have to spend my entire weekend in a splint and in pain and not be plastered up until MONDAY AFTERNOON!!

My week back to school in grade 9 was like that my favorite teacher, neighbour, and family friend, hung himself the day after the school year in grade 8 not that the summer wasn't hard enough but having your first class back in his classroom not an easy thing at all. Well the next day my Uncle lost his long fight with cancer so I had to go down for the funeral, he was the uncle I wasn't closest to on my dad's side and my dad's best friend... it was the first time I ever saw my dad cry. Well my grandparents had been slowly becoming senile due to all the stress caused by my Uncle dying but they had now gone so far downhill that things even harder to bare. My grandfather now thinks I'm my father and my dad is his brother, he's stuck in the 60's. Well when we get home on thursday we find out that not one but two of my great uncles had been diagoniosed with incurible lung cancer and we're both given no longer then 6 months to live. The good thing about that though is that they are both alive today, still have cancer but by looking at them you would never know it.

Meep!! Not good!

Yeah I know what its like to have one of those really horrable weeks that seem to drag on forever. I had one a few years ago it started out **VERY** badly with the worst thing that has ever happened to me...id rather not mention it but a few of you know what it is. It just got worse and worse after that and it ended with me taking out my pent up guilt, rage, sorrow ect on some innocent bystander...i dont know why i just...snapped and next thing i knew he was in a ball on the ground and some of the people around me where pulling me away. Didnt get better though..in fact its only starting to get better.

:P Hang in there RikerChick. I have my last day of my job tomorrow due to a boss that was trying to force me to work one Sunday a month. His God might be the bottom line but mine rules the heavens and the earth.

Ok last week was hard for me. I got into a huge fight with my husband and I haven't seen him in a week. I went to talk to my counselor and in the middle of seeing her, she got and emergency phone call and was told her dog had to put to sleep. We both just sobbed over it. I spent the rest of the time trying to help her through the loss of her doggie child. I have to leave a job I love because I can't work Sundays. (I actually think my soon to be ex-boss is either evil or God's using him to test my faith.)

I know it's not as bad as other folks rotten weeks but for once this was a mildly good week for me and I learned a great deal about myself at therapy when my counselor did the crying too. So I've grown as a person emotionally and spiritual I think.

UUHHHHHH :P :P And I thought I was depressed before ;)

GEE Fen, THANKS :lol: