Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doc Niel

Postcards From The Edge

Well here is just another day in paradise for me.

at work: Well lets just say its not even noon and I really should be leaving for the day, but since my command requires 8 hours a day, I get to sit here and type to you all.

I guess I should give you a little bit about me:

General:

31/ Male

Navy Corpsman 2'nd class

Stationed in Washington D.C. working for the the ASN.

Been in for 12yrs., Originally from NYC.

Have orders to San Diego for school (Prev. Med., oh yeah!!! I get to play with bugs

<_< :wub: )

Personal:

Coming out of a very bad marriage of 10 years.

( I would love to make it work but Seniorita Psychopath makes it very difficult)

I have a 5 year old son how looks just like me, and who I love very much

I will have to type more later

Doc out

Sometimes I really feel like I'm fighting the :borg: fighting assimulation. fighting lose of myself. I mean don't get me wrong there is a lot of <_< in the military, but nothing like what goes on in my home. I know I must get out of there not just for me but for my son as well, this will be one heck of a fight. I pay to see it.

Welcome to personal logs Doc. :wub: Sorry you're dealing with so much in your personal life. <_< *hug*

Good Morning and thanks for the Hug. Really needed it Heres one back at you ! :bow:

Its okay, things happen and there isn't much I can do about it except hope that custody will not be an extreme fight!!!! That would hurt me more :blink:

Right now I'm going to the Optomotrist to see about laser surgery. I'll write more later

Doc Niel out

Right now as I sit here typing away with no work to do, Waiting for 15:00 to come around so I can change and leave. I've come to the realization that boredom can bring about depression fairly easily.

So what I guess i'm trying to say come on Jan'05 get here so I can leave this place. I am so ready for a change its not even funny. :wub:

Doc Niel out

Well this week end was spent for the most part in my vehicle, driving to NYC to discuss my current personal life with my family as they have no clue as to what is really going on. I the mean time Senorita Pshycopath thought I was just going to talk to them, drive down From NY to VA so I could be at the house so she could sleep in on Sunday. With much fanfare I did leave my parents house Sat evening, much to the distress of my son, I didn't make it to the house this weekend But I do have a 4 day weekend this weekend so I will be with him then.

I just have to remind myself that in the not to disdant future this will be all over and I can finally be me. Not to say I don't care for her, I do but in the long run we are just not compatable. There are to many issues between us that neither of us talk about, mostly because I don't know who I am talking to.

But at least my parents understand what is going on and are willing to help in certain areas. It also helps to write things out.

On a more positive note, I heard from my friend today who said that she's going to try and call me today, if she can. Hopeful to here her voice as contact has been intermintant. I brings a smile to my face that someone is tender and willing enough to assist me in picking up the peices.

Till next time

Doc Niel Out :waaaa::waaaa::eekout:

Well, things are running fairly smoothly here at work. the database we use was down for 2 days :( :( which gave me a chance to catch-up with my email. and read my book some more. Went up to Bethesda Tuesday and had the CD I was listening to was drowned out by all that Cicada noise. Although, everyone around here is complaining about them I think its rather interesting. :( what big orange eyes they have......

Know I sit here, not busy because as usual my work here is done. 3 hours of work and I still have to stay here, Its a long weekend for us as we have both Friday and Monday off, But :o I can't leave till after a retirement luncheon for our director. More time I stay here, less time I get to spend with my son.

Anyway I was hoping to here from a friend of my but she has been unable to call due to work. Must let her know I won't be reached except by email till tuesday. Well I'll close for know, Hope everyone here has a great weekend.

Doc Niel OUT

Well, This past weekend was spent having a yard sale down at the house Friday and Saturday, during which I was able to get rid of a lot of things that wasn't needed. Everything except a waterbed frame and a rather large Window A/C unit. Though I did spend a lot of the weekend with my son, it wasn't as much as I would have liked it to have been but it was enough to keep me sane.......

The one thing that I didn't particularly care for was the other halfs snide, rude, and at times uncalled for comments towards me, my work performance on the house,etc,etc........ Well as far as that goes, she can say what she wants to say, and I must do what I must do :angry:

and now for something completely different, a little ditty:

I once was able to see the difference between

right and wrong

Lust and Love

But I don't know what or when things went wrong

I wanted to say so much when I left

But I held my tongue and kept my breath

I didn't know that you cared as much as I

when I finally found you

I thought "this is nice", we'd be able to start off right

but you had to leave, if even for a while.

I just hope, I just hope that this is worth while

as much for you as for me. :angry:

Well, Todayhas been interesting so far. Well no it hasn't been interesting, I really lead a mundane life. OH well, Guess I can't be a rock star but I am someones hero. :P :clap:

Altough we did have a fire alarm today, which was interesting enough.

I do have a concern though: (anyone please reply with what you would do)

There is this young 3'rd class that was having difficulty with command/ work, etc....

Well his command was going to give him a DRB to try and correct his defiency, his Gradfather died, and they(command) postponed his DRB so he could go home for the funeral, he did, came back to work, and while waiting for his DRB, he had gone to a buddy's house. Did somethings that are not illegal but made me question his mental health. Well he had some problems and decided to leave his friends house and drove back to his barracks. While doing so had done some things that when he got to the gate, security was forced to forced call an ambulance and take him to the hospital.

Anyway, to make a long story shorter, He is being Admin Sep, OTH all he is waiting on is his discharge papers so he could leave. PROBLEM is I don't think he has beeen to work for about 2 weeks, this is a quantry that myself and another 2'nd class have been given. We have tried to advise him of what he should do, but it seems like he does the exact opposite of the advise given.

Question is should we report him, fing out what his command has said to him, or just leave it alone.......

Well, Todayhas been interesting so far. Well no it hasn't been interesting, I really lead a mundane life. OH well, Guess I can't be a rock star but I am someones hero.  :P  :clap:

Altough we did have a fire alarm today, which was interesting enough.

I do have a concern though: (anyone  please reply with what you would do)

There is this young 3'rd class that was having difficulty with command/ work, etc....

Well his command was going to give him a DRB to try and correct his defiency, his Gradfather died, and they(command) postponed his DRB so he could go home for the funeral, he did, came back to work, and while waiting for his DRB, he had gone to a buddy's house. Did somethings that are not illegal but made me question his mental health. Well he had some problems and decided to leave his friends house and drove back to his barracks. While doing so had done some things that when he got to the gate, security was forced to forced call an ambulance and take him to the hospital.

Anyway, to make a long story shorter, He is being Admin Sep, OTH all he is waiting on is his discharge papers so he could leave. PROBLEM is I don't think he has beeen to work for about 2 weeks, this is a quantry that myself and another 2'nd class have been given. We have tried to advise him of what he should do, but it seems like he does the exact opposite of the advise given.

Question is should we report him, fing out what his command has said to him, or just leave it alone.......

That is dufficult to determine. You know I have been in the Navy less time than you. It might be his command that's giving him problems that he can't deal with. Remember the Truman.

That is dufficult to determine. You know I have been in the Navy less time than you. It might be his command that's giving him problems that he can't deal with. Remember the Truman

This is true, but we really can't figure out who he is now attached to. Since his incident, his command had transferred him to the BEQ for work, and from the sounds of it, they really don't care what is going on with him. As far as he can tell he's still getting paid.....

And he wants to go on a road trip( the long kind that really isn't useful to someone is his predicament (if you know what I mean)

That is dufficult to determine. You know I have been in the Navy less time than you. It might be his command that's giving him problems that he can't deal with. Remember the Truman

This is true, but we really can't figure out who he is now attached to. Since his incident, his command had transferred him to the BEQ for work, and from the sounds of it, they really don't care what is going on with him. As far as he can tell he's still getting paid.....

And he wants to go on a road trip( the long kind that really isn't useful to someone is his predicament (if you know what I mean)

It sounds like he is attached to the base activities.

Yes, yes he is, actually he's attached to a tennent command over on Andrews

( yes the navy so does like to seperate her people) its diffulcult in the least to get over there, but I not even sure the BEQ there would remember him since he hasn't shown up to muster in at least 2-3 weeks, by his own admission of course. He feels he's already out, but I know he's not he doesn't have the papers that say so. I'm about ready to wash my hands of him and let Security know whats going on.

Yes, yes he is, actually he's attached to a tennent command over on Andrews

( yes the navy so does like to seperate her people) its diffulcult in the least to get over there, but I not even sure the BEQ there would remember him since he hasn't shown up to muster in at least 2-3 weeks, by his own admission of course. He feels he's already out, but I know he's not he doesn't have the papers that say so. I'm about ready to wash my hands of him and let Security know whats going on.

I hate to see junior sailors go down like that.

I do to, but its not like we haven't been trying to help him out. We give him the advise he asks for and then does the opposite of what that advise is. :P its like hitting a brick wall. You shouldn't ask people if your going to do what you want to do. Hes lost his clearance and he seems to think he'll get it back with no problem. Hope he turns around and actually pulls himself together before his 30 days are up, and he becomes a deserter. :clap:

God, can't you tell I'm angry. I like the Kid, don't get me wrong, but Odie theres a reason both you and I are the ranks that we are and its not just passing the exam.

I really hope it will turn him around, but it might be to late for him. I hate when I see good junior sailors go down that path.

Yeah I do to, Myself and the other people I hang around with only met this kid in Jan. He had other "Friends" that were not a good influence but not a bafd one either. They were also in his age group, and they did things most young sailors do, Drink, party, etc. He was already heading down that path, when we met him and try as we could, couldn't turn him around. So we are forced to do something any of us want to do and that is report him to security. If we give him one last chance, and tell him what will happen if he doesn't go back to work, that may spook him into running and running hard

Yes, but for him it wasn't availible when he got here at least at his command it wasn't. Also, he worked bizare and I mean BIZARE schedule. I can't even desribe the schedule. but then again most commands around here have bizare work hours. Almost like being on a ship....

Well, this weekend was the same as always. Ever wonder what its like to sleep in your own home, as a guest. If you ever want to know, just ask........

Otherwise, things are going really well today, I might be playing host to a friend of mine if they can adaquaite the money to come down to D.C. Hope things do happen the way we would like them to, if it doesn't well then there is always next time. Though I did say if they couldn't come I'd go to them, or pick them up, but that is another story. :P

Anyway, things are good for me right now. As I type this post I have got the biggest smile on my face, and I'm doing my little dityboping the head back and forth. :P I'm just happy, that Iv'e been able to talk with my friends and just be happy about it.

For those of you who don't know I'm back on the non-smoking wagon again. Hope it works out this time because I tried to have a smoke last night ( family is my biggest stresser) So, once things get settled, I'll actually be able to stop.

Work is strating to pick up again ( sure wish there would be less accidents, but When your young........) So Hospitals are sending us more paperwork, and by the end of July, we'll be back up to speed on case work, Just wish the Line officers could keep up with us.

Well, thats about it for now.

I know i haven't gotten to write much this past week, hey thats the way it goes sometimes.

Doc Niel Out

Well, yesterday started out to be a good day for me until.......

OPM(office of personnel management) decided to close the Fed Goverment so people could get to where they were going before they started to close roads around D.C.. :unsure:

So I left work thinking this is good, until..........

The Branch clinics LPO ( who I'm friends with but don't work for, called me) thinking he wanted to BS I went over to talk with him, and .........

I got pulled for Medical coverage for Reagans Funeral procession. Now don't that beat all. :laugh: Dumbfounded, I got my bag and went. What fun that was, I just love D.C. in June when I'm wearing CNT's.

But, I would do it again if asked. I was amazed by the amount of love and affection that was given to the Reagan Family, and even though I don't remember much except for some of the speeches, I Did recall the many things that happened during his 2 terms both good and bad, and must agree he brought the country as a whole back together. "He, has gone but his legacy lives on"

To all my Fellow members of the armed forces everywhere. Hope your days are filled with good fortune and cheer.

Doc Niel out

Doc you have something to tell your grandkids.

And On A Personal Note

GOD BLESS AND KEEP OUR TROOPS.

Tokar,

I thank you for your reply, and I thank you for your dedication behind all of us in the military. Its not always fun, its not always exciting but its what we do love doing. I have a question for you though, Have you ever been in the Military? You look like someone I worked with.

Doc Niel out

You are very Welcome

If there was a thing as a card carring patroit I would be one. As for serving in the military sadly no tore up my knee in hockey they would not take me.

Also prpbley somewhat older then you.

Could not join but read my log I think this is the closest thing not now but after.

Well, I was thinking that things would be better today, but as usual I have duty this weekend, :laugh:

And the weather is crappy this day which doesn't help. I am missing my friend right now even though I am talking to them. But things may just work out for us both someday. :blink:

So, if things go the way I hope they. Well duty calls so I'll close for know.

Well, things couldn't get any better. I went to a celtic Festival on Sunday, Got the oppertunity to get more information about Clan Southerland. and will Post My tartan here sometime soon, as I figure out how to do that. (god I'm such a user).

Anyway, I've been feeling very good latley, if everything goes well, my life will get better by the end of the month. At least I'll not have any more bills except food, gas and phone. I like being Debt free. and if everything goes even better, there will be even better things instore for me this time next year. Anyway, I'll see you all soon

Doc niel out

Hey y'all, just figured I'd stop by and say hi. Also Was going to try and post my Clans Colors today. Not sure if it'll work, but here it goes:

We,, so much for that right now> thoug I tried to sahre a bit of my heritaige, I am still just a user. If any one knows how I can/ should copy and paste a picture/ image to a Post let me know. Till next time Doc Niel out

If any one knows how I can/ should copy and paste a picture/ image to a Post let me know. Till next time Doc Niel out

If you're sharing it from a web site right click on the picture, choose properties and copy the URL then on your post paste it between IMG tags. It would look like this but with no spaces.

[ img ] URL [ /img ]

If you need a place to store your pictures I recommend www.photobucket.com. It's a free picture hosting service.

You can also upload them directly to the post if it's an image stored on your computer using the upload feature at the bottom of the reply page, but there's a size restriction of 100kb.

Hope that helps. If you need any more help with images feel free to PM me and I'll help you out. :roflmao: