Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt. Phaserman

Going Away Party Thread.

So, this is goodbye. where to start? this place has been a blast. I've had good times here, and not so good times. I have some thanks to give here, and some messages for people. first though, I want to explain why it is I am leaving.

as you all know, about 2 months or so ago, I put in a request for a transfer to a unit at the "front". Well, my request was approved. I'll be joining a Force Recon unit in Afghanistan. I get to go BACK again. due to the nature of the mission there, I can't give any more specifics. I don't even know when I'll be home. at the moment, I am on leave in my home state of Illinois. since my father is out of town on busines, I am staying with a family friend...oh hell, Family friend? they are family. Thanks, Jim and Julie for letting me crash at your place. thanks to VBG for this awesome board. and to the mods for keeping it Civil. I'll miss this place. all miss most of you. some of you, to be honest, I won't miss. Nemesis, you know who you are. I don't know what else to say. I guess that's it then. I'll be popping in a couple more times before the end of the week, I am sure. ]

Sergeant Darryl M., USMC

Much good luck mate. I hope all goes well.

You will be in all our thoughts!

I just told a friend of mine that one way to look at it is that I get a second chance to find the son of a biscuit who ordered one of his minions to fly a plane into the building I was working at 2 1/2 years ago.

:unsure: :dude::dude:

We'll miss you!!!!!

We need you!!!

Will you ever come back???!?!?!

Come back when you return from Afghanistan!!!

Thanks for serving our country!!!

:dude::dude::hug:

Hey, Sarge. We'll miss ya while you're gone. Best of luck in Afghanistan and come back soon.

Sergeant, final orders from me.

Number 1: Find Osama Bin Laden, and take that boot I gave you and shove it right up his *buttocks*!

Number 2: when you return, and I saw WHEN because you are under orders to do so, make sure you spend lots of time with your wife and your child, who will be born while you are over there.

Number 3: Don't get another purple heart.

That's all.

You'll be in my prayers Sarge!