Sign in to follow this  
Carrion

The New Frontier? Could It Lead A Tv Series?

New Frontier success or faliure?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. New Frontier success or faliure?

• Success
    • Faliure
    • Dunno

Could the New Frontier books had lead the way with a more succesful Star trek series (Ent and DS9 are my fav series) for UPN?

Yes I would have to agree the books are great I just finnished stone and anvil but I don't think it would work unless you got the actors who played shelby and selar to be on but if they did I think it would have been really awsome.

OMG, I LOVE THE NEW FRONTIER! IF THEY MADE IT INTO A TELEVISION SHOW, THAT WOULD SO WONDERFUL! SUCCESS, SUCCESS, SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:naughty: :P :) :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :naughty::clap::clap::clap:

It would be a great success. But it would have to depend on B&B not being there.

I'm not sure how to vote, fans these days have become so finicky about Trek and from what I've heard that series has a crew-person with a controversial sexual orientation. That could lead to more trouble for it than ENT has. I wish I could say it would be a success but I guess I gotta go with I Dunno.

EDIT: Shocked to see poll results! :P

Edited by Alterego

Do you really think ST fans would balk at a controversial sexual orientation after everything we've been through with the Trills (Beverly fell in love with one whose symbiont was then placed in a female, the big Terry Farrell kissing a woman scene on DS9, Riker falling for that androgenous individual who started feeling more female than male, apparently a big no-no). I don't know, I think that if the crew person in question is an alien, Star Trek fans find that fairly easy to swallow. Now if it was a human dallying in same-sex relationships, then I'm not sure ...

I haven't read these books, but I think that I will check them out. Looking for something to read right now anyway.

Personally, I think that the New Frontier would be a great series. If the writers let Peter David lead them, then there could be the possibility that this would be the Best Trek Ever. Calhoun and the crew are an exciting set of characters and everyone should be exposed to them. But I would have to assume that Paramount wouldn't want to shell out the money to create the series. As far as the characters are concerned, I wouldn't mind it if Lt. Lefler wasn't played by Ashley Judd (she's looking pretty old these days) Lefler is a young Lt. Suzie Plakson would probably enjoy portraying Dr. Selar. And even though it would be nice to have her, Elizabeth Dennehy doesn't have to play the part of Commander Shelby (She should consider it since her career isn't doing very well).

I think that it would be a success if the New Frontier books were created into a series. :wacko: :waaaa: :wacko: :look: :lol: :) :)

Do you really think ST fans would balk at a controversial sexual orientation after everything we've been through with the Trills (Beverly fell in love with one whose symbiont was then placed in a female, the big Terry Farrell kissing a woman scene on DS9, Riker falling for that androgenous individual who started feeling more female than male, apparently a big no-no).  I don't know, I think that if the crew person in question is an alien, Star Trek fans find that fairly easy to swallow.  Now if it was a human dallying in same-sex relationships, then I'm not sure ...

I haven't read these books, but I think that I will check them out.  Looking for something to read right now anyway.

251154[/snapback]

I do yes. Look at how they balk at Trip and T'Pol and they are a heterosexual relationship designed to lay ground work for intra-species relations which ultimately lead to Spock!!!

You forgot Mirror Kira. Her and your examples were one time episodes or mini-arcs with much time in between for other things to distract viewers or they might have rebelled sooner. Putting 7 in everyone's faces every week was the beginning of the end... I suppose as long as the character's orientation don't become a weekly thing then maybe...

Personally, I think that the New Frontier would be a great series.  If the writers let Peter David lead them, then there could be the possibility that this would be the Best Trek Ever.  Calhoun and the crew are an exciting set of characters and everyone should be exposed to them.  But I would have to assume that Paramount wouldn't want to shell out the money to create the series.  As far as the characters are concerned, I wouldn't mind it if Lt. Lefler wasn't played by Ashley Judd (she's looking pretty old these days) Lefler is a young Lt.  Suzie Plakson would probably enjoy portraying Dr. Selar.  And even though it would be nice to have her, Elizabeth Dennehy doesn't have to play the part of Commander Shelby (She should consider it since her career isn't doing very well).

258621[/snapback]

Yeah Paramount probably would need some assurance it would work, one of the things they should do is ASK US what we want.

Edited by Alterego

No. UPN should NEVER get hold of a Star Trek series. You know how much trouble it is to watch an entire season of Enterprise wihtout it being canceled, moved, or belated? Star Trek need to be shown where it will be appreciated. Sci-Fi. Or at least WB.