Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

The Panic Room

Why are so many people having panic attacks? I seems like a lot of people in here talk about having them. What's going on, is this something new? Or have people always had them but never shared it with everybody like they do now? I've had a few but it was a long time ago and I don't anymore. I figured that if something bad was going to happen to me in public that there would be SOMEONE that would help me. As soon as I came to that conclusion, they stopped. Thank You God :(

People have started to take for granted the gifts that God has given us. If something happens they think that it is hopeles...

This trend increases because of the lack of trust in God.

I would not panic if I were to die because I wouldknow that I as a Christian would go to heaven..

I myself a few weeks ago almost had to go to the ER because of a histamine reaction that almost put me into amaphalaxia....

That's all I 'm saying, it's about TRUST. :(

Edited by Jeanway

Panic attacks have nothing to do with a lack of trust in God. Doh3.gif My husband suffers from panic attacks. It's cause by a chemical imbalance and medication helps.

Panic attacks have nothing to do with a lack of trust in God. Doh3.gif My husband suffers from panic attacks. It's cause by a chemical imbalance and medication helps.

Thank you RC (or is that VBGC). That's part of the stigma regarding chemical imbalances I mentioned on another thread - assuming people can control what their body does just by willing it so.

I haven't personally had a panic attack (racing heart - shortness of breath) but have known people who have and they have nothing to do with an actual impending event like an accident.

Thank you RC (or is that VBGC). That's part of the stigma regarding chemical imbalances I mentioned on another thread - assuming people can control what their body does just by willing it so.

I haven't personally had a panic attack (racing heart - shortness of breath) but have known people who have and they have nothing to do with an actual impending event like an accident.

I know what you mean, I have clinical depression, and I occasionally get panic attacks, but I haven't had one in months. My shrink had to prescribe me a low-doseage tranquilizer for when thy happen :(

Even though GOD was mentioned in the first two posts. I don't think anyone said they were caused by lack of trust in GOD. I thanked GOD for helping me. WEAREBORG just said that hoplessness increases when there is no trust in GOD. Which eventually can lead to this problem. Just because your husband has them and is helped by medication doesn't mean that you know what causes Panic Attacks. All your saying is he is helped by medication. Our thinking can cause changes in the brain. Which lead to more changes over time. Negative experiences can cause changes in thinking, and thus changes in the brain. I don't mean structurally, but chemically. Too many negative experiences and resulting changes cause a chemical imbalance, which then can be affected by use of physcotrophic drugs, which may alleviate or correct the problem. But I just said that once I started to TRUST, that SOMEONE, meaning a person, would help me if something happened to me in a public place, that's when I got better and the panic attacks stopped. I just thanked GOD for my ability to change my thinking. GOD gave us free will and what we do with it is up to us.

Anaphalaxia has nothing to do with this. That's a severe allergic reaction to something.

Edited by Jeanway

I have panic attacks... they suck! There's a few situations that set them off:

1) heights

2) air travel

3) my father in law :laugh:

But the ones I hate the most are almost predictable now. I seem to have to talk myself down from a panic attack within minutes of laying down to go to sleep.

Now I understand my mother a whole lot better. She had bad panic attacks after I was born and I recall a space of many years she couldn't drive further than about 10 minutes from the house because driving set them off.

I'm just glad I'm not on the meds they gave her for her attacks way back... they were addicting and ruined a good part of her life.

last week my boss wanted to buy a new OPEL as companycar for me:

I was in a lot of panic when he said that

:flowers: :unsure: :laugh: