Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

[S]"Judgement"

This episode of Enterprise aired for the first time last night, in the UK. To tie in with my thread on over-reliance on 'trek' I saw that Rura Penthe and the Klingon court were re-used. Rura Penthe looked a lot cleaner in the Enterprise era, and a lot easier to escape from. It took Kirk and Spock ages to get off that planet yet Archer just walks out! Interesting, though, was the revelation about the order of Klingon society. I always thought that there would have been no way a race hell bent on fighting alone would manage to build and learn and so forth. Overall, I found the story interesting but ending too abruptly and badly!

Click for Spoiler:

I agree, the story was a good idea, but they couldn't quite get it the way they wanted it.. It was a little bit easy to get out of there, still interesting that they bribed a klingon.. Wonder what this will do for the future?

Yup, in the initial dicussion I noted how I really liked the episode but thought the ending was really tacked on.

Most episodes only have about 42-43 minutes of actual air time. I've noticed in a couple of episodes there was too much talk time and all the action was crammed into the last 3-5 minutes. The ending in Judgment did seem a little abrupt (or too easy) but overall I really like the episode

I think one reason "The Breach" was so interesting is it had some action throughout the whole episode. Loved that "just testing the ropes"

Ive just realised I may have spoiled this for some people. I'm very sorry if I have.  :look:

Click for Spoiler:

Don’t sweat it. :laugh: In the future, use this spoiler feature. I just discovered you can't use the spoiler feature with quotes inside :laugh:

It took Kirk and Spock ages to get off that planet yet Archer just walks out!

Click for Spoiler:

Here is how I justify the changes between Judgment and ST6:TUC; See, the Galaxy in our neck of the woods was very backwards and primitive until Humans ventured out, we caused all of our neighbors to come to think “we’ll, there goes the neighborhood”, the way many species would handle their affairs began to change with our coming forth into the Galaxy including the Klingons, make sense?

Interesting, though, was the revelation about the order of Klingon society. I always thought that there would have been no way a race hell bent on fighting alone would manage to build and learn and so forth.

Click for Spoiler:

I agree, on this point ENT really began to shine in the area of actually being a prequel, teaching us things about the Klingons we have never been told about before, it was great!

Overall, I found the story interesting but ending too abruptly and badly!

Click for Spoiler:

This one was a story worthy of being a two part-er for sure, having more time would have made the ending less abrupt but I still enjoyed it. Thanks for posting your ideas!

Click for Spoiler:

I definitely think that this one should have been a two parter. It would have given them alot more time to finish it right.