Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

A Trip Down Stf Memory Lane

On April 17, 2003, I made the following post regarding a milestone that was reached here at STF.

As you may have noticed startrekfans.net has reached an amazing milestone – 10,000 posts! In a little under a month since I joined these boards we have had over 8,000 posts and 70 new members! Wow!

Many of us are refugees from the hate and spam of other boards. Startrekfans.net has become a haven to us – a place we can come to share our mutual love for the Trek world, to express opinions and debate without fear of personal attacks and the absence of the vicious and/or ignorant spammers that have created havoc at other sites.

I wanted to take this time to say thanks to VaBeachGuy and Alterego. VBG, the love and hard work that you have put into startrekfans.net are so obvious by the success of the site. We salute you as a fan that has made a difference to Trekdom by giving us a safe refuge to enjoy our mutual passions. Alterego, your love and dedication to startrekfans.net are also obvious. The time and energy spent here is so appreciated. I also want to thank Luvin1stdegree, Xeroc, poguemahone, Master_Q and Celtic_Swimmer who have helped make this site the success that it is. I am very proud to be a fellow moderator at this site.

Of course, a site like startrekfans.net is only as good as its members. Thank you to all of you who have shared your thoughts, opinions and love on all things Star Trek. Without your contributions we would not be celebrating this momentous occasion.

So let’s all raise our glasses in celebration and toast to the next 10,000 posts.

Here is the link to the post as well: 10,000 Posts

I was looking at the stats for the site and saw that, at the time of this post, 190,001 posts (not including the ones that got lost but that's in another thread) had been made on the boards. What a difference a year makes!!! As I re-read what I had said just over a year ago, I find that the sentiment I expressed is still the same although some of the names have changed.

wow, I wasn't even here! Look at my member info, I was like member number 700+ , and VBG and Alterego were both already closing on 10,000 individual posts when I got here.

Now, in 10,000 posts we will have 200,000 posts!!!

Good observation, Harry Kim!

Thanks for sharing, Takara. It's nice having a reminder of what the site is all about as we continue to move forward.

WOW THAT SEEMS SO LONG AGO NOW. memory lane indeed. i almost forgot a few of those names. i wonder whatever happened to poguemahone, celticswimmer, and xeroc, and luvin1stdegree? well heres to another 200,000.

Yeah, I remember that. It is always great to look back at the times that we have had here and a year has definitely made a big difference.

I have just realized that post was made four days after I joined the site.