Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Do You And Your Coworkers Go Out Regularly?

Do you and your coworkers go out regularly? Like on Friday night? we do in my office, though we have a few rules.

>O-1s and up, with the exception of the Master Cheif, he can come if he wants.

>if the Captain shows up, first person to spot the Captain buys the Birdie a drink.

>With the exception of the Master Cheif, Enlisted aren't allowed <Fraternisation policies get in the way of some good times>

I don't work so no....

BTW: I'm 13 so not for a while.

See I am geeky so I don't go out much anyway...

Ensign, What's a "Birdie?" The captain?

We go out occassionally. Sometimes, I'll throw barbeques for the students in

my group, and sometimes I'll just go out with the other "doc's" so we can

complain about the students. Good for morale.

I had a space of about three years in my life where all I did was hang out with my coworkers. I work from home now, so it'd be a huge party... me hanging out with me, ya know? :assimilated:

But when I was working 90 hours a week, they were the only people I saw, so we'd go out after work. I lived with coworkers, dated coworkers, hung out with coworkers... it just went on and on. I'm still close friends with a couple of them.

I'm self-employed and I work alone. So in answering your question, yes I always take me with myself out regularly when I go :blink:

I live in the same house with all of my co-workers. We all run a pizza place a few blocks down the road..i've know them for YEARS..the're more than co-workers...they're my family

Yes me and my co-workers go out alot together yesterday we went to a big party together with atleast 7 ppl from my work.

I also go to the movies with friends from work.

I dont go out with them no but thats also bcuz theyre all guys help! :blink:

No theyre really nice and I dont have to do all the heavy work but we have HUGE differences and totally other priorities and I dont really go out on parties at all,thats just not me.

The entire department socializes on three big occasions: Christmas, Banquet for graduates, and end of the year dinner at our chair's house. Others because of friendships associate outside of work but not regularly. Some of us do go the same church, and so worhip together.

Several of us try to get together to go out at least once a week but with the way our schedules run it is not always the same ones that go. It does keep things more civil at work when we have a chance to get to know each other outside of the place as many of us are completely different at work than we are in our personal lives.