Sign in to follow this  
fenriz275

When You Gotta Go

I know this seems like a silly question, but where exactly is the toilet on a starship? I mean it's a very basic function we all have to deal with but I haven't even seen a toilet on any starship ever. I know where the warp reactor is now tell me something I really need to know. Do they issue all Starfleet personnel rubber pants or what?

Yea, at least you'd figure you'd see a door once in a while with a little man or woman on it. :lol: I often wondered about that myself. :wow: I mean we see that on other shows all the time :wow:

Umm, this just came to me but, maybe it pops out of a panel in the sonic shower? Yeah i know, doesn't really solve the pre-tmp ships, but better then nothing right? :lol:

You know, I remember seeing something with Jonathan Frakes where he said there was only one bathroom on the Enterprise (not sure which one). :lol:

I'll have to find the tape and see if I remembered right!

You know, I remember seeing something with Jonathan Frakes where he said there was only one bathroom on the Enterprise (not sure which one).  :lol:

I'll have to find the tape and see if I remembered right!

You are correct, Jon said that in "A Journey's End", a documentation about TNG. He points to a certain area on that pic of the Enterprise in engineering and says that this is where the only bathroom is :wow::wow::wow:

Hm, I also often wondered where the toilets are, though. :lol:

Edited by Mrs.Picard

Toilets are irrelevant in the future.  :wow:

You know, this might be true. :wow: I have a feeling it could, and I'm not kidding. I mean I never saw a bathroom on a Borg cube either. And they seemed to have figured it out, Oh, wait, they didn't eat, did they? So how did they get nourishment? I mean the Borg? Come to think of it, there wasn't a Mess Hall, on there either. What about on away missions when the crew were in those big protective suits ? Or when Malcolm, was stuck out on the hull trying to remove that, what mine or something, then Archer said," just go" :lol: : Malcolm said something funny, then Archer drugged him.

Edited by Jeanway

Jeanway, Actually that was Malcolm Reed who was stuck to the hull of the NX-01 when he was disarming a mine.

I seem to recall in Disaster they said something about people being not being able to get out of a bathroom.

It could be that in the future food is so well balanced and contain exactly what the body needs, so everything you eat is put to use. That could be why they never need toilets..

With all the crazy stuff they can do, that doesn't sound so impossible <_<

Emm, i'd like to think so but, that would require a doctor to put you through who knows what types of scans, and even then do we really think they can make food that well? They're only using protein resequencers on Enterprise and TOS, after all.

In Voyager, I think in "Bride of Chaotica!" Neelix said there were only "four working lavatories" (due to a power shortage, etc... so there must be at least 10, on Voyager With about 130 people there...

It is rumored that there was a bathroom behind the main viewscreen on the NCC-1701 and NCC-1701A bridges. It is also rumored that is where the 2nd season Chekhov met the 1st season Kahn. He was so embarrassed to leave the bathroom with eveyrone looking at him that he stayed in the bathroom the whole first season. :laugh:

As for the NCC-1701D, they do have a bathroom. At least they do at the replica at Star Trek: The Experience where I had my avitar pic taken. It is directly across from the enterance to the observation lounge a few feet away from Worf's tactical station. Good thing, too, as you know how much he loved that prune juice! <_<

Emm, i'd like to think so but, that would require a doctor to put you through who knows what types of scans, and even then do we really think they can make food that well? They're only using protein resequencers on Enterprise and TOS, after all.

They call them food-slots in TOS, but protein resequencers in ENT...

food_dispenser.jpglastresort.jpg42.gif

Edited by drwho42

No I remember that Neelix said that multiple bathrooms on voyager were out and the bolians had a problem with that........

I always thought it was near the sonic showers. It makes sense. I mean it can't be outside the quarters can it.

It is rumored that there was a bathroom behind the main viewscreen on the NCC-1701 and NCC-1701A bridges.  It is also rumored that is where the 2nd season Chekhov met the 1st season Kahn.  He was so embarrassed to leave the bathroom with eveyrone looking at him that he stayed in the bathroom the whole first season. :P

As for the NCC-1701D, they do have a bathroom.  At least they do at the replica at Star Trek:  The Experience where I had my avitar pic taken.  It is directly across from the enterance to the observation lounge a few feet away from Worf's tactical station.  Good thing, too, as you know how much he loved that prune juice! :P

Correct, that is where the Bridge's bathroom is. In Descent ( I can't remember which one) you get to see a security officer come out of it :laugh:

There are more bathrooms on the starship they just don't show them becuase there is really no need. Why do you all want to see the characters go to the bathroom anyway?!