Sign in to follow this  
Valeris

Romulan Honor

The Romulans are Kiniving sons of a ..., they have no honour look at how they attack people by backstabbing them with a disruptor and a cloak to hide in the shadows. the only reason why they joined the dominion war was to boost their popularity within both quadrants. hell did u see that DS9 episode when you see all those Klingon ships come down like a knife on the dominion just when the UFP was about to be crushed in the battle?

The Romulans are Kiniving sons of a ..., they have no honour look at how they attack people by backstabbing them with a disruptor and a cloak to hide in the shadows. the only reason why they joined the dominion war was to boost their popularity within both quadrants. hell did u see that DS9 episode when you see all those Klingon ships come down like a knife on the dominion just when the UFP was about to be crushed in the battle?

I trust you have specific examples of Romulan 'backstabbing'.

Also, the Federation, the Klingons, Cardassians, and just about everyone else uses energy weapons, and I don't see the problem.

If you think a cloaking device is dishonorable, then I assume you also consider the Klingons dishonorable, as well as the Federation for using one on the Defiant.

As to the reason the Romulans became involved in the Dominion war, its quite simple; they were tricked into it by the Federation. (That sounds almost 'dishonorable' on the part of the Federation doesn't it :tear: )

Actually, Welfconfed, there are about five of us. You, me, QSMB, Tal Shiar, Beam Me UP, and I cannot think of anyone else right now. Oh yeah, my Dad really likes Romulans too. :rolleyes:

If you must insult my race, Carrion, do have the decency to use the spell check button first. It is "conniving."

I really have nothing against species 8472, but then, I have not gotten the opportunity to see much of them. If I were to insult anyone, it would be Klingons and/or Ferengi. If anyone is conniving, it is the Ferengi! <_< At least Romulans do not cheat people right and left. :nono:

Actually, Welfconfed, there are about five of us. You, me, QSMB, Tal Shiar, Beam Me UP, and I cannot think of anyone else right now. Oh yeah, my Dad really likes Romulans too.  :eek: 

If you must insult my race, Carrion, do have the decency to use the spell check button first. It is "conniving."

Valeris: Six (counting your dad) against six billion. (They almost make it too easy. :nono: The poor fools don't have a chance. <_< )

Carrion: Why would anyone 'rag' you about Species 8472? They were attacked by the Borg and defended themselves well, until members of Star Fleet helped the Borg improve their 'weapons of assimilation'.

Funny how the Federation will aid Ferengi, Klingons, Cardassians, even the Borg, but hold Romulans and Species 8472 in absolute contempt.

I had forgotten about Dad when I said five. A ration of one billion to one. Yes, mch too easy. Of course, it will become all the more easier once some unbelievers ::coughmyclassmatescough:: find out what the Romulan Star Empire really is like.

I agree that it is strange that the Federation is willing to compromise and deal with a lot of trulyh awful species, and will not deal fairly with a reasonable species like the Romulans. Humans, in my experience, have never been very open-minded, and since humans are the heart of the UFP... Oh well. The RSE does not really need them anyway.

Guest Guest

-Rihannsu honor their word, when it is given to another Rihannsu -- to break with one's word means dishonor, a fate worse than death. Politeness, respect, and quiet dignity are always required if Mnhei'sahe is to be satisfied.

Rihannsu honor power as much as they honor loyalty. The goal of each Rihannsu is power -- if not for them self or their House, then always for the Empire. Though Rihannsu are always loyal to the Empire itself ((not any one person)), they can go against the 'official' government if they feel it benefits their people. For the Rihannsu, power can not be defined in the Terran terms of monetary wealth, it is the power of Mnhei'sahe, and it defines the structure within Rihannsu society. -

That is a short explination of the Honor, that Dianue Duane uses in her "Rihannsu" Series

-Rihannsu honor their word, when it is given to another Rihannsu -- to break with one's word means dishonor, a fate worse than death. Politeness, respect, and quiet dignity are always required if Mnhei'sahe is to be satisfied.

Rihannsu honor power as much as they honor loyalty. The goal of each Rihannsu is power -- if not for them self or their House, then always for the Empire. Though Rihannsu are always loyal to the Empire itself ((not any one person)), they can go against the 'official' government if they feel it benefits their people. For the Rihannsu, power can not be defined in the Terran terms of monetary wealth, it is the power of Mnhei'sahe, and it defines the structure within Rihannsu society. -

That is a short explination of the Honor, that Dianue Duane uses in her "Rihannsu" Series

BTW That was me :(

Another thing...about Romulans.

According to LUG. "The Way of D'era" is that they believed they are endowed by gods called Vorthie, to rule the galaxy. They feel that their cousins (the Vulcans) abandoned that mission by ending their Passion of life.

Fascinating, and seemingloy accurate. I have the Rihannsu books on my shelf, waiting to be read, but one can see in the people as a whole a desire for their Empire to trimph. It is amazing how disunited the Romulans can seem on their own planet, but when it comes to facing others, they immediately are a whole, united against enemies who might seek to harm their Empire.

Fascinating, and seemingloy accurate. I have the Rihannsu books on my shelf, waiting to be read, but one can see in the people as a whole a desire for their Empire to trimph. It is amazing how disunited the Romulans can seem on their own planet, but when it comes to facing others, they immediately are a whole, united against enemies who might seek to harm their Empire.

Yep, very true.

Indeed. That is probably partially what makes the Empire so great. There are many voices until a conflict. Then the Empire is united.

Those who use disunity as a means to insult the RSE really do know nothing. There are allowed to be different opinions and conflicts, so long as those do not stop them from triumphing when it comes to others outside then Empire. You cannot really find a race that is otherwise.

Those who use disunity as a means to insult the RSE really do know nothing. There are allowed to be different opinions and conflicts, so long as those do not stop them from triumphing when it comes to others outside then Empire. You cannot really find a race that is otherwise.

On this point, dear Valeris, I must beg to differ. The Romulans are in fact unique in this regard, as most races seem to be too individualistic, and have too little concern for their communities.

Examples:

The Klingons care nothing for their people or empire if a personal point of honor comes up. (during a critical moment during the klingon civil war, Gowron stopped to fight a 'challenge' from one of his men)

The Federation will put an individuals abstract notions of 'morality' above the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. ( Picard could have used Hue to destroy the Borg, Sisko could have collapsed the worm hole and removed the threat of the Dominion.)

The Cardassians are more concerned with obtaining power than with the well being of their citizens. (Dukat was willing to trade the freedom of his people for the power that Dominion membership promised)

The Ferengi are a culture based on the avarice of the individual.

You give these 'people' too much credit, though I understand how easy it is to forget that most of the galaxy is still uncivilized. <_<

I believe you misunderstand me. What I meant was that it is hard to find a race that is not disunified in places. Of course, there are races like the Borg, but that does not really count, as they are forced to be like that. Your examples are perfect for my point. I apologize if I was unclear.

I believe you misunderstand me. What I meant was that it is hard to find a race that is not disunified in places. Of course, there are races like the Borg, but that does not really count, as they are forced to be like that. Your examples are perfect for my point. I apologize if I was unclear.

No need to apologize Valeris, it was my fault.

Too many days, too little sleep. :)

I should have known we would be in agreement, great minds think alike. :laugh:

I imagine both of us might have been confused. I do most of my posts either in the morning before school (which ends tomorrow, yes!) starts, when I am not yet awake or in the middle of the night, when I am also not really awake or in the commercials of DS9 when I am focused on the episode.

And of course, great minds do think alike. :laugh:

And of course, great minds do think alike.  :angry:

Yes, but in our case, great minds in 'sleepy heads'. :angry:

I'm glad my examples helped to support your argument, but please feel free to continue the point you were making before I interrupted.

I am actually most awake at night. Strange... maybe my planet goes through its night when Earth goes through its day.

What I meant was that it is difficult to find a race that does not have its conlicts. Like the examples that you provided, there are no races that are not somehow mind-controlled that actually all think alike and never have any power struggles. Klingons have more power conflicts than Romulans! Yet, people look at the Romulans and say that they are the ones whose overnment is corrupt and whose wealthy have it all while the poor have nothing, and everyone lives in fear of the Tal Shiar. What I was saying is that things are not like that everywhere on Romulus. And of course, on Kronos, several these very things are dominant. Also, naturally, Romulans do have their power struggles and their unfair systems. However, I do not remember the last time they had a civil war (besides that thing with the Remans) and everyone knows the last time the Klingons had a civil war. The Romulans know how to overcome their differences and work together, for the good of everyone. Other species, especially Klingons, simply put, do not.

I was reading an earlier post about Federation Violations. Well, I saw ONE violation of the neutral zone. There were others, most of the time when the Romulans did something to the federation and made them enter the neutral zone. Consider a few federation violations to this, every time you see a Romulan ship in Federation space without them being invited or pre-bellum area they are violating the neutral zone. That MAJORLY outweighs anything the federation did times a thousand. Romulans are illogical.

I am so happy you finally came to this topic, after I have been urging you to do so for months now. Never mind the fact that we are on the phone right now.

To the contrary, T'Son, Romulans are very logical. Everything they do is for a specific purpose, ususally the furthering of the RSE. The Romulans go about quite doing such things quite logically. See some earlier posts by myself and Welfconfed.

Also, many times on the shows when we saw Romulans, they were invited. Some times they were not, of course, but the UFP has done that many, many times too.

I was merely showing you that post as an example of several of the UFP's flaws. Like you said, not all of them are violations, but there are a lot. I could name several, through various sources, and I am sure Welfconfed could too.

So please, do not insult Romulans agian until you have some specific examples. I shall use all my efforts, and I am sure some of my friends here will too, to bring specific examples of UFP violations. Jolan Tru.

If you can ever prove that the Federation violated the neutral zone more than 1/4 of the time the Romulans did I'll pay you $250. Good luck, you'll need it.

Yes, I really want that funny money you plan on paying me, T'Son. Hahaha, no bets. I am still going to find examples of UFP violations.

I'll go to startrek.com and find every episode the Rom's violated the neutral zone. I won't look in book series, just the episodes and movies so you have to do that too. In my openion, the Feds and Roms should have never signed the treaty of algeron, it really made no sence. Too bad the federation is that peaceful. I like peace but no cloaking technology? Must have been a non-vulcan ambasitor. Spock would have made the best treaty. Spock does everything logically right :roflmao:

Oh, T'Son, you are a devious Vulcan and you know me way too well. My darling best friend, that is not going to work. Much as I hate to admit it, if I had to choose between being married to Spock and being the empress of Romulus, I would have to choose being the empress of Romulus. I must say that as much as I am in love with Spock, my love for the Romulan Star Empire and its people and territory is greater. However, I do agree that that treaty is ridiculous and the Federation is much too peaceful. Also, why can I not use books as examples? Several of my best examples come from books! By doing this, you will definitely win, unless some other Romulan supporters have good examples from the episodes. You see, I read far more than I watch television. For you, on the other hand, it is the opposite. This gives you a rather unfair advantage. Please agree to looking in books; after all, you have several Trek books yourself.

Well, alot of authors contradict each other. This especially happens during the Romulan-Federation war. Some say the Federation fired first, some say the Romulans fired 1st. Hard to say. That is why I get all my information from a book made by a producer, directer, writer, or creater of star trek (I'll let you get them from those sources), or by episodes, movies, and startrek.com

I do realize that a lot of books are not canon. However, several of my best examples come from the Lost Era series- do you want to come over sometime so you can see what I mean? And on that note, I do think that you would trust me to discern whether or not a source is accurate. Really, T'Son, I thought you knew me better than that.

Whoa, let's not let this devolve into another one of those canon, non-canon debates. They get a bit nasty, it's all fiction anyway. :roflmao:

As for the Romulan honor, it was always my understanding that they see most species as inferior and therefore aren't deserving of the same standards as a Romulan is. For example: Violating a treaty with the Klingon Empire isn't seen as a dishonorable act because the Klingons have no honor, in a Romulan's eyes.