Sign in to follow this  
Ace

favorite place to be

Posting in another topic made me think of this.

The title pretty much says it all. What is your favorite place to be (that you've already been to, of course). And I don't really mean a certain town or state; I'm talking about a specific little spot and its environment that you enjoy/enjoyed the most.

The first thing I think of is my big back yard on summer nights. Sometimes we (family and/or friends) would just sit on the back porch feeling the breeze, listening to the crickets and the birds coming back to their nests, and watching the fireflies blink over the farmland around us.

Other times we would set up a huge bonfire for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, hang out talking, and even once brought the tv up to where we were (guess what we watched :frusty: ). We'd be up there for hours, and sometimes me and my friends would play a good game of flashlight tag (I don't care what ya think; that game is awesome with a bunch of friends :frusty: ). It was also the best spot to watch a late evening thunderstorm roll by.

I guess it was just that "not a care in the world" feeling that made it so great.

So,,, I'll shut up and stop reminiscing now. How 'bout yall?

The Bridge of a Starship

but anywhere I have been already....

on the Bridge of a kayak

sure it's only one deck but it's a vessel!!!

Right here in my own home on my computer.  :frusty:

Yes no matter where I go during the day, I'm always relieved when I get home. Maybe I'm just like some grumpy old bear but I like my "den."

I like going down to the beach and watching the waves roll in. I also like going camping and just sitting around the campfire looking up at the stars. It really makes me realize how big our universe really is.

In one of two rooms of my condo: dining room table, because it is bright and sunny in that area,

and my "study" ( a little roon off the kitichen), also bright, but not sunny, places where I work peacefully!

The waterfront, sitting there on a nice hot day with your girlfriend and just watching the water. Going to see the busker festivel, so many differant things.

The waterfront, sitting there on a nice hot day with your girlfriend and just watching the water. Going to see the busker festivel, so many differant things.

Whats a busker festivel?

Anyway my favorite place to be is out on the water anywhere on the water in any craft...except canoes. Or deep in a forgotten place in a big green peaceful forest You know the places that time seems to not have touched and the human race has forgotten. Any of those two places...compleate peace and freedom.

Whats a busker festivel?

Street performers who travel the world, it happens ever summer. It's all free too :blink: