Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RikerChick

My World

LOL I've learned that you can't really tell what a place looks like from above though.

Here's my world.

Want to trade? :)

LOL I've learned that you can't really tell what a place looks like from above though.

Here's my world.

Nah... but as you see there's plenty of room just talk Robert into a "Green Achers" kind of mood... :) :)

Here's my world.

Nah... but as you see there's plenty of room just talk Robert into a "Green Achers" kind of mood... :) :eek:

Robert is so not Green Acres. :) Must be cool to live where there's actually nature. Wouldn't know personally. :wow: But hey, we've got plenty of smog, noise and crime to make up for it right? bedlam.gif

Here's my world.

Nah... but as you see there's plenty of room just talk Robert into a "Green Achers" kind of mood... :) :eek:

Robert is so not Green Acres. :) Must be cool to live where there's actually nature. Wouldn't know personally. :wow: But hey, we've got plenty of exaust, noise and crime to make up for it right? bedlam.gif

Well, a friend's 5 year old grandson described this area like this once while they were coming to visit.

"Wow! He lives out past the Horses!"

As if to the world is broken down like this.

YOu drive through the city, through the shopping district where the malls are. Then you get to the housing areas where lots of homes and apartments are. The occasional 7-11 or grocery store. Then you get out where there's bridges and rivers. THen you get to the farm lands of Corn or Wheat. Then you see the Cows and finally you see the Horses.... His point was that I live PAST the horses! I wonder if the rim of the Earth was next in his list... lol

Well, a friend's 5 year old grandson described this area like this once while they were coming to visit.

"Wow! He lives out past the Horses!"

As if to the world is broken down like this.

YOu drive through the city, through the shopping district where the malls are. Then you get to the housing areas where lots of homes and apartments are. The occasional 7-11 or grocery store. Then you get out where there's bridges and rivers. THen you get to the farm lands of Corn or Wheat. Then you see the Cows and finally you see the Horses.... His point was that I live PAST the horses! I wonder if the rim of the Earth was next in his list... lol

I'd probably have the same reaction at 25 :)

I'd probably have the same reaction at 25 :)

Well, it isn't as rural as that looks there. I'm about 7 to 10 miles away from Greenbrier mall.

Well it wouldn't zoom in on my city because I don't live in the states more then likely but this is what I got.

post-51-1082553151.jpg

Eh, was gonna post a pic or two but I got that "dynamic pages" error. :)

Well it wouldn't zoom in on my city because I don't live in the states more then likely but this is what I got.

How'd you do that...it wouldn't except my postal code and I couldn't

find Canadian site?

Help pls... :)

It looks like that one is only for the U.S., I am looking for one that will show the whole world though. I don't know if one exists though, since if the US were to take detailed pictures of Germany or England it would be considered spying lol.

I did find a better site, though it didn't really give me a better picture of my area. In fact it was older and in black and white lol. But I did find a few interesting (to me) ones.

Here's my childhood home in Maryland (I moved away from it when I was 19):

Click For Spoiler

This is a larger view of the neighborhood:

Click For Spoiler

And here's the school I went to from 8th grade trhough 12th grade.

Click For Spoiler

I got these from http://terraserver.microsoft.com/address.aspx

If I find one for other countries other then the US I will post the address.

Once again, a dynamic page error. Someone want to tell me what my problem is?

\/- Thanks, VBG. I'll try that. <_<

Once again, a dynamic page error. Someone want to tell me what my problem is?

You have to save the pic to your computer, then use the Attachment function to upload it to the board.

Looks like a nice location, Jim.

Thanks again, VBG.

If this works, it should be a piece of my neighborhood. Mine's the upper left one with the pool; the neighborhood's pretty much surrounded by farmland.

neighborhood1.jpg

Looks cool shame i cant do it here <_<

I'll keep looking for a European site like this one.

That would be cool if you can find one VBG :P

Here is the downtown area and the harbour

Click For Spoiler
Untitled-1_copy.jpg

Here's my street, I know it looks like an underdeveloped neighbourhood in the sticks but it is just the effect of the image and most of the other part of the neighbourhood is cut off <_<

Click For Spoiler
Mystreet.jpg