Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Medicine In The 22nd Century

In TOS they still gave shots in the arm. I noticed in The Breach Trip gave Travis an injectin for pain in the neck. I read somewhere that Gates McFadden developed the idea of giving shots in the neck. So shouldn't ENT be giving them in the arm?

Bev sometimes gave shots on the arm too. In The Naked Now they gave the antedote using a hypo to the arm and in First Contact she innoculated Picard and Lily on the arm too. I guess there is no set rules.

I agree, we have seen the medical staff in all series giving shots in different locations, I don't think it really matters much, as long as it is given in an area near an artery or vein.

If i remember correctly... in the TNG episode where Picard, kako, guinan (sp), and that other chick who kinda gets it on with Riker, all become children.. during one scene i THINK Alexander uses a hypospray on a Frengi and hits him in the rear... but i wouldnt quote me on that one...

Your right, and in an episode of VOY, during an opening scene (in the doctor's daydream) they inject a hyperspray in Tuvoks butt to sedate him because he is entering pun'far.

phlox is also an alien doctor, so who knows what they do. so i dont think its out of place to see something like that.

Well, I never liked that fact they gave hypos threw the sleeve of there shirt. Just never seemed right to me.

In the post NEM time frame (next movie or series set after) Hypo sprays should be a thing of the past. Using the personal transporter technology, injections could/should now be given by beaming the medicine directly into the body. How about that?

:innocent: I think it is up to the doctor as to where they give the shots. :( If doc is mad look out. :devil:

In TOS they still gave shots in the arm.  I noticed in The Breach Trip gave Travis an injectin for pain in the neck.  I read somewhere that Gates McFadden developed the idea of giving shots in the neck.  So shouldn't ENT be giving them in the arm?

They either goofed or this is yet another example of the changes made to the timeline ala F.C.

In VOY Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy in his fantasy, the Doctor wanted Paris to give Tuvok a hypo in the butt.

"Tuvok I understand

You are a Vulcan man

You have just gone without

For seven years...about.

Paris please find a way

To fill a hypospray

I will give you a sign

Just aim for his behind"