Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Citizens Arrest

I tried but was quickly knocked to the ground. She got away. :( But I did file a police report and she was caught eventually. I'm not a " Barney Fife", you know :)

I've never been in a situation like that, that was a dangerous thing to do. :( At least she was caught. I would certainly stick around to give the police a report if I witnessed something, but I'm no :)

As well as you are not a Police officer..Aprhending people commiting a crime is dangerous..Leave it to the professionals..

But i have heard of communities working together and holding for the police people because of Domestic Violence and some Pedophiles..

if you see someone commiting a crime ..CALL 911...Also get a description of the person commiting it and report it to the police

DO: Stay out of sight and DO NOT engage..because your better off alive than dead

DONOT:Move anything or desterb the crime scene..If a person needs help..Help them..but leave the scene alone..The crime lab needs the scene intact

DO:keep a disposable camera in your bag or by a window so you can take pictures of a perp..A video camera works best but looks suspicous to the neighbors..

If it is a hit and run type scene:Take the license plate down and the make and model of the vehicle...also the color

MOST IMPORTANTLY STAY SAFE

Tinadoll is right. making a citizen's arrest is dangerous. hey, Tina, you're joining the NYPD, right?

I've never made one, but I have helped break up domestic disturbances. when I was in San Diego, my neighbor came home from work, and out of the blue just decked his wife. I was talking with a friend when this happened, he and I both jumped the fence, and we held the guy until the police arrived. he was smart about it, he stopped struggling. then again, how much good does struggling do when the two guys holding you are both large, powerful guys?

Yes jim i am

Since you are in the Military,you have some self defese and offense training. And it makes more sense that you would hold a perpetrator for the police than Granny Smith who lives next door..I still say leave it to proffesionals

Yeah, who would even think of trying to make a citizen's arrest - that's just crazy. Why put your own butt on the line if it isn't already? I'm quite well-trained (black belt in karate) and I wouldn't try that unless the person wasn't planning on letting me leave the scene without injury. You never know when somone's going to pull a knife... or worse. Moreover, I never know when I might meet that one in however-many people who'd actually just plain be better than me in a confrontation.

Haven't, and hope i never do, but if it happens in the future i hope i at least have a stun batton (with variable charge selection, i don't want to have all the different versions) with me to make sure the person isn't able to do anything. And maybe having some karate skills could help also :flex: .

I can't tackle...

I'm one of those nerdy pasty thirteen year olds who can't tackle someone for their life.

lol im 14 and in great shape like i usually bench round 115-110ish when i work out, i can leg press reps of 400lbs, but i dont usually (im 5'4'' though so im short) and no i havnt mayb when im older, my step dad is a former correctional officer, he is incredibly strong, dont wanna run into him hes made some shoplifting ones, and he found this one guy trying to break into his car, grabbed his arms threw him into teh car slammed his head on the trunk, and the guy begged to b let go lol he let him go and he ran (he didnt hurt him that much mayb a few bruises and sore muscles)