Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Jeanway's Brand New Baby, <ader

Just got my new baby today. She's a Chinese Water Dragon, always wanted one. She's soooooo beautiful, I'm in love, AGAIN :( :oops:

I'm pretty sure it's a girl. The males have bulges on either side at the base of the underside of the tail. Their, um, :: cough:: uhhh, ' STUFF ' is all inside and only come to light during, well, you know. And she's just smooth, no bulges, but could be she or he is just too young yet. Will keep you posted on that if anything should, ' Come to Light ' :cheese: They are brilliantly colored when they reach adulthood, can't wait. :( :) :cheese: She's getting aquainted right now with 'Baby Tongue', my 2 1/2 year old Iguana, they are terrorizing each other right now, but they'll get along in time.

SADLY, :unsure: I HAVE TO TELL EVEYBODY, <ADER JUST DROWNED IN THE BATHTUB :laugh: AT ABOUT 9:30 C.S.T. MAY, 10, 2004. BURIAL WILL BE SOMETIME THIS AFTERNOON. :flowers: MAY SHE REST IN PEACE. :hug:

Um... :naughty: You are aware that you don't bath lizards, right? They're wild animals and don't require it. Besides, the soap could be posionous to the lizard. You have my condollences and I hope you learned your lesson. Maybe next time it might be wize to learn about your next pet before getting it? :bow:

Here's a picture of the Chinese Water Dragon:

Click for Spoiler:

chinese_water_dragon_08_800.jpg

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Capt. Jon-Luc, she was in 3 inches of water, which I do everyday, along with my other lizards. I've had about 15 Iguanas in my life and most lived more than 10 years, I think I know NOT to use soap, it was just warm water, that's where lizards poop. Thank you for the picture, it's beautiful, looks just like my baby dragon did. :naughty: It happens, I've had this happen a couple times before, mainly because they were sick and weak, as babies it sometimes hard to tell if they are sick til it's too late. I was able to revive a couple. But they have a big tree branch in there with them to lay on and float. Sometimes these things just happen. But, I'm strong, I'll adapt. She may have been sick when I bought her, two weeks ago.

Edited by Jeanway

Capt. Jon-Luc, she was in 3 inches of water, which I do everyday, along with my other lizards. I've had about 15 Iguanas in my life and most lived more than 10 years, I think I know NOT to use soap, it was just warm water, that's where lizards poop. Thank you for the picture, it's beautiful, looks just like my baby dragon did. :naughty: It happens, I've had this happen a couple times before, mainly because they were sick and weak, as babies it sometimes hard to tell if they are sick til it's too late. I was able to revive a couple.  But they have a big tree branch in there with them to lay on and float. Sometimes these things just happen. But, I'm strong, I'll adapt. She may have been sick when I bought her, two weeks ago.

Did they have any flat surfaces to exit the water onto? They may get too tired of floating or clinging to a branch and thus drown that way.

In any event, if you've had that many lizards, one is bound to die somehow. I know, becuase I've had lots of cats through out my life, and sometimes one dies, despite my best efforts.

I am sorry to hear about your pet. I know that must be tough. I had a Cocatiel bird that died on my college graduation day. I send my condolences.

Don't let it get you down Jeanway. Maybe spending some time with Baby Tongue might help you feel better. Hope you feel better. :naughty:

also my condolences

but there is a positive side,

if you want i can PM you a very good recepy to cook a Chinees Water Dragon

i got it from our local chinees restaurant

so dig her up again and enjoy

:naughty:

also my condolences

but there is a positive side,

if you want i can PM you a very good recepy to cook a Chinees Water Dragon

i got it from our local chinees restaurant

so dig her up again and enjoy

:bow:

Come on, you can't just eat your pet.

So sorry Jeanway, I know it's hard to lose a pet, I've been there. She was just a new baby too. I bet she was beautiful. Just try to think of the happy times, and eat lots of chocolate, that always helps me :naughty:

quote: QSMB @May 11 2004, 07:28 AM

Yes you can, last year i had very lovely white rabbit, his name was

"CHRISTMAS-DINNER"

(btw he tastet very good with a red wine) :naughty:

quote: QSMB @May 11 2004, 07:28 AM

Yes you can, last year i had very lovely white rabbit, his name was

"CHRISTMAS-DINNER"

(btw he tastet very good with a red wine) :naughty:

Don't mind me, I'm just a vegetarian that's grossed out by the idea of eating a cow that you've never even seen before. I'm ok with you eating whatever you want as long as you don't try to force feed it to me.

okey,

But i hope you do like Red Wine?

AHA! PERFECRT EXAMPLE HERE OF 'MULTI-THREAD BANDWAGONNING!!!!

THIS THREAD STARTED OUT AS SOMETHING GOOD, THEN IT GOT VERY BAD, AND NOW IT'S TURNING REALLY UGLY :bow:

And NO, Ilikeseven, I don't drink any kind of alcoholic beverage, especially not with DRAGON :naughty: I WOULD NEVER EAT ON OF MY PETS!!!!! JUST WAIT TIL I GET YOU, I'LL HAVE TO THINK OF SOMETHING REALLY EEVIL TO DO TO YOU NOW, I'VE GOT YOU LOCKED UP IN THE BRIG SO YOUR A** IS MINE, :bow:

MMMUUUUAAAAA!!!!!

AND AS I STATED PREVIOUSLY, I'VE HAD ABOUT 15 IGUANAS, SO I DO HAVE ALOT OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE WITH THEM.

Edited by Jeanway

Maybe you can stuff your Dragon and put him on a shelf

so you can still see him every day :naughty:

Maybe you can stuff your Dragon and put him on a shelf

so you can still see him every day :naughty:

THAT'S JUST SICK!!! :bow: { ADDS ANOTHER ONE TO REASONS LIST }

Happy to say, we, Baby Tongue and I are a great comfort to each other. We are planning to acquire 2 more baby iguanas very soon. :hug: Maybe we'll have better luck next time. She's running around on the floor right now. She's finished off the last four crunchy, dead, dried out cricket carcasses and chased down the last remaining survivor of the original 36. All crickets are now gone and am relying on my electric cricket machine for sound effects :force: I just love it!

So does she. We thank everyone for their concern in our hour of darkness B) Except for a couple of really insensitive clods B)