Sign in to follow this  
Red Shirt Volunteer

Reason for the long break after "Azati Prime"

Why do you think the break was so long?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you think the break was so long?

• The cast thought the script sucked and demanded a rewrite.
    • B & B thought it sucked and decided to rewrite it.
    • Planned to end it due to ratings, but it suddenly got renewed.
    • They needed a holiday.
    • They couldn't find Mayweather for 7 weeks.
    • The Xindi costumes were stolen.
    • The computer network got a virus and all CG work was lost.
    • Bragga was putting some time in watching TOS episodes.
    • They were distracted by a bad script to bring back Kirk.
    • There was some other legitimate reason (please explain).
    • There was some other silly reason (please explain).

I think they must've been doing a rewrite after coming to the realisation that their original ideas weren't up to what they could be so they started rethinking how they want to end it and where that ending could take them next season. I also think things may have been up in the air with the renewal of the show for another season, and perhaps they might have been waiting to see whether season 3 should have a definitive ending or they should plan for a fourth season.

I voted for a damn silly reason as I really think it is!

[Rant]

For some bizarre reason US TV has this thing called Sweeps. They reason that the audiences watching in those, arbitrarily chosen weeks are more important than those of other, lesser weeks.

So instead of showing a series from start to finish, allowing word of mouth to steadily increase the audience size and capturing and keeping the viewers, they instead show new episodes in chunks of a few weeks, repeat them, show a few more, repeat them, and so on.

This means all the best, (or even new), episodes are aired in the Sweeps weeks and the other, lesser weeks are for reruns.

The audience, tired of having to sit through weeks of stuff they've already seen, drift off to other things. Confused by the return of new episodes, (not all series come back in the same weeks), they miss the return, and drift away in greater numbers. It has the effect of making even the tightest shows lose momentum for the viewer.

Just show the whole damn series in weekly installments, like we do! Then repeat the whole damn series if you must. But the chopping and changing is, in my opinion, such a fool way to run a TV station.[/Rant]

I think they must've been doing a rewrite after coming to the realisation that their original ideas weren't up to what they could be so they started rethinking how they want to end it and where that ending could take them next season.  I also think things may have been up in the air with the renewal of the show for another season, and perhaps they might have been waiting to see whether season 3 should have a definitive ending or they should plan for a fourth season.

Am suffering from the 'Pavlov' sydrome. Every Wednesday night I still go to UPN at 7:00 expecting to see it. I just sit on the floor in front of my T.V., wagging my tail and drooling. :roflmao: B) HURRY UP!!!!!! Thinking getting sucked into a jet engine would be easier than this. :roflmao:

Edited by Jeanway

I voted silly reason...thou I don't know what that would be...

I know a lot of other shows did the same thing.....Gilmore Girls, Everwood

and Friends...it's really annoying and some people might lose interest.

*never loses interest in Star Trek*

There was some other legitimate reason

Two other possible reasons: 1 They wanted to save the ending of the season for sweeps & 2 If they hadn't put a break in, the season would be over by now.

I believe the break has to do with that they are not producing 26 episodes this season. They might think that if they didn't take a break now, the wait for season 4 might have been to long and that could have resulted in people losing interest..

By the way, I do not think they rewrote any episodes since they had already produced Damage before Azati Prime aired..

Edited by Stelfan

It was because of the reduction in production from 26 to 24, I also believe they decided to make the late winter early spring break a little longer then it might have otherwise been so they can run the season ending arc without a break.

I think the writers are incredible. They have been humping so long, I think they really need a break. Creativity dries up and they need time to re-charge, simple as that, R&R. :bow:

They need a break.

Acting & making new scenes & stuff aint easy.

Checkout that boy who acted as Marty in "Back to the Future".

He acted in both the movie & a series at the same time & he got really tired & was a miracle he didn't died then & also, he's acting skills are still good after the exaustion.

At least the 3rd part have where he gets to sleep, :bow:

:bow:

Edited by vold

They needed a holiday. They needed time to think about the direction the show was headed in. It seems that they have gotten back on track now. The episodes can only get better from here on out. <_<

Everyone needs a vacation now and then. Even though they could have gotten one during the season ending.........

To get up the suspense...

I agree. After that cliffhanger, I could swear I died. I only came back to life last night. :)

Part of it to do with sweeps - all series usually have reruns during March but not seven weeks in a row

Personally, I think the break also helped people overlook the link between the two episodes - inconsistencies in plot etc

I'm bored with this whole "Xindi Arc"

I'm just skipping the rest of this season.

I'll guess that they stop them from destroying Earth.

Hopefully, next season, the Romulan War and something more interesting.

IMO, ENT is the worst of all the Trek shows.

:lol:

I voted that it was for some silly reason. The truth to the matter is it was quite serious. Conner is probably planning that wedding of his and one of the other star's may have had another engagement. I believe that *Porthos* was called on for stud service and was performing in another part of the country.