Sign in to follow this  
Q stole my bike

A parellel universe...

By parellel universe, I mean a whole other universe that you can't get to, no matter how far you travel, at least you couldn't get there in phsyical form. That last sentence might need some clearing up: I believe in reincarnation, and I think that if there is(are) parellel universe(s) you could live one life in this universe, and your next life in another; like your soul can get to it, but your body can't. If you believe in heaven and hell, I guess you could say that thy're like a parellel universe of sorts; you only get there when your soul leaves your body (i.e. you die) I think there could be one or more parellel universes, but it's one of those thing that you really can't prove, just something you have to have a feeling about.

it's an interesting idea. I wish StarTrek would have more parallel universe stories they are some of my favorites. And we're in the 3rd universe from the left.

it's an interesting idea. I wish StarTrek would have more parallel universe stories they are some of my favorites. And we're in the 3rd universe from the left.

:( :( :o :( WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS STUFF????? :huh:

Ooooooo...maybe Star Trek has its very own parellel universe....I WANNA LIVE THERE IN MY NEXT LIFE!!!!

OK, here is what I don't get.

Parallel refers to a line that never touches another line. If we are talking about "parallel" universes then we are either talking about 1-dimentional universes or universes that NEVER intersect. If they DO intersect then by definition they are not parallel.

It's debateable....

String theory is kind offoggy on this one...

It's possible but unlikely though

sorry QSMB

Has anyone seen the TNG episode Paralells? This episode formed the basis for my paralell universe theory. I believe that there are countless paralell universes, and, like in the episode, every little decision we make makes a new one or several new ones. You would really need to see the episode to understand. All I know is that I did not until I saw Paralells and that changed my entire life. In answer, QSMB, yes, they exist, but not exactly in the form that you are describing them as.

Valeris, if you liked parellels, then you gotta see sliders. That show deals ENTIRELY with parellel universes, or at least parellel earths.

Valeris, if you liked parellels, then you gotta see sliders. That show deals ENTIRELY with parellel universes, or at least parellel earths.

Sliders was a great show (in my drwho42istic opinion...).

'Twas my favorite TV series in the 3rd grade, along with Lost in Space.

Btw, I, too, believe in parallel universes....

Probably an infinite number of them.....

But who knows?...lastresort.jpg42.gif

The Adventures of STF.net

There are infinite numbers of universes out there.

All created & spread due to choices people make.

We are also creating new universes by writing stories about them too.

That would mean, if u made a character suffer so badly. Watch it, lol there's a real person somewhere out there suffering what u brought unto him/her. :blink:

Anyway as for Trek, they already got tons of parrelel universes.

- TNG saw a couple thousands of them.

- All time altering episodes consists of a parallel universe supporting the current universe we are watching.

- The mirror universe is merely another universe with bad choices of events.

- etc.

:blink:

in other words, yeah they do exist. lol

There are infinite numbers of universes out there.

All created & spread due to choices people make.

We are also creating new universes by writing stories about them too.

That would mean, if u made a character suffer so badly. Watch it, lol there's a real person somewhere out there suffering what u brought unto him/her. :)

Anyway as for Trek, they already got tons of parrelel universes.

- TNG saw a couple thousands of them.

- All time altering episodes consists of a parallel universe supporting the current universe we are watching.

- The mirror universe is merely another universe with bad choices of events.

- etc.

:blink:

in other words, yeah they do exist. lol

I completely agree, Vold. :blink:

That would mean, if u made a character suffer so badly. Watch it, lol there's a real person somewhere out there suffering what u brought unto him/her. :blink:

I like that idea **eevil grins** :blink: