Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

My Personal Crisis Grid

You have 10 things that are really bothering you. Problems need taking care of. You get the top 5 done and over with, the bottom 5 seem to slide up to the top and 5 new ones slide in under them. Understand? Most of us here are good with abstract concepts, right? Why do we always seem to have all these things that bother us. And you say to yourself, I'll do this, take care of that, then you do and your still looking for something to worry about? How do you stand on your Personal Crisis Grid. Can you ever empty it? I can't seem to. :o And don't tell me they have pills for this either. :P

I'll never empty my grid, my grid has spawned another grid. Sometimes it's like I'm trying to bail out the Titanic with a teacup. :o

I'll never empty my grid, my grid has spawned another grid. Sometimes it's like I'm trying to bail out the Titanic with a teacup. :(

:) :o Exactly. :o :lol: :P

I do not have an active grid where five move out and five move in. I seem to have a grid of large intractable problems that I have to learn to live with in peace. Maybe one or two of my current problems are sovable, but will take time and energy.........I choose to not stress, and to be at peace. I cast a lot of my cares on the Lord.

No one that I know of has ever been able to empty their grid. I guess we can only do what mjham said and cast our cares on the Lord. I know that I often forget to do that. And Fenriz, have you ever tried to bail the Titanic out with a teacup? :o Can I help; it would be easier than trying to wade through my grid! :P

Your grid only has 10. Lucky You.

Can we say top 50. :o

One day at a time. And trust in the lord.

You have 10 things that are really bothering you.  Problems need taking care of. You get the top 5 done and over with, the bottom 5 seem to slide up to the top and 5 new ones slide in under them. Understand? Most of us here are good with abstract concepts, right?  Why do we always seem to have all these things that bother us.  And you say to yourself, I'll do this, take care of that, then you do and your still looking for something to worry about? How do you stand on your Personal Crisis Grid. Can you ever empty it? I can't seem to. :P And don't tell me they have pills for this either. :o

What are you talking about? :o

You have 10 things that are really bothering you.  Problems need taking care of. You get the top 5 done and over with, the bottom 5 seem to slide up to the top and 5 new ones slide in under them. Understand? Most of us here are good with abstract concepts, right?  Why do we always seem to have all these things that bother us.  And you say to yourself, I'll do this, take care of that, then you do and your still looking for something to worry about? How do you stand on your Personal Crisis Grid. Can you ever empty it? I can't seem to. :o And don't tell me they have pills for this either. :(

What are you talking about? :o

What are you talking about? :P

um lets see. personal crisis grid, OH YEAH I ADD MORE AND MORE TO IT EVERYSINGLE FREAKIN DAY. I LAUGH AT THE TITANIC, HOW ABOUT BAILING OUT THE ATLANTIC WITH A THIMBLE. :wow: oh well such is life, and i dont want any of those pills, or therapists, give me time and strengh to deal with it on my own, thas how i like to do it.

actually the grid has collapsed and I'm running like a japanese extra from a giant rubber suited pile o' crisis. Run boy! RUN! :wow::wow: :huh:

I just take time for myself...like reading watching ST, talking to you guys

Click for Spoiler:

and the odd pill.....Don't Jeanway!!!

j/k Jeanway...You make me smile!!!

I do not know that I can take time for myself; I am only on STF.N because I am putting off things that should have been at least started two weeks ago! Oh, evil duedates....!

My grid has probably about a hundred slots that never get emptied. Then I start to worry about having so many things to worry about, then I start to get worries about being worried.......'tis a vicious cycle!

My grid has probably about a hundred slots that never get emptied. Then I start to worry about having so many things to worry about, then I start to get worries about being worried.......'tis a vicious cycle!

"a vicious cycle" nobody is going to steal from you, Q :thumbs:

actually the grid has collapsed and I'm running like a japanese extra from a giant rubber suited pile o' crisis. Run boy! RUN! :b-day:  :hug:  :hug:

OH, Tiz, I love the way your mind works :thumbs::thumbs::hug::thumbs::b-day:

I hit the REFRESH button, have a whole new set now, since I started this thread <_<

well my crisis grid still seems to be doing ok, had a cuople of bumps in the road, but its pretty good lately. im enjoying it, at least till it goes into overload again. :P

My personal crisis grid is like some old guys house and the neighborhood kids throw all these eggs at the house and the old guy comes out and says "Go away you bloody kids!" and throws a broom at them and then goes back inside the house. Doesn't do anything about the eggs on the house though.

Wow, some odd posts here. Many of you seem to think you can actually go out and solve your problems (except mjham). They must be pretty minor if you're still in complete control of them, if not caused by your own actions. Most of the big problems I have are pretty much out of my control.

Just learn to live with them and accept them as part of your life. If you define something as a problem needing solving, you'll increase your stress. If you define it as a fact of life, things get better fast.

The ones you can be fix on your own shouldn't be that much of a challenge.

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

Interesting concept. Here's a theory. Humans, being.... well.... human, are encumbered with a seemingly infinite number of problems. One of our shortcomings is that we can only deal with a limited amount of information at a time. What I would

say is that in truth one's "personal crisis grid" is much larger than we are capable of perceiving. For that reason, we only see the top 5, 10, 50 or so items that happen to be plaguing us at any given time. Secondly, time and entropy (loosely used here) have a way of producing problems. Without vigilance, problems will come.

At the moment, this sounds esoteric, but I've never really looked at life as a series of

crises, but rather a parade of challenges. If a challlenge does not exist, then one must find one. Otherwise, what purpose is in life?

Someone, not mentioning any names now, seems to have removed a few of mine :thumbs: Thank you :thumbs: DS9 :bow: