Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Grammar Police

Just thought I'd let you all know. I, self appointed Head Cheese of the 'Grammar Police' will be cruising this site for spelling, grammatical and syntax errors. So don't be surprised if you hear sirens in the night, or daytime, and you're paid a little visit. I'm an idiot and do crazy stuff like this all the time, on my own time. Just remember to use SPELL CHECK. And if spell check messes up, I want to hear about that too. :wub: If this bothers you, direct all complaints to Fenriz 275. He suggested this office. This was HIS idea. :clap: I hereby absolve myself of any and all liability. :wub:

Edited by Jeanway

Just thought I'd let you all know. I, self appointed Head Cheese of the 'Grammar Police' will be cruising this site for spelling, grammatical and syntax errors.  So don't be surprised if you hear sirens in the night, or daytime, and your paid a little visit. I'm an idiot and do crazy stuff like this all the time, on my own time. Just remember to use SPELL CHECK.  And if spell check messes up, I want to hear about that too. :wub: If this bothers you, direct all complaints to Fenriz 275.  He suggested this office. This was HIS idea. :clap: I hereby absolve myself of any and all liability. :wub:

Corrections in red

Just thought I'd let you all know. I, self appointed Head Cheese of the 'Grammar Police', will be cruising this site for spelling, grammatical and syntax errors.  So don't be surprised if you hear sirens in the night, or daytime, and you're paid a little visit. I'm an idiot and do crazy stuff like this all the time, on my own time. Just remember to use SPELL CHECK.  And if spell check messes up, I want to hear about that too. :wub: If this bothers you, direct all complaints to Fenriz 275.  He suggested this office. This was HIS idea. :wub: I hereby absolve myself of any and all liability. :wub:

:wub:

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Just thought I'd let you all know. I, self appointed Head Cheese of the 'Grammar Police' will be cruising this site for spelling, grammatical and syntax errors.  So don't be surprised if you hear sirens in the night, or daytime, and your paid a little visit. I'm an idiot and do crazy stuff like this all the time, on my own time. Just remember to use SPELL CHECK.  And if spell check messes up, I want to hear about that too. :clap: If this bothers you, direct all complaints to Fenriz 275.  He suggested this office. This was HIS idea. :wub: I hereby absolve myself of any and all liability. :wub:

Corrections in red

Just thought I'd let you all know. I, self appointed Head Cheese of the 'Grammar Police', will be cruising this site for spelling, grammatical and syntax errors.  So don't be surprised if you hear sirens in the night, or daytime, and you're paid a little visit. I'm an idiot and do crazy stuff like this all the time, on my own time. Just remember to use SPELL CHECK.  And if spell check messes up, I want to hear about that too. :wub: If this bothers you, direct all complaints to Fenriz 275.  He suggested this office. This was HIS idea. :wub: I hereby absolve myself of any and all liability. :wub:

Sorry Jeanway, but that was priceless. :wub:

U.H. and Ed, I believe 'you're' is a contraction meaning you are, and I dispute it. O.K.? You two want to be Deputies? I could use a hand in this job, there is a lot of work to do :clap: And Ed, since your my Big Brother, I like to keep things in the family. We need to discuss fines and trials for the worst offenders :wub: Please respond. Your Boss, Jeanway Out. P.S. What are your thoughts on using ' stocks'? :wub:

LOL....couldn't be helped Jeanway...you make me smile!!! :clap:

I have to worry about my grammar all the time, I don't care here what any

one does....spelling or otherwise......when I'm relaxed my fingers get in the

way of typing and anything could happen..... :wub:

In technicallity, Janeway is correct in her usage of the contraction "you're" as this is not a formal paper or another piece of formal writing.

In technicallity, Janeway is correct in her usage of the contraction "you're" as this is not a formal paper or another piece of formal writing.

But she didn't use the contraction you're she used your.

English 101:

your is a possessive as in your cat, your house, your momma

you're is a contraction for you as in you're my brother, you're in trouble, if you're asleep

But she didn't use the contraction you're she used your.

English 101:

your is a possessive as in your cat, your house, your momma

you're is a contraction for you as in you're my brother, you're in trouble, if you're asleep

Exactly,

You know that Momma or Mama is one of the eldest words in language?

Edited by Nemesis

We going to beat this thing to death people?" the picking of nits" Dr. polasky.

Pull yourselves together !! We have work to do. :clap: O.k. your, you're, can we move on? We have bigger fish to fry here. Unicorn Hunter, report to my office! :wub: :wub: . Big Ed, get out on patrol, now! And where's Fenrizzle, he was supposed to be here hours ago, he's late, again. :wub: What did you mean this wasn't formal writing? You don't think I'm sitting here in a ballgown? I know, that made no sense at all? :wub: " Let he who has not mispelled, cast the first stone"

Edited by Jeanway

Just thought I'd let you all know. I, self appointed Head Cheese of the 'Grammar Police' will be cruising this site for spelling, grammatical and syntax errors.  So don't be surprised if you hear sirens in the night, or daytime, and you're paid a little visit. I'm an idiot and do crazy stuff like this all the time, on my own time. Just remember to use SPELL CHECK.  And if spell check messes up, I want to hear about that too. :wub: If this bothers you, direct all complaints to Fenriz 275.  He suggested this office. This was HIS idea. :wub: I hereby absolve myself of any and all liability. :wub:

We do not need a grammer police. :clap: We come here to discuss STAR TREK among other topics, not to post perfectly written articles. Heck, if you're serious, you'd be in grammer jail. :wub: Anywho, I don't think it should be an issue, since many of our posters speak English as a 2nd language. :wub:

We going to beat this thing to death people?" the picking of nits" Dr. polasky.

Pull yourselves together !! We have work to do. :wub: O.k. your, you're, can we move on? We have bigger fish to fry here. Unicorn Hunter, report to my office! :wub:  :wub: .  Big Ed, get out on patrol, now!  And where's Fenrizzle, he was supposed to be here hours ago, he's late, again. :wub: What did you mean this wasn't formal writing? You don't think I'm sitting here in a ballgown? I know, that made no sense at all? :wub: " Let he who has not missplelled, cast the first stone"

The below post is the "corrected" post. Corrections in red

Are we going to beat this thing to death people?" The picking of nits" Dr. Pulaski.

Pull your selves together! We have work to do. :( OK your, you're, can we move on? We have bigger fish to fry here. Unicorn Hunter, report to my office! :(  :wub: .  Big Ed, get out on patrol, now!  And where's Fenriz, he was supposed to be here hours ago, he's late, again. :wub: What did you mean this wasn't formal writing? You don't think I'm sitting here in a ball gown? I know, that made no sense at all. :wub: "Let he who has not missplelled, cast the first stone."

See how irritating this can be? :clap:

:clap: :wub: You do understand this is all done in fun , don't you? :wub: I'm not a perfect speller either, but I try. I welcome correction. :wub: I can't understand why people use the term, ' anywho' what exactly does that mean? :wub:

Nothing wrong with the word "anywho"

anywho

used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement; "Anywho, he is dead now"; "I think they're asleep; anywho, they're quiet";

Happy? :P

Stardate:214238.6

Grammar Police!! :P You guys will be seeing alot of me!! Oh wait no you won't!!

:jumps into car and speeds away screaming you cant catch me: :o

I done ain't gonna listen to none of them grammer police. blah.gifwinker.gif

Stardate:214238.6

LOL RC :o

We do not need a grammer police.  We come here to discuss STAR TREK among other topics, not to post perfectly written articles. Heck, if you're serious, you'd be in grammer jail.  Anywho, I don't think it should be an issue, since many of our posters speak English as a 2nd language. 

Oh boo whoo CJLP.Last I checked this is the Off Topic forum so theres nothing wrong with this thread and as Jeanway stated earlier it is just for fun.

:P 2500th post!! :o