Sign in to follow this  
bassgirl

Star Trek Theme Music

which series has the best opening theme music?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. which series has the best opening theme music?

• Original Series
    • Next Generation
    • Deep Space Nine
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise

hey! i was just comparing theme musics....i have to admit i really like the TOS opening...its just so....sixties trek fever! though i think at this point the next gen theme has become THE trek music

I said DS9 because it just seems more theatrical and epic than the others. Also, with the TNG DVD's, I used to like the theme song (And still do to some extent) but I fast foward the theme. With DS9, when I hear the theme and the great visuals of the station and the warmhole, I just want to hear the theme every time.

I voted DS9, but that's really a big step for me. I loved the music from TOS and remember specifically thinking that I wanted the theme music for the next Trek series to be the same. I always thought they should carry the music through to the next series. Well, they didn't, but I grew to love the TNG music as well. Ultimately, I voted for DS9 because that theme is just so haunting and mysterious, it really embodies the theme of life on a space station.

I love all the music, but I think the DS9 theme is just so perfect for that show.

I voted the Voyager theme! Nothing beats that dramatic theme of explorration! ;)

I recommend that all KaZaa user's download the alternate intro for ENT - it's terrific

It's not an alternate intro... It's just the opening sequence with the Generations theme instead of the short version of "Where My Heart Will Take Me"

It's not an alternate intro...  It's just the opening sequence with the Generations theme instead of the short version of "Where My Heart Will Take Me"

You mean the music is from the movie Generations? I still think the combination of this music and the opening scenes are more effective than the current intro. The TNG theme is from Star Trek the Motion Picture so it's a common practice.

Well, I might of agreed with you back when the show first started... However, at the end of the movie Patch Adams, in the end credits, the full song was performed by Rod Stewart. After hearring the full song, I fell in love with it! I also believe it fits the series entirely.

NOTE: I have all 12 tv soundtracks! ;)

I voted for Enterprise. My second choice would have been TNG. I thought it was a nice change to have a theme song and I really like "Faith of the Heart". I know a lot of people don't like having a song for a theme but the fact that the song was as good as it is certainly helped create an interest in Enterprise when it first came on.

It's not an alternate intro...  It's just the opening sequence with the Generations theme instead of the short version of "Where My Heart Will Take Me"

You mean the music is from the movie Generations? I still think the combination of this music and the opening scenes are more effective than the current intro. The TNG theme is from Star Trek the Motion Picture so it's a common practice.

Actually the theme to TNG is an amalgamation of two pieces of music - the movie theme by Jerry Goldsmith and another piece of music by Alexander Courage.

I love Voyager's theme! I just burned a CD with all the TV and most of the movie theme! :D I love it.

I guess I'm in the minority here as well. I prefer the new Enterprise theme. Of course I'm listening to it from a production and quality standpoint and it doesn't have that overblown full orchestra sound of TNG, Voyager and DS9. Plus it was written by Diane Warren. How many other televisions shows can make that claim? Well wriiten, produced and recorded and mixed to sound great over the narrow dynamic range of tv broadcast. I also feel the lyrics give a good representation to what the show is suppossed to be about.

I voted DS9. I went to a fireworks display where they played it whilst letting off the fireworks. It was awesome, and gave me a whole new appreciation for the music.

I LOVE the TNG theme. Even when I only watched VOY I used to tune into the beginning of TNG just to listen to the theme music (if only I had watched the REST of the episode, I would have found it out much quicker)

I seperate this topic into 2 parts, visually and Musically.

Musically

Based on the music, I like TNG's theme because whenever I think trek, I think of that theme song, dispite the fact that is was better done in the Movies. I like the jumpy tune, and the elegance of its feeling. However, I must say the DS9 theme is growing on me.

Visually

If there was something the TNG theme lack was visuals however. All it had was the star feild and the ship flying through the screen. Voyager's theme on the other hand had the best visuals. From the first shot with the planet, to the ship flying through the entire segment, it was visually stunning.

i voted for ds9. it just sounds so exciting and i love the brass in it.

next would be enterprise. it fits the series perfectly. i love it.

then voyager. it is also very epic and exciting.

then tng. i really like it, but it just doesnt have the same effect as next 3 series'.

then tos. im not a huge fan of it. too 60-ish. lol.

I would definately have to say ENT. I think the theme is very uplifting with a message of hope, and it really portrays the for lack of better word theme of the entire show.

In my opinion Voyager has the most beautiful sound track of all. I recently acquired sound track on CD..........It is outstanding. I play it over, and over. :look:

Just so ya guys know... there's 12 tv soundtracks:

Star Trek

Star Trek Volume 2

Star Trek Volume 3

Star Trek The Next Generation

Star Trek The Next Generation Volume 2

Star Trek The Next Generation Volume 3

Star Trek The Next Generation Volume 4

Star Trek Deep Space Nine

Star Trek Voyager

Enterprise

The Best of Star Trek