Sign in to follow this  
Capt.Vash

if 7 were captain

How would the ship have fared if 7 of 9 were captain I'll bet that they would have fared a lot better built a transwarp drive and other such things !

opinions?

How would the ship have fared if 7 of 9 were captain I'll bet that they would have fared a lot better built a transwarp drive and other such things !

opinions?

In order for Seven to be Captain, she'd have to be the last person on the ship. :huh:

As much as I like 7, I honestly think they'd be dead. She thinks herself to be far too invincible at times, and likely would've ticked off more than a few species on the way to Earth.

...This is all going with the idea that she'd actually keep up with the mission. Knowing 7, she would've set the ship down on the nearest habitable planet and dismanteled the ship for supplies - it would be more "efficient" to make a new home than wander for 70 years just to get back to some place the crew has an unnecessary emotional attachment to. :huh:

A captain is about a lot more than the technology they can offer. Leave that to the engineer. Captains need people skills, people. Seven has next to none. Say good bye Voyager, hello assimilation.

I agree with just about everybody else here. Seven wouldn't make a good Captain at all..She doesn't have the people skills necessary to keep the crew's morale up..And the patience to get them back to Earth..And I don't even see what chain of events would have to happen in order for Seven to be Captain..What? Everyone gone but the Ensigns?!

Now, I believe Seven would make a fine Science Officer or Engineer but Captain? No way..

A captain is about a lot more than the technology they can offer.  Leave that to the engineer.  Captains need people skills, people.  Seven has next to none.  Say good bye Voyager, hello assimilation.

As much as I too like Seven. I agree totally with what you have said here...................

I like Seven, but agree with most here she did not have the leadership qualities to be a Captain. Who knows, maybe if on return to Earth she joined StarFleet I think after she settled in she would do really well and maybe one day make Captain. Seven still had a great deal to learn about herself and where she came from first. I don't think Voyager would have faired well in her hands.

My opinion would be irrelevant, but they might have made a long-lasting alliance with the borg.

Edited by harrykim

that is the most scary propostition I have ever heard. the galaxy, nay, the universe would be assimilated and Chakotay would be her butt monkey. To do with as she pleased.

Oh wait....that is my sex fantasy...dang did I write that out??

opinions?

Truthfully, there's a very slim chance for survival. Mainly, people will be bored to death first. :thumbs:

& about building new drives. They can't just do that even if she's captain or not.

They don't got the right things, otherwise she'd made 1 for them already, rather then bother stealing one in the Sphere.

Voyager wouldn't have made it home. I was watching 'In the Flesh' yesterday and Seven said something about this topic. She says to Janeway "If I had been in your position, we'd likely be at war with 8472". I think that pretty much guarantees Voyager's destruction and who knows what reprocussions on the Alpha Quadrant or even the galaxy.

om gosh people where is your sense of hope... of course her position of captain the first couple of seasons would of been disasturous becuase she was disconnected from the collective, but after she regained some of her humanity i believe she would of helped the ship entirely.... She knew a lot about the borg and the species that were in the delta quadrant. Although her reputation was not good at all, neither were humans.... In fact just having seven on board was a death risk for the entire ship, but they still managed, and they would of had managed with her if she were captain. Remember its not the captain that makes the mission successful its the entire crew that backs up the captain as well. Chakotay would of had set her straight, but the growing love that seven had for him would make her rethink about the crew's saftey a bit more. Everyone would have to pull a little harder for their escape home, but I believe it could be done.

If there is a will, there will always be a way.... :)

Syperphobia, keep in mind that Seven has no rank. Unless the entire crew, short of Seven, Neelix, Icheb, and Namomi, had gone missing or something, she would be out ranked by virtually anyone. The only way for her to be captain would be if all the Starfleet officers were off the ship. Also, it is the captain who ultimately makes the mission a success or not as they're the ones who give the orders.

Syperphobia, keep in mind that Seven has no rank.  Unless the entire crew, short of Seven, Neelix, Icheb, and Namomi, had gone missing or something, she would be out ranked by virtually anyone.  The only way for her to be captain would be if all the Starfleet officers were off the ship.  Also, it is the captain who ultimately makes the mission a success or not as they're the ones who give the orders.

I was just thinking like if some extenous circumstance left her in charge...

I am not saying that she obtained this position through senority

what shall i say about tis, yes she would be a fine captain, no nonsence or disputes, they all will follow her orders,if not! than begging for mercy is futile :blink:

opinions?

In order for Seven to be Captain, she'd have to be the last person on the ship. :P

LOL!!! And no offense 7 lovers, I have to agree with CJLP.

Edited by borgdrone222

There'd have been a mutiny, like there almost was when Tuvok was in charge during Resolutions, but much, much worse, cos it would have been led by me, and the Maquis would definately have been with me. Insurrection Alpha would pale by comparison.

All I can say is that the ship would be more than efficient...

Too efficient...

All the systems would be efficient...

all I can say is that she can be on top of me :naughty:

[/i]Well, let's recount the episode "Omega." We'd all have borg Designations, with star fleet ranks incorperated. Harry would also be cleaning warp coils.

I really don't think she would assimilate someone. Partially because she wouldn't want to, because she liked voyager, but also because she couldn't after the doctor took all of her borg implants off (well not all of them, but you know what I mean. So yeah. :eekout:

Ditto, Spacetigger! :laugh:

I agree with just about everybody else here. Seven wouldn't make a good Captain at all..She doesn't have the people skills necessary to keep the crew's morale up..And the patience to get them back to Earth..And I don't even see what chain of events would have to happen in order for Seven to be Captain..What? Everyone gone but the Ensigns?!

Now, I believe Seven would make a fine Science Officer or Engineer but Captain? No way..

171922[/snapback]

If 7 was made captain, all the guys would not know how to do their jobs - especially the bridge crew cos they'll have their eyes on her instead of on their consoles and screen. She's really good looking anyway. I'd probably forget what my duties are too on the bridge. Besides, she always wears that figure hugging suit that would keep the mens eyes on her.

The ladies would, off course, plot to get rid of her due to jealousy. Torres would challenge her to a brawl and Janeway.... she'd ask Q to get rid of 7. Q off course would do anything for Janeway just to get her to sleep with him.

Really, its just another of my opinion but I think 7 is gorgeous if anything else. I have a non-Star Trek fan friend who records every Voy episode since 7 appeared because he loves her.

If 7 was made captain, all the guys would not know how to do their jobs - especially the bridge crew cos they'll have their eyes on her instead of on their consoles and screen. She's really good looking anyway. I'd probably forget what my duties are too on the bridge.  Besides, she always wears that figure hugging suit that would keep the mens eyes on her.

:innocent: :) i have to agree with you on that one Krysis ;):laugh:

7 would have acted just like Tuvok in Resolutions. Bland, unemotoinal, and with no feeling. I somewhat liked 7, but no thanks.