Sign in to follow this  
Capt.Vash

ENTERPRISE J = UGLY OR WHAT?

Mabe I just don't have any understanding of warp geometry but I think that the enterprise J looks like a step back in technological design and the advancemnet of science!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in the voy series we learn that by the 29th century there is time travel capability and by this time warp geometry has also changed severely

After having seen these ship and considering that the enerprise-j looks more like the TOS ent or the TNG enterprise it just doesn't make sense

carrion ! hehe dude....ill PM you soon with details about how to get it :P

also, the ENT-J is 400 years in the future, thus making it the 26th century..

Personally i think it still looks like the Enterprse NX,A,original,and E

Can someone please call George Lucas to get some ideas for how to design a Starship

Personally i think it still looks like the Enterprse NX,A,original,and E

Can someone please call George Lucas to get some ideas for how to design a Starship

Only if he promises not to touch the script. :P

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

Design is a matter of personal taste. As times change taste changes. Thus we have fads. Fads are tastes that exist for a short time and never regain popularity. Trends are styles the re occur (V neck shirts were popular, then unpopular, they came back, and now there are going away again) The same would apply to starship design. Perhaps the Ent-J shares simliarities with the Ent-D because that is the style at that time in the 26th century. As for your comment about the 29th century: even if the Ent-J was from that time (which it isn't) we don't know if it would be a timeship and we don't know if all timeships are super sleek. Perhaps there are several styles. Perhaps in the 29th Starfleet still uses standard saucer and nacell ships as well. Nobody ever said they didn't have just time ships... maybe they have starships as well! Open you mind man! Also, what we saw of the End-J was limited. We can't say what it truly looks like because what we saw was just a 2-D funny colored monitor shot of it. It might have crazy funky colors and might be longer that percieved by that screen shot.

the enterprise J is ugly because the Visual Arts Department and the visual arts director only had a limited budjet for that episode..and it wasn't going for great graphics on the wall of the set.

Mabe I just don't have any understanding of warp geometry but I think that the enterprise J looks like a step back in technological design and the advancemnet of science!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in the voy series we learn that by the 29th century there is time travel capability and by this time warp geometry has also changed severely

After having seen these ship and considering that the enerprise-j looks more like the TOS ent or the TNG enterprise it just doesn't make sense

Well, all we saw was a glowing "shape" of the ship for as a status-type screen. All we really see is the "shape" of the ship, which I thought was awesome! :hug:

the enterprise J is ugly because the Visual Arts Department and the visual arts director only had a limited budjet for that episode..and it wasn't going for great graphics on the wall of the set.

Exactly, budget constraints are the answer to most of Trek's problems. Lousy beancounters.

Design is a matter of personal taste.  As times change taste changes.  Thus we have fads.  Fads are tastes that exist for a short time and never regain popularity.  Trends are styles the re occur (V neck shirts were popular, then unpopular, they came back, and now there are going away again)  The same would apply to starship design.  Perhaps the Ent-J shares simliarities with the Ent-D because that is the style at that time in the 26th century.  As for your comment about the 29th century: even if the Ent-J was from that time (which it isn't) we don't know if it would be a timeship and we don't know if all timeships are super sleek.  Perhaps there are several styles.  Perhaps in the 29th Starfleet still uses standard saucer and nacell ships as well.  Nobody ever said they didn't have just time ships... maybe they have starships as well!  Open you mind man!  Also, what we saw of the End-J was limited.  We can't say what it truly looks like because what we saw was just a 2-D funny colored monitor shot of it.  It might have crazy funky colors and might be longer that percieved by that screen shot.

that is true captain bolivar. However I must agree it looks strikingly similar to the the enterprise-E. I do agree that it also seems that the technology has not advnced too much. I think that the writers should have used a 29th century plot base with braxton instead of Daniels. It would be logical as the 29th century us shown to be an age of time travel.

much love for the support!,

I just think that warp geometry would have changed at least a little after contact with the:

sulubon

borg

future ( 29th cen)

and other species what don't use the suacer + naccelle design