Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

It's OK to Cry

I don't usually cry, but there are times when things just are too much. And I find a good :huh: makes me feel so much better. :huh:

crying is good.. it makes you feel a lot better hell i cry .. i dont know that that rumor with ppl saying that guys cant cry is.. i dont believe that for a second i think that its good for everyone to cry

I agree that crying is probably very good for you, but I almost never do it anyway.. Don't know why, just don't feel like it I guess..

Crying is good for the soul man or woman if it hurts let it out :unsure:

I've never been the sort to break down and cry...well, except for when my mother died. usually, it's just a bad day to be a punching bag.

love the heavy bag. i want a new one that is one of the torso ones, put a face on it and go to town. :unsure: but for crying, hell ive done a lot of that in the last few months, but all in private, i never really let it out in where people can see it. i never let much out where people can see it. there are only a select few that hear my problems, i dont like to air my personal problems with anyone, well except for you people. but this is different. but yeah crying does let a lot out, ive found many a time after sitting losing it, a little while later, i feel a whole lot better.

There is a scripture in the old testament saying that God collects all our tears in a bottle. And in Revelation it says there is a time coming when there will be no more tears or crying.

The last time I cried was when my mother died.

The funny thing was when I broke down, I was having a talk with my daughter (who was 5 at the time) trying to explain the death of her grandmother (with whom she was very close). I remember looking at her and she had this expression on her face like "wow, I have never seen this before." :unsure:

I don't cry much, but then I don't usually have much to cry about.

Last time I cried was tonight during The Passion of the Christ, I lost it when Jesus said to His mom while he was carrying the cross: "Look mother, I make all things new again!".

I haven't had any reason to cry in the last several years, so I haven't (though as AE brought up, I came close once or twice in The Passion). I'm not really a crier, but there's nothing wrong w/ it no matter who you are.

Crying is good for the soul,but it also a release mechanisam that allows the bad/hurt we feel to come out.

Two many men dont/wont cry and that can sometimes lead to an explosive emotion and then more than one person ends up hurting.

It really is ok for guys to cry.

I tear up during sentimental/emotional scenes/music/stories, but I seldom cry about life. Funerals of family members are the obvious exceptions. A few subjects will, if I let them, make me cry, but I try to steer conversations away from those subjects - they're not earth-shattering to anyone but me. I try (the funeral thing aside again), never, never, NEVER to cry in front of ANY other human being.

Besides, far from the emotional release others seem to feel, tears very seldom make me feel better. And I get a two-day pounding headache for my trouble.

I tear up during sentimental/emotional scenes/music/stories, but I seldom cry about life.  Funerals of family members are the obvious exceptions.  A few subjects will, if I let them, make me cry, but I try to steer conversations away from those subjects - they're not earth-shattering to anyone but me.  I try (the funeral thing aside again), never, never, NEVER to cry in front of ANY other human being. 

Besides, far from the emotional release others seem to feel, tears very seldom make me feel better.  And I get a two-day pounding headache for my trouble.

I agree. I don't think it's OK to cry, at least not over just anything. It has to be fairly cataclysmic for me to break down, and even then I'll try not to. It has to be a death, a traumatic end to a relationship, some kind of family problem, losing a job or something along those lines. There's no place for every day crying and it can really bring down the people around you and drain their emotional strength (as well as their patience).

I find that coping with problems by coming up with a plan about how to overcome them or move on after a failure puts me on the road to feeling better a lot more quickly than moping about for a few days. I also like to get exercise during hard times (maybe go for a run or practice karate) - it's a great way to release energy and do something positive at the same time.

People also tend not to be very level-headed when they're crying and are prone to making silly statements and bad choices that can be rather trying on the patience of anyone who has to listen to them moaning. Also, I've seen people use tears to manipulate on more than one occasion, so I really take it all with a grain of salt when someone breaks down these days.

I believe that crying is absolutely necessary to resolving emotional crisis in my life. When I lost my husband, I kept everything inside, I wanted to be strong for our children and to show my family and friends that I would survive. Through that mistaken concern, I did not come to term with my grief. I was slowly filled with a rage and anger that festered inside me for years, which then began to manifest itself through my thoughts and actions. In short, I became a real B%&$#!

After 3 years of progressively increasing anger, I was directed to a counselor who helped me tremendously to come to terms with the grief that was never expressed. I had a lot of really good cries during that time, and I believe that the crying had a lot to do with the "cleansing" of my soul, and the acceptance of his death. I was pretty weepy for a while but, my behavior and thoughts became more on a par with other "normal" people. (At least I like to think so.. lol)

That's about enough from me. Thank you for letting me share.

People should know that crying is the body's way of naturally releasing stress chemicals known as endorphins. So the more you cry the less stress you actually have. I try to have a nice cry at least once a week.

Yes, I think crying is very good. It's a healthy release of emotion........And everything a tear is shed, it's not always because of sadness. People cry when they are happy too.