Sign in to follow this  
Abakai2003

Something i'd not considered before

In ST IV Spock as a vulcan has a problem with swearing.

yet in ST II at the very begining Savic upon hearing the number of crew the KM has say quite natuarly "Damn".

It might not be so much being Vulcan as upbringing. If your taught to never swear it's hard to force yourself to do it. I can see Amanda and Serek teaching Spock not to swear. I may be way off, just thinking. I never noticed that before either.

in the cut scenes from Star Trek II, it establishes Saavik as being Half Romulan. also, there was a scene in STIII that never made it in which Saavik and David made love, and Saavik tells david "Romulans have an insatiable appetite for this"

Yeah, they also establish one of the cadets to be scotty's nephew or something, STII has a lot of it, i just don't think they caught it, and i dont think that spock really has a problem with swearing in IV since Kirk does say something like, " you should refrain from using [colourful medaphors]..." but afterwards he says "one damned minute admiral.. i think he liked it :dude:

Did Savvik's "half-Romulan" scenes make it back into the movie? If not, then I wouldn't consider it cannon. RC's comment on Spock's upbringing being why he has trouble cursing seems logical. Also, I always thought that while Savvik was a full blooded Vulcan, she embraced her emotions just enough to not seem condescending toward her Human crewmates.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Also, I always thought that while Savvik was a full blooded Human, she embraced her emotions just enough to not seem condescending toward her Human crewmates.

Don't you mean Savvik was a full blooded Vulcan?

I also had heard that Savvik was half Romulan but that never made it to the movies..I also tend to agree with RC..It's more about upbringing..

Also, I always thought that while Savvik was a full blooded Human, she embraced her emotions just enough to not seem condescending toward her Human crewmates.

Don't you mean Savvik was a full blooded Vulcan?

I also had heard that Savvik was half Romulan but that never made it to the movies..I also tend to agree with RC..It's more about upbringing..

Oops. :dude: *edits*