Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Household Income?

I couldn't think of a better place for this poll, so here it is. what is your household income level?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. I couldn't think of a better place for this poll, so here it is. what is your household income level?

• US $25,000 or lower
    • US $25,001-$50,000
    • US $50,001-$75,000
    • US $75,000-$100,000
    • US $100,001 and up

Since it has been proven that Trekkies are generally better educated, I wanted to see if they made more money on average, too. According to the US Census, the Mean household income in 2000 was $41,994 (US Census Bureau)

My household income is in the $75,001-$100,000 range.

Stardate:214199.9

As my uncle used to say "We po folk"

$20,000 or less for us.Being dirt poor sucks but oh well so is everybody else around here

what's one of the sideeffects of owning a business. you make alot of money, but alot of it seems to get tossed back into the business.

I believe how much money a person makes is nobody else's business. It has nothing to do with who they are so why should anyone care?

O.K., I can lie, if that's ok, I make a Gazillion dollars a year, alright, you happy now? ^_^

Okay, I took a quick average, using 100,000 for the top range, 75,000 for the next, 25,000 for the next lowest with votes, and 20,000 for the final range, the average is $54,444.44. so the theory is proven at this point.

Like I stated, I was just testing a theory. right now, it looks as though the theory is accurate.

My dad's not a trekkie. He just worked hard and got a break, my parents used to both work full time jobs and my dad a part-time one too just to feed us. Then he got a good job, then later went to start his own business. RikerChick, the amount of money you make can greatly impact who you are, I personally believe that a lot of times poverty makes hard working individuals.

So that will effect the numbers, Nemesis. if I had taken this poll at a Trek Convention, do you guys think the numbers would be similar?

So that will effect the numbers, Nemesis. if I had taken this poll at a Trek Convention, do you guys think the numbers would be similar?

Not sure, this isn't a very controlled experiment. I don't think trekkies are higher educated, nice to think that, but really I don't think it's true.

surveys taken at trek conventions, as well as by Paramount, shows that the average Trekkie is in the 40 year old range, is female (the percentage of trekkies who are female is higher than the population percentage of females.) and trekkies average at least a bachelor's degree. if you compare trekkies to...say....NYPD Blue fans, you will find a higher precentage of Trekkies have at least a 4 year degree.

OH MY ^_^

LOL

Mine's Canadian$'s it doesn't count.....

I forgot about that, sheesh. I make under $25000 then ^_^

This is a bad thread to have started... Bad form.

^_^

Agreed headshake.gif This is about as tactful IMO as starting a thread asking people how much they weigh. The simple answer is it's none of your business.

BEAN COUNTERS! :) ^_^ B)

YOU CAN ^_^ NOW, you have sufficiently irritated enough people

I think with the numbers here, have sufficiently proven the theory, so I can conclude this poll and gather my results, if the mods so wish.

I make $27,500 a year after taxes. I live alone, and I dont care who knows, or who makes more or less. I am me, and I am happy with that.

Lol. I'm not sure what the conversion is between Canadian Dollars and US Dollars, but it can't be that far off.

Actually its has been getting better lately...so much that I

bought some US$ as an investment...cause our Government

will do something soon to drop it down again.....We holiday in the US

a lot and its nice to be prepared.

I think with the numbers here,  have sufficiently proven the theory, so I can conclude this poll and gather my results, if the mods so wish.

Okee dokee I'll close the thread. I'm not sure if your theory has been proven. How do you know the people who voted didn't lie about what they make. I did...or maybe I didn't. eplus2.gif