Sign in to follow this  
Klingonmike

I'm moving....again!

I am moving up to the Outer Banks of North Carolina at the end of April. The Outer Banks is just a couple of hours away from Virginia Beach and Norfolk is the nearest big city so I'll be up that way from time to time once I move ( "Hey Jethro, lets go visit the big city, maybe there is a cement pond!")

I'll be working for "The Lost Colony" outdoor drama, VBG maybe I can swing you a couple of free tickets if you want. I'll keep you posted.

I lived on the Outer Banks before for 11 years and was a Disc Jockey for a popular country radio station in Nags Head.

For those that don't know much about the Outer Banks, they are the barrior islands off the coast of North Carolina. I will be living on Roanoke Island where the show is performed.

The show is about the Englishmens first colony in America, but the entire colony of 115 men women and children vanished, no sign of what happened to them has ever been found hence the name "The Lost Colony" Please feel free to check out the story on your computer at: http://www.coastalguide.com/packet/lostcolony01.htm

there are a few other sites about the LC and I encourage you to read about it. Its still one of the great mysteries of America.

You will love it, klingonmike! I vacation in the OBX almost every year... it's so beautiful. To me who's been living in gorgeous northern Virginia all my life, it is the only place I've ever visited where I would like to live, other than here. :wow: Good luck.

I am sure you will like living in North Carolina. I have had some of the best neighbors a person could ask for here.

hey good luck klingonmike. maybe we can all be neighbors. i know my aunt, and my uncle talk about the OBX and i want to check them out. according to my aunt thats the place to go when you live in norfolk, or VB, not so commercialized. definately a place i want to visit thought. well hope the move goes well for you and good luck with the new job.

I haven't been down there for about 10 years. I've meant to just haven't had time.

They usually get hit the hardest when we get a good hurricane too.

nc1.gif

Hope you have a safe move, KM, and that ya like living in NC again. :)