Which Series has the best theme song  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which Series has the best theme song

• TOS
    • TNG
    • DS9
    • VOY
    • ENT

It was VOY, but I chose ENT cause I sing along with the words.... "It's been a long road.... Gettin from there to here... It's been a long timee.... hehehehe" :drool:

For me it is a tie between the ENT theme from seasons 1 and 2 and the ENT theme from seasons 3 and 4. The upbeat tempo of the latter helped to capture the mood of the series at the time. :whistling:

IMO I never really thought that Enterprise's theme fit the mood of the show. I agree that the theme did have an upbeat tempo, however I thought the show was pretty gritty. Watching say Next Gen vs. Enterprise, it was Next Gen that was upbeat not Enterprise. I know Enterprise has its loyal fan base, it just never grabbed my attention me like the 4 other series did and of course this is only IMO.

Voyager.

BTW did you know it won an Emmy?

I voted Voyager, because I like very much the entire initial scene with the planets.... :RC:

Voyager for me also.

I like all of them.

My ranking: ENT (the old version) - VOY - DS9

That would be the order for me too

It is surprising to see ENT doing so well. I would have thought that is was not liked by many. Personally, I thought when they changed the style of the theme song to much so that it was no longer like the others, then it didn’t seem like Star Trek.

It is surprising to see ENT doing so well. I would have thought that is was not liked by many. Personally, I thought when they changed the style of the theme song to much so that it was no longer like the others, then it didn’t seem like Star Trek.

I agree. I like the song, it's just not a good ST theme.

I actually like ENT theme. If you listen careful it really sets up what the whole series is about. Yes, it a break from the tradition music of Star Trek, but no so much that it could not be welcomed.

I actually like ENT theme. If you listen careful it really sets up what the whole series is about. Yes, it a break from the tradition music of Star Trek, but no so much that it could not be welcomed.

I agree it does fit the series extremly well. I just think it should have been in the credits or something like that instead of the opening theme.

Then no one would have listen to song. They would have changed the channel as soon as the program ended.

Then no one would have listen to song. They would have changed the channel as soon as the program ended.

You're right. Most people don't watch all credits like I do.

Edited by PhaseSniper

You're right. Most people don't watch all credits like I do.

I watch the end credits most of the time. Mostly with movies, but somehow I watched the end credits for the Star Trek Series. I have notice that many people that started out in their move up in production.

TNG. It's somewhat martial (but not a march) to get your blood-pumping, but it holds a certain reverence to it, too. I love the full orchestral sound to it.

Followed by TOS

Then DS9/VOY (they both sound very similar)

I hate "Faith Of The Heart." Sorry.

Then DS9/VOY (they both sound very similar)

I always thought the DS9 theme had a ring of we are going to save money by not hiring a good composer and I thought Voyager's theme and a ring of we are going to do this right and pay a big time composer to do something great.

I hate "Faith Of The Heart." Sorry.

I hear that. :unsure:

Enterprise

cause TOS/TNG had the opening taglines from the Captains but in TNG updated it abit

DS9/Voyager great instrumental music for both shows

Enterprise had a more contemporary feel to it as its sung by a Singer

that and i also have the CD soundtrack from the series (Russell Watson the extended Album version of the opening music to Enterprise later changed to "Star Trek:Enterprise").

Enterprise had a more contemporary feel to it as its sung by a Singer

that and i also have the CD soundtrack from the series (Russell Watson the extended Album version of the opening music to Enterprise later changed to "Star Trek:Enterprise").

This is only IMO, but that exact contemporary feel is probably going to get dated more so that the other themes.