Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

A Kinder, gentler Startrek.Net

The tone in here seems to changing to more of a friendly and supportive group than of one willing to rip each others face off. This is nice. :clap:

Rip faces off hehehehehe

Go to the Kronos board,Jean

Its literally HELL

Click for Spoiler:

av-812.jpg

Never been to Kronos...

I think things have been improving also, Jean.

Click for Spoiler:

desert7.jpg

tzintro1-1.giftzintro1-2.giftzintro2.giftzintro3.gif

:clap::clap::assimilated::assimilated:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

Doctor Who: The Best Links

USS Aurora NX-19 of the year 2154 AD

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

320x240.jpg

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

aurora.jpg

Just one warning, though. Kronos does contain some very controversial things. if you might be offended by the content there, or if you are perticularly offended by what a certain person says, use your own common sense.

I guess I haven't been here long enough, everyone has been friendly

and nice, it's great, I love the joking around. :clap:

Ever since VBG started this board, we have tried out best to maintain a friendly, welcoming community. These are the only boards I've been to that I think of as a true community. I'm trying to remember exactly how Minuette phrased her comments to Picard in 11001001. To sort of paraphrase, the captain sets the tone for how a crew reacts and responds to each other. I think her description fits VBG as well.

Guest Ktrek

I'm sorry Jeanway but I'm not sure what you are referring to. I have been a member for almost a year and I have always found the fans friendly and courteous. Perhaps it's you that has had a perception that is unfounded and now your perspective has changed and you are seeing the board the way it has always been? I have visited many Star Trek boards in the last 15 years on the Internet, and Bulletin Board services before that, and StarTrekFans.Net is the most fan friendly I have ever found. THANKS VBG for such a great place to play! :clap::clap:

Ktrek

I'm sorry Jeanway but I'm not sure what you are referring to. I have been a member for almost a year and I have always found the fans friendly and courteous. Perhaps it's you that has had a perception that is unfounded and now your perspective has changed and you are seeing the board the way it has always been? I have visited many Star Trek boards in the last 15 years on the Internet, and Bulletin Board services before that, and StarTrekFans.Net is the most fan friendly I have ever found. THANKS VBG for such a great place to play! :clap:  :assimilated:

Ktrek

EEwww, OUCH, Ktrek, no need to pinch :clap: I was just trying to say something nice and again you and I butt heads. Perhaps this kind of unexpected retort is not very common on here. But I do seem to remember you and I having different views in the past.

I'm about a hillbilly's heartbeat from giving up on posting. there is one person who, even if I post a warning, will read what I post and then try and get me in trouble.

I'm with you Jim, if this is kinder, gentler I'm glad I wasn't here before the change. Some of the mods here seem to be closet fascists. And now I'm interested to see how long this post survives.

Stardate:214191.8

Nevermind I just corrected myself :clap:

Edited by Goose

Guest Ktrek

EEwww, OUCH, Ktrek, no need to pinch :clap:  I was just trying to say something nice and again you and I butt heads. Perhaps this kind of unexpected retort is not very common on here. But I do seem to remember you and I having different views in the past.

I'm sorry that you seem to misinterpret what is actually being said on the boards but I think it's really a matter of perception and how you want to read into peoples posts. If you wear negative glasses then you will always perceive people as attcking you personally and as you say "butt heads". If you wear "positive" colored glasses the you will not be so inclined to self defense and be hurt by what comments others make that may be in direct opposition to your own point of view. Written words are hard to use to convey right thoughts without people misunderstanding. Especially since we cannot see the persons face and probe their thoughts more closely to find out what the real intention is. I'm sorry, I never meant to convey that you were not being kind or nice only that I think your perception has been wrong. Startrek.com had/has a lot of these types of issues and if what you are saying is true, which I have not seen, then it is a very recent phenomenon and not what has characterized this board from the beginning. Maybe I do not read the right threads or something?

Ktrek

PS. BTW we have only "Butted" heads on one occasion that I can recall and that was more of a misunderstanding on your part than mine. :clap:

I'm with you Jim, if this is kinder, gentler I'm glad I wasn't here before the change. Some of the mods here seem to be closet fascists. And now I'm interested to see how long this post survives.

You'd be surprised at how hard it can be to try to keep the peace when you have people from more then 70 countries coming together to discuss everything from your favorite color to the death penalty.

One thing you have to keep in mind. Everyone that helps out on this board is a volunteer. No one is being paid to do what we do and a couple of us have to pay monthly fees to keep the site going. So try to keep that in mind when calling us fascists.

Now I know I am about to catch he*l for this but I noticed that this place got a lopt more rowdy when st.com board shut down.Is it a coicedence that after they all came over here things started getting heated.I think not.I'm not saying its everyonce that came over but facts are facts.

It seems a little bit of the badlands have migrated over here.

:braces self for barrage of coments sure to come:

I didn't say all the mods or even a significant number. A few bad apples is all it takes though. From now on maybe I should include a disclaimer with all of my posts. :clap:

Now I know I am about to catch he*l for this but I noticed that this place got a lopt more rowdy when st.com board shut down.Is it a coicedence that after they all came over here things started getting heated.I think not.I'm not saying its everyonce that came over but facts are facts.

It seems a little bit of the badlands have migrated over here.

:braces self for barrage of coments sure to come:

About time someone spoke up! :clap:

HEY, HEY, HEY, PEOPLE, calm down. This is not a kinder gentler way for all of us to act. Now i'm sorry I started this darn thread. Just stop it, look what your doing!!! And I was one of those .Com people, by the way, just so you know. This is that kind of Mob mentality that used to be over there, now cut-it-out, geeze, we don't need Mods right now, we need a referee. :clap:

Jim, I'm sorry I started all this. Here again, no good deed goes unpunished.

:clap::assimilated::clap:

I give up. :waaaa: I make a post and people take it the wrong way. At this point I just don't care anymore. :tear:

I've never had problems with your posts, you've made some nice points.

ive got no problems with anyone here, ive always felt like this is an online home for me, where i can post and talk with friends of common and not so commone interests. after all if we all thought, talked, and acted the same it would be one hell of a boring life, world that we live in.

PEACE