Sign in to follow this  
stoned_vulcan

Troubles with the boards

i keep getting weird things when im on these message boards it keeps saying that the connection to the server has been lost or whatever so i have to refresh the page and occasionally when i try to post messages it takes me a few times of retyping the post before it works is there something i can do to improve this or is this just my comps fault?

It happens far too often and it started today for me, the smileys arent downloading properly even while im typing this message some of them have those 'x' symbols and it keeps saying it cannot find the server every few times i try to get around on the site as for posting it happens once every third time or so.....

The last two days when I hit reply it will send me to the main page and my post never shows up. :clap: Doesn't happen all the time but it's getting annoying. This never happened before.

Now I'm getting little red x's everywhere. :clap: They go back to normal when I click show picture but that's weird.

Yet another edit. I just got the same error he's talking about. If I get it again I'll get a screen shot so you can see it VBG.

Edited by RikerChick

I just tried several other games and I can't reply to any of them.

I had to try posting this twice before it went through. Every time I hit reply I got this...."Warning: post(./sources/lib/post_parser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/startrek/public_html/sources/Post.php on line 54

"

Edited by RikerChick

Ok, I had a modification that I installed about 2 days ago and I have uninstalled it now. I don't know if that was causing the problems or not but hopefully the errors will stop now.

I just tried several other games and I can't reply to any of them.

I had to try posting this twice before it went through. Every time I hit reply I got this...."Warning: post(./sources/lib/post_parser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/startrek/public_html/sources/Post.php on line 54

"

You probably were posting at the same time I was uninstalling a modification. Try now and see how it does.

testing

Went right through :clap:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I still can't reply on any games. :clap:

Edited by RikerChick

How ironic!

I was trying to post large images and they came up small so I had to put a link to it so people could read it and I thought 'VBG should really get rid of that resize thing.'

Spooky. :clap:

When I'd post a picture in the games forum for the "Caption This!" thread, it would shrink.  Then it wouldn't work due to errors, now it's big like on the web site I found it on.  What the shrinking picture part of the failed upgrade?

Yes I installed something that would resize large pictures in an attempt to make it so we don't have to use Spoilers for big Pics. The modification caused problems so I uninstalled it.

Does all this have anything to do with the spoiler feature not working in sigs?