Sign in to follow this  
Star Trek Fan

New Rule for stf.net, this rule is a MUST HAVE!

There are too many people with zero posts and the only reason they are here is for the chat room. Also, there are hundreds of people who joined, but have never posted, and haven't even been to this website in months. I think that there should be some rule saying that people have to be just barely somewhat active. Maybe only one post per month should be required. Please voice your opinion on this.

That's great, Harry, but what about the folks like Gary Phaserman, who can't get in here because they are in Iraq and their Commanding Officer won't let em?

I think that is someone was active in the past, and they are no longer active, like Gary Phaserman, thye should be given more time than someone with no posts, but you do have a good point.

HMM ok but some ppl like just to chat its not easy sometimes thinking about

what to say in a thread!!!

P.S I POST LIKE HELL..LOL

Well all you need would be like one post a month or something.

Edited by harrykim

Well all you need would be like one post a month or something.

I anit diagreeing with you and anit agreeing with you but thats up to

the ppl how come here its there choice.

JUST AN IDEA.

PM the person on, lets say, a 90 day absence. I know my pm's come right to my inbox in my internet carrier. What if someone is no longer with us, I mean, here on earth? Do you keep him or her in the list of members, indefinatley? State in the beginning, maybe during registration, you could mention something like that? Put them in an inactive list, then after another length of time, say 30 days, delete them.

JUST AN IDEA.

PM the person on, lets say, a 90 day absence. I know my pm's come right to my inbox in my internet carrier.  What if someone is no longer with us, I mean, here on earth? Do you keep him or her in the list of members, indefinatley? State in the beginning, maybe during registration, you could mention something like that? Put them in an inactive list, then after another length of time, say 30 days, delete them.

.....Hmmm... But what if they went on a vacation or something and couldnt get on here? and they where gone for a couple of months? then what? and what if someones dad died(like admiral peewee) and they didnt come on for a year, then all of a sudden showed up?

There are too many people with zero posts and the only reason they are here is for the chat room. Also, there are hundreds of people who joined, but have never posted, and haven't even been to this website in months. I think that there should be some rule saying that people have to be just barely somewhat active.  Maybe only one post per month should be required. Please voice your opinion on this.

I don't think that is very likely harrykim. Neither would it be right or proper for us to stipulate how often someone posts as that is a decision for the individual. The best way to encourage people to come here is to ensure that STARTREKFANS.NET remains the interesting and friendly place that it always has been.

JUST AN IDEA.

PM the person on, lets say, a 90 day absence. I know my pm's come right to my inbox in my internet carrier.  What if someone is no longer with us, I mean, here on earth? Do you keep him or her in the list of members, indefinatley? State in the beginning, maybe during registration, you could mention something like that? Put them in an inactive list, then after another length of time, say 30 days, delete them.

.....Hmmm... But what if they went on a vacation or something and couldnt get on here? and they where gone for a couple of months? then what? and what if someones dad died(like admiral peewee) and they didnt come on for a year, then all of a sudden showed up?

I have a better idea. There are many sections: Ships Crew, Starfleet Command, Brig, etc... We should add another section: Inactive. When someone posts while they are "inactive," they go back to ships crew. I also think that when someone joins, they should have two options, chat mode or normal mode. Normal mode is the same, but in chat mode, you are in the "chat" section.

(Also, what is the brig on stf.net? Just Curious.)

Edited by harrykim

It's always just an option to post. I would love to see every member that's registered post once or twice per day or more. BUt some people just like to read what others have written. For whatever reason they don't want to step out of the shadows, and that's ok. It might be shyness, or a fear that they will be flamed or have some of the same things that happen at ST.COM happen to them here.

Traffic and posting on the board is going up every week and month. We're setting new records for the site all the time and as we go along, those that lurk in the shadows will slowly come out from time to time and talk.

In the mean time, everyone just keep posting great stuff and that will entice them out.

for instance I forgot about STF.net for about a 1/2 year but then some one sent me a message and I started posting every day again!

Just to be cleas and there is no confusion, there is no "Rule" that says anyone "has" to post. This thread was simply created as a suggested rule.

What's wrong with just coming in to chat? I really want to know. I post alot, as you can see, just fyi.

I don't ever go to the chat rooms, and would not want to be required to in order to participate. I don't think people who go to the chat rooms should have to post if they do not want to. I think the current policy is the correct one.

I think some people who join never intended to post...just wanted to read things related to Star Trek. That was my original intent, and I think those who want to join and "lurk" should also be able to do that in peace.

I don't ever go to the chat rooms, and would not want to be required to in order to participate. I don't think people who go to the chat rooms should have to post if they do not want to. I think the current policy is the correct one.

I think some people who join never intended to post...just wanted to read things related to Star Trek. That was my original intent, and I think those who want to join and "lurk" should also be able to do that in peace.

I'll let this be the last word on the issue since there is no such rule that people MUST post I don't want there to be any confusion that there is. Anyone wishing to just read is more then welcome to do so and if they wish to post from time to time that'll be great but they don't have to.