Sign in to follow this  
Garzo

Resurrecting James Kirk

I know, it's a corny topic, but it's being widely discussed in the Enterprise forum in connection to a possible appearance by William Shatner in Enterprise.

If it does happen, Shatner could end up playing a Kirk ancestor, or the writers could find a way to negate the events of Generations.

Ignoring Shatner's own resurrection in his Star Trek novel, I think an easy and "logical" way to explain Shatner's continued existance would be by way of Nexus. We never actually found out what Nexus was exactly. We know it was somekind of interdimensional plain whose properties remain a mystery. Who's to say that once inside the Nexus, a person cannot end up living in multiplie parallel realities within this zone? What if the Kirk that helped Picard was but one Kirk that left the Nexus, while the Nexus itself, like somekind of cosmic computer virus, simply multiplied or copied its content, making it possible for many different Kirks to continue living on parallel strands within the Nexus on various dimensional plains? They are all the same Kirk, however, so it would theoritcally possible to bring him back this way, but whether it's a good idea, especially for Enterprise, is a whole other topic.

I know, it's a corny topic, but it's being widely discussed in the Enterprise forum in connection to a possible appearance by William Shatner in Enterprise.

If it does happen, Shatner could end up playing a Kirk ancestor, or the writers could find a way to negate the events of Generations.

Ignoring Shatner's own resurrection in his Star Trek novel, I think an easy and "logical" way to explain Shatner's continued existance would be by way of Nexus. We never actually found out what Nexus was exactly. We know it was somekind of interdimensional plain whose properties remain a mystery. Who's to say that once inside the Nexus, a person cannot end up living in multiplie parallel realities within this zone? What if the Kirk that helped Picard was but one Kirk that left the Nexus, while the Nexus itself, like somekind of cosmic computer virus, simply multiplied or copied its content, making it possible for many different Kirks to continue living on parallel strands within the Nexus on various dimensional plains? They are all the same Kirk, however, so it would theoritcally possible to bring him back this way, but whether it's a good idea, especially for Enterprise, is a whole other topic.

with all the work that Mr Shatner is doing do you think he needs to come back as kirk,he did kill him off ten years ago........... :martok:

To everything there is a season. Now don't you think he has had his? Let the poor man rest.

The point of my topic, folks, is not whether Kirk SHOULD be brought back, but rather HOW.

Personally, I don't think it's necessary to bring him back at all nor do I think it's a good idea for him to appear on Enterprise as himself or his great grandfather (aside from the ratings boost it would surely bring).

As I said in my previous post, this is something people have been discussing on other boards and it simply made me think, in theoritical terms, how one could bring Kirk back.

I know he was brought back to life by Shatner himelf in some ghost-written Trek novel of his, but the way in which he supposedly came back sounded even more corny than my own idea for his resurrection (although I haven't read that book).

It's nothing more than a little theoretical exercise really, geek mental masturbation, if you will. :garak:

How about he comes back on screen? I mean on the screen on movie night. He'd be a perfect fit for "cheesy movie night." He could ham it up and mock himself in some send-off of a Trek-like film doing a parody of some famous scene.

How about he comes back on screen?  I mean on the screen on movie night.  He'd be a perfect fit for "cheesy movie night."  He could ham it up and mock himself in some send-off of a Trek-like film doing a parody of some famous scene.

they better bring him back soon,he is 70 some thing........... :garak:

The writers would not have any problem finding a way to ressurect Kirk, but I hope they don't. He has done his part, let's move on..

I hope they dont resurrect kirk for many reasons, one of which is that it is Kirk, he belongs with bones and spock.. not in Enterprise, let the man rest, his death scene wasn't powerful in Gens so i wonder if shatner is crying about that? I dont think he should come back.