• Archer
    • T'Pol
    • Trip
    • Reed
    • Mayweather
    • Hoshi
    • Phlox
    • None!

In TNG, DS9 and Voyager they lost a character or 2 and didn't miss a beat.

On TNG they lost Tasha and Wesley and I think the show got better.

On DS9 they lost Jadzia and gained Ezri it was a bit of a trade off in my opinion. I liked both.

On Voyager they lost Kes and gained Seven then near the end lost Nelix but that one really doesn't count.

Who could Enterprise lose and get better without, or do they really need to leave well enough alone?

(I like it the way it is)

I like the crew as is. If they lose someone because an actor wants to leave (like Denise Crosby or Terry Farrell) there isn't really anything that can be done but I don't think they should change the crew for change sake. I can't really think of a personality type that could be brought in that would improve the current mix.

I voted none, i like the show as is. From what i understand everyone on the show likes being there, so i can't see a character leaving anytime soon.

I too voted none. (Almost) every time a character leaves it feels like they are leaving because of trouble behind the scenes, I hate that.

Guest Ktrek

Here I am on the side of controversy again and the minority BUT I would like to see Archer killed off in a blaze of glory and bring Trip in promoted to captain. Archer is too weak and unstable as a captain. I think Trip's go get em style would fit closer to the TOS type of captain. Archer is too TNG/Picard type to be believable.

Ktrek

All the characters are needed and essential.

The chemistry is there and they need to grow and the characters need to be developed as they are going to be.

Archer has gone from a "HI there!. I'm an explorer be my friend!" to "Who goes there friend of foe?" he is becoming a real Starship Captain.

I voted none as well.  They should keep all 7 characters, and maybe add an Andorrian to the cast. :o

That would be interesting but when did Andoria join the Federation... well come to think of it the Federation isn't in existance yet so that lets out an Andorian for now as a crew member. BUt I would like to see more of Shran in the future.

I voted for Mayweather, not because i don't like him, but just that at this moment in the show's run he is the only character that i feel is despensable. Hopefully they will remedy that, as i'm sure that he has great potential, and everyone seems pretty enthusiastic about the latest episode that he was a main part of. But really i wouldn't want to see anyone leave the show as i think that they all gel so well together and make such a great team :) .

Could they lose? - any character except Archer and Trip and not suffer any for it.

Should they lose? - Hoshi- my apologies to the Hoshi fans but then I gather most of her fans only see the eye candy aspect of her character. Ask yourself how you would like a male character that was a constant whiny, cry-baby?

I think they could lose Phlox and get a better docter that can relate to the crew more. I've just never liked his character much at all. I will admit however that next weeks episode looks pretty awesome and it apperes to focus manly on the docter. I was willing to give him a chance, and I think that two years is more than fare. The two years is almost up, so we'll see if he can redeem himself in my eyes.

Should they lose? - Hoshi- my apologies to the Hoshi fans but then I gather most of her fans only see the eye candy aspect of her character.  Ask yourself how you would like a male character that was a constant whiny, cry-baby?

Not to preach but only to respond; Eye Candy? No, that is not how I see Hoshi, she is cute but that is not why she is there in my opinion, she is there cause 1. Archer wanted her there and 2. (Because of reasons in Archer's and Hoshi's back stories which have not been divulged yet which, has something to do with a promise I believe Archer made to someone regarding her

Whiny crybaby? Remember she did not want to go on this mission she was drafted so her attitude is not without merit. :)

I like Mayweather! He's my favourite character! I vote for Phlox - the latest star treks seem to be having problems with the doctors (god I hated Teh Doctor)

If they could lose anyone, it would be Hoshi, just whining.. She doesn't have to die at all, just return to earth, as she seems to want to at most times...

I think they need Phlox. The Enterprise is in uncharted territory for humans and they need a doctor who has experience and knowledge of illnesses from other worlds. A human doctor could treat the crew for earth illnesses what experience would this doctor have trying to treat illnesses contracted from other species or in helping species that the Enterprise encounters.

I think they need Phlox.  The Enterprise is in uncharted territory for humans and they need a doctor who has experience and knowledge of illnesses from other worlds.  A human doctor could treat the crew for earth illnesses what experience would this doctor have trying to treat illnesses contracted from other species or in helping species that the Enterprise encounters.

I know that is why Archer asked him to be on Enterprise in the first place but still. If Hoshi can learn any alien language just be listening to it once or twice than I think it would be easier to believe that some human doctor could figure out any sickness on any spices.

Whiny crybaby? Remember she did not want to go on this mission she was drafted so her attitude is not without merit.

Actually she just didn't want to go at that time - she told Archer she'd be all his in three weeks. Besides She enlisted in Star Fleet - she didn't know that would involve space flight?

I voted for Reed. Not because I want to see him go, but if I had to chose one he would be it. I love all the characters. If one of them had to to I would definitely say Reed. Of all the characters he is my least favorite. He is a little to gun ho.

That would be interesting but when did Andoria join the Federation... well come to think of it the Federation isn't in existance yet so that lets out an Andorian for now as a crew member. BUt I would like to see more of Shran in the future.

As far as when the Andorians joined the Federation. According to "The Worlds of the Ferderation" The Federation will be formed by Earth, Vulcan, and Tellar, and the Andorians will be the next race to join the ranks making it the fourth member of the federation.

from what i have seen we could do without Mayweather, he doesn't seem to contribute much, but i live in australia and we are way behind; apparently he will eventually, perhaps already has in your timeline!

In general i like it when the charcters change a bit, it gives it more realism and changes the dynamic.

For some reason the poll thinks I already voted and wouldn't let me vote. Anyway, I'd have to say T'Pol. I realize she's a favorite to many, and maybe her acting is improving a bit, but to me she's simply not what a Vulcan should be. She looks so ridiculous in that outfit, and her various implants just distract. I can't take her seriously and it angers me that the producers are using such a cheap gag to attract teenage male viewers. It just confirms the worst stereotypes of Hollywood producers and degrades the show. Maybe if they dressed her down and gave her a less-revealing jumpsuit it would be better.

For some reason the poll thinks I already voted and wouldn't let me vote. Anyway, I'd have to say T'Pol. I realize she's a favorite to many, and maybe her acting is improving a bit, but to me she's simply not what a Vulcan should be. She looks so ridiculous in that outfit, and her various implants just distract. I can't take her seriously and it angers me that the producers are using such a cheap gag to attract teenage male viewers. It just confirms the worst stereotypes of Hollywood producers and degrades the show. Maybe if they dressed her down and gave her a less-revealing jumpsuit it would be better.

I agree it was a lapse in logic to make a Vulcan the character they chose as a sex toy - not that I think they should have any - but it certainly shouldn't be a Vulcan. I really couldn't stand her at first; but in truth if they gave her a real uniform and got rid of the "switching chromosome" banter between her and Archer I think I could like her as a character. I think it has helped that she and Trip had a couple of scenes last week. They have a sort of friendly antagonism that is great to watch. I liked the line in Horzizon where she suggested he could use the free time practicing his harmonica - she obviously didn't think too highly of harmonicas.

Hey...not that anyone would ever vote this way, but why isn't

Porthos

on that list?

He is a character right? I believe that he is deserving of

his own episode here shortly.

Ok..enough of that drug-induced rant. I voted for Mayweather orginally,

however, I want to retract my vote after seeing "The Breach" last night.

All of you who saw it know what I'm talking about! Some people owe him

their lives.

I'll admit that the character of T'Pol is improving. I think maybe all the actors are settling into their roles more. Just saw Cease Fire and thought T'Pol was good in that. At least her hair piece improved in the second season -- doesn't look so much like a cheap toupee. I say we all have a drink to the curren crew of the Enterprise. Here, here!

I don't think you could really lose anyone. I would like to see Shran join the crew as an advisor during the Romulan War. It would create some interesting turmoil and tension between he and T'pol. Perhaps a Tellarite could join the crew as well, 9 is not a bad number. Voyager worked well enough with nine, TNG started with nine and DS9 worked with quite a large cast of characters.

Mayweather.

Travis Mayweather is not a very interesting or dynamic character and he brings little to the table as a main cast member.The stories that focused on him,for the most part have been entertaining,but not great.Merely watchable.

its interesting to bring this topic back, and for all the people that voted in April, it would be interesting to see if they have changed their minds with the new season.

I voted for Archer, it could bring about a great battle in Trip and Reed, that they get all gunho and start picking fights...not in the best Trek fashion, but good for a season change.

Once they stop the Xindi threat, it could be seen as closure, for Trip and Reed.

I still vote for Mayweather. I like Anthony well enough, but his character doesn't seem to bring anything vital to the table. While I'm not advocating killing off Archer, it would create one heck of an umbrella story for Trip, Reed, and T'Pol.