• Archer
    • T'Pol
    • Trip
    • Reed
    • Mayweather
    • Hoshi
    • Phlox
    • None!

Here I am on the side of controversy again and the minority BUT I would like to see Archer killed off in a blaze of glory and bring Trip in promoted to captain. Archer is too weak and unstable as a captain. I think Trip's go get em style would fit closer to the TOS type of captain. Archer is too TNG/Picard type to be believable.

Ktrek

You know..interestingly enough...I had this same thought!

It isn't that I don't like Archer, hes brilliant!!

But I could see him going out in maybe season 6 and then Trip taking over.

Trip would be great plus it would at something new to a ST that hasn't happened before.

Arrrghh..that was a bad thought. I love Archer!

For some reason I can easily envision Archer dying in a blaze of glory and sadness a few episodes from the end of ENT's run. The idea of Trip angsting over Jon's death is sad, but wickedly appealing and it would make sense in this prequel setting. Archer dying heroically in the line of duty would secure him a place in history. Trip taking his place as captain of the first Federation starship vessel appeals as well--Trip could take young ensign Caleb April (who could be the father or grandfather of Robert April from the novels, who was supposed to be the NCC-1701's first captain before Chrisopher Pike) under his tutelage in the very last scene. Very moving and all. Malcolm could be his first officer.

I don't know who I voted for last time (probably Hoshi) but the third season has changed my interests in the characters. I liked Archer before but he has soared to the top of my list now - so no killing the guy, T'Pol and Hoshi have moved up - the only direction available, Trip has slipped and Reid and the Doctor have remained the same - I don't think much has been done for them this season. Unfortunately Travis has also remained the same and now that Hoshi moved up he's at the bottom.

Yellow_Dragon Posted on Oct 18 2003, 11:14 PM Mayweather.

Travis Mayweather is not a very interesting or dynamic character and he brings little to the table as a main cast member.The stories that focused on him,for the most part have been entertaining,but not great.Merely watchable.

Ditto

I voted none..I like all the characters and I see no advantage to getting rid of any of them..I do like the Andorians a lot and would like to see Shran involved somehow. Perhaps as an advisor or something like that..At the very least I hope we have not seen the last of the Andorians in Enterprise.

I voted for none. I like all the characters, and there seems to be good chemistry and story development with them. I too like the Andorians and Shran. Hopefully once Enterprise comes out of the Delphic Expanse, we'll see more of them. I say keep the cast the same.

DITTO

I also voted none because I would miss each of them. There is no one of the crew I dislike. Thre is so much to be to discovered especially from the characters we do not know so much, like Hoshi, Mayweather.

Here I am on the side of controversy again and the minority BUT I would like to see Archer killed off in a blaze of glory and bring Trip in promoted to captain. Archer is too weak and unstable as a captain. I think Trip's go get em style would fit closer to the TOS type of captain. Archer is too TNG/Picard type to be believable.

Ktrek

Wow, you really think Acher is too much like Picard. Picard could talk in a nice manner even if he truly hated whoever it was he was speaking with. I don't see that in Archer, never did. He seems more like a tough, aggressive Captain to me. Also, why does everyone think he should act like Kirk. He may be the first Captain to set the standard, but that doesn't mean he can't have his own style of command. It is his values and principles that matter.

Now on to why I choose Mayweather... I like Mayweather, but he serves to real character purpose. He has a functional one which is piloting Enterprise, but anyone can do that. He seems replacable to me, even though I do like his character. Hoshi is a character that I don't like, but they need at least one human female as a main character, and her translation skills are the best, but it seems that even those aren't even needed anymore. I think they should have killed Mayweather's sister rather than Trips... it would have given him SOMETHING on the show. P.S. I do NOT want Archer to die in any death, even a glorious one, he is one of my favorite captains... meh, they are all my fav (except Janeway).

I also voted for "none". No crew member should die or leave the Enterprise (though I don't like T'Pol that much, I don't wish her to leave :clap: ).

The fact that we see too many Archer/Trip/T'Pol related stories makes me a little bit sad, I think the other crew members should get more episodes :clap: , especially Travis Mayweather.

And I wouldn't mind more good Malcolm Reed episodes, too :clap: :) ...

Mrs. Captain Picard

I like Phlox. Allthough he does have, how do I say, Jar Jar like moments. He brings a unique look at humanity. Mayweather's alright. If any I would say Hoshi, just because she seems to be the least engaging and she does whine a bit. But I am fine with the characters as they are.

Travis.Send him "home" to his family on the freighter.Its not as if he was an exceptional pilot or anything.And he is rather boring.Almost any new character could replace him.If he has to die,at least make it interesting.

Well,Travis is one of my favorite characters....a character whom I feel has been under utilized.But,all the same,if we have to get rid of somebody,I say Mayweather.I can't vote for Archer,since I like Scott Bakula so much.Also,Dominic Keating's character has been sort of growing on my this third season.I like Reed.

None!

That would be terrible!!!! :)

Everybody is just fine.If Mayweather or one of the other's don't seem that interesting at the moment,give them time.The third season is barely underway!We're less than half-way through Enterprise's journey!There will be more episodes that focus on the underused characters,more depth will be added to them.

Guest bella

I'd hate to lose any of them. Each character has something to offer - even Porthos. Those that haven't been given enough attention yet, should be written for - not disposed of. The writers should be grateful for having such potentially rich seems to work with. If fanfic authors can craft good stories exploring these people, the regular writers should be able to come up with marvellous material.

I'd like to see each charcter have his or her own story, and then groups of them explored. A story with Hoshi, Travis and Reed would be interesting. I don't think we've seen much of that particular dynamic.

No spoliers please, but how is season 3 shaping up time wise for the main crew? Who is getting more time, less, the same... is it quality screentime?

Has Travis said anything yet, (please don't tell me if he is now Captain! haa haa. :) )

I voted none. Compared to TNG,DS9,VOY there are a lot less regular characters. I think they need to concentrate on building the characters of Reed, Hoshi and Mayweather some more. They are my least favorite but I don't think they should have any of them killed off. I think they could actually stand to add a couple more regulars into the mix once they have really established the characters in place now. Oh and don't forget about Porthos! He needs some more character development too! :)

I voted Mayweather.Not because I don't like him but because I don't think he fits in with the rest of the of the characters.All he does is fly the ship and any one can do that.

Well,I really like Tucker.But as much as I would like to see him in command,I don't think I would like Archer to get killed for that to happen.I suppose they could lose Reed.I don't want them to get rid of Travis.He's cool,and he hangs out in the sweet spot and all.He's kind of like a big kid or something.Hoshi is really good at understanding languages,so it would hurt them if she was suddenly gone.T'Pol is really smart and knows some things about space that the humans don't,so they really can't afford to get rid of her either.Reed is the only person I can see them loosing without being set back.Because with the maco's they don't need Reed any more.

Mayweather. He doesn't DO anything but fly the ship. I mean, I don't really want to see anyone go, but they need desperately to do something with his character.

To everyone whose said they could afford to lose Mayweather cause all he does is fly the ship: with his loss who would fly it? Somebody's gotta do it, right? Why not Mayweather? :lol:

EDIT: Reed is no good to lose either, he's the best bet for being a Section 31 operative. :P (or becoming one)

Edited by Alterego

Geez, come on, there have got to be a dozen others on board that can fly the ship. They wouldn't leave on a mission to explore with only one pilot. Mayweather is boring, they need to give him something to do. And like someone mentioned before; he really does not fit in, he has always seemed the odd man out.

Ditch Hoshi. She's expendable with the UT operating. They really seem to struggle for reasons for her to take an active part in the show. The recent ep., "Exile", could have just as easily used any other member of the crew, including the men if they'd made the telepath female. They don't even have to kill her off, just let her fade away and have another actor/actress fill up the space with a character that actually does something usefull.

I'll admit she's less irritating than before, but, ah, she's just boring. They wouldn't even have to kill her because I think Linda Park has gotten a raw deal with the lame-*buttocks* way that the character has been written. I really thought last season, when she got stuck in the transporter, that her character would change because she had this experience of single-handedly saving the ship (or at least she believed so at the time). They really ought to have made her stronger and given her more responsibilities to take on at the time if they felt Ms. Park was up to the job. I just cringe every time Hoshi starts to speak now. It's like they're thinking about how to kill off a few seconds in the show to make a scene stretch out for editing purposes, so they throw a line to Hoshi now and then. Come on, make her a real officer already that has some gumption or make her "walk the airlock."