Sign in to follow this  
stoned_vulcan

Jadzia's death

Was i the only one who didn't really feel anything when Jadzia died, granted i liked her character but its something about the way she died,i can't put my finger on it, can someone help me out.. but its just kind of a weird thing, her death didn't really do 'it' for me, tell me what you think about this?

It was a weak point in the series thats for sure. When Worf came to her deathbed, she didn't look sick at all. The scene had absolutely no emotional impact on me other than I knew it was the last time I'd see her. :laugh:

From a HUGE DS9 fan, I thought her death very sad.

I loved DS9 because each character was developed. A person who watched the show religiously could look at Constable Odo, Kira, Captain Benjamin Sisko (or any major DS9 character) and know why they acted the way they did and even foreshadow future DS9 events between characters. This series could not have been made any better!

Although I did miss her character, I wasn't really disappointed by her death. My only though was for Worf, poor guy, all of his women keep getting killed off. Also, I thought it was a bad career move for the actress to leave esp since only one season left. We all know how well that show Becker did. The introduction of the new Dax was okay and pretty good.

Thanks,

Dru

I had a hard time connecting with Ezri, I was too used to Jadzia, and suddenly there was this new person they were calling Dax. It had me confused for a while

I had a hard time connecting with Ezri, I was too used to Jadzia, and suddenly there was this new person they were calling Dax. It had me confused for a while

Dax is the symbiont, Ezri is the new host of Dax. Personally, I enjoyed both Jadzia and Ezri, and I thought giving Dax a new host durring the series made for some fascinating stories.

Dax is the symbiont, Ezri is the new host of Dax. Personally, I enjoyed both Jadzia and Ezri, and I thought giving Dax a new host durring the series made for some fascinating stories.

We needed more than one season to get to know Ezri though.That was the only problem I had with it. There was the Dominion War going on so the Jadzia/Ezri story had to be put aside. I just think we needed more time to get to know Ezri..Oh well..

We needed more than one season to get to know Ezri though.That was the only problem I had with it. There was the Dominion War going on so the Jadzia/Ezri story had to be put aside. I just think we needed more time to get to know Ezri..Oh well..

Well, it was the final season and Terry Farrell wanted out, it was either Ezri Dax or no Dax at all. I'm glad we got Ezri Dax. :)

I do think that Nicole DeBoer did get the shaft on her character. I think that Ezri should have been more sure of herself. DeBoer is a great actress, and I think that Ezri should have been written better.

:cool:

I think the whole point was that the other charaters had to get to know Ezri as well, Nicole did a great job, and the show was great, perhaps another series or movie they can explore her further.

One disadvantage that Nicole DeBoer had was that all of the other characters had 6 years of development, and in the case of Worf and O'brien even longer. Ezri was a good character but like spacetigger said, we just didn't have enough time to get to know her.

One disadvantage that Nicole DeBoer had was that all of the other characters had 6 years of development, and in the case of Worf and O'brien even longer. Ezri was a good character but like spacetigger said, we just didn't have enough time to get to know her.

A Good Point Indeed.

Although I did miss her character, I wasn't really disappointed by her death.  My only though was for Worf, poor guy, all of his women keep getting killed off.  Also, I thought it was a bad career move for the actress to leave esp since only one season left.  We all know how well that show Becker did.  The introduction of the new Dax was okay and pretty good. 

Thanks,

Dru

I don't know about "bad career move" ...

A.) DS9 wasn't even on the air in our viewing area from about the middle of the fifth season to the end of the sixth! I don't know what the deal was. Even when it was on the air, they moved it around and you never knew what the heck time slot to find it in.

B.) Becker did o.k. ... it's still on the air! Even if Farrell isn't on the show anymore, she had four seasons on a primetime sitcom with TED DANSON.

As for the pointlessness of her death, yes, I found that to be quite insulting for her character and for the fans. It was the worst death scene since Tasha Yar bit it on TNG. Remember how wonderful Spock's death scene was on TWOK? Why couldn't they have written something like that for Jadzia between her and Sisko?

And someone else here said something like, "It was either Ezri Dax or no Dax." Well my vote would have been for no Dax, or just absent Dax. Stationed somewhere else for the duration of the war, calling in to talk to Worf every once in a while, mentioned by Julian, Quark, Kira, Sisko every so often. With everything that was going on in the sixth season, I don't think we'd even have missed her.

I was just sad that we no longer had the honor of gazing at the best looking babe in Starfleet. If only she could have worn that TOS uniform in a few more episodes.

I admit it, I admit it. Season 6 has been sitting in my living room for weeks, and I've seen every episode EXCEPT the season finale. I've seen the infamous scene before, but can't really bring myself to watch the whole thing. It's been IN the DVD player, and I've gotten right up to pushing the "play" button, and still haven't done it. I did watch Terry Farrell's comments on the ep, though.

Maybe tonight. I just don't want to watch Jadzia die.

As someone said, this, what little I've seen, seemed as pointless as Yar's death. We'll check it out and see...

When I heard Jadzia died (it had gone off the air here), I was in a scifi chat room in Yahoo! and made several people verify it before I would believe them. Maybe I'm still reeling. :force:

I thought Jadzia's deat hshould have been handled better too. Is it just me or does it seem that Farrel tends to leave series before their done. Is their a pattern? My first reaction when JD died is that Worf should get Dukat for this but I think that would be silly. He had already killed the man that murdered Khelar.

I was hugely disappointed to see Jadzia killed off, but I never resented Exri being there. I just wished that there could have been one more season.

I never really liked Jadzia, she didn't deserve Worf. She was written too much like Sisko, super woman. I liked Ezri though she had insecurities but was also strong and smart. Those were missing from Jadzia.

I admit if you do watch all the DS9 episodes again in order Jadzia does get tiresome at times, i felt that when season7 came around and Ezri appeared it was a nice break they didnt do a great job introing her in the first episode though i liked the human aspect of her.. and as for Ferell i dont know whats up with that leaving a show before its done.. maybe she doesnt get along well with management.. maybe she doesnt want to be type cast.. but would one more season have hurt?

I admit if you do watch all the DS9 episodes again in order Jadzia does get tiresome at times, i felt that when season7 came around and Ezri appeared it was a nice break they didnt do a great job introing her in the first episode though i liked the human aspect of her.. and as for Ferell i dont know whats up with that leaving a show before its done.. maybe she doesnt get along well with management.. maybe she doesnt want to be type cast.. but would one more season have hurt?

I read that it had a lot to do with the stress of doing an hour long show. Not only that but the intensity of a Sci-Fi such as Star Trek. She said they worked 18 hour days 6 days a week many times.

Lots of stress I imagine.

I heard somewhere that it was about type casting.. but after 6 seasons i think she would be pretty much type casted eh?

The interview I read with her pointed completely to the stress of the long hours and "lack of a personal life". I don't really think she was type cast though.

terry only had a 6 year contract. so when it ended they had to kill her.. she was my fav character too... why do i alwasy like the dead ones? i liked tasha too.. and data.. *sniff* :)

terry only had a 6 year contract. so when it ended they had to kill her.. she was my fav character too... why do i alwasy like the dead ones? i liked tasha too.. and data.. *sniff*  :)

They didn't have to kill her, in fact she requested that they not kill her. She oculd have signed a 1 year contract to complete the series but wanted to move on. TPTB weren't finished with the Dax character so they killed Jadzia and brought in Ezri.

ic, she was probly just tired of playing the role then.

I don't think it was a matter of being tired of the role as much as it was the daily grind of the actual day to day job of making the show.