Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Favourite Comedy TV show

What is your Favourite Comedy TV show?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favourite Comedy TV show?

• Monty Python
    • Faulty Towers
    • Friends
    • Only Fools and Horses
    • M*A*S*H
    • Yes Minister/Prime Minister
    • The Phil Silvers Show
    • Father Ted
    • Blackadder
    • Cheers/Frasier

I love British humor and try to watch British comedy on BBC america when I can. I think it's telling that almost all of the hit US comedies were originally British long before they were americanized. We've been stealing ideas for well over thirty years now. So much for American originality. My favorite though is still M*A*S*H. There will never be anything like it ever again. I would love to sample "Yes Minister/Prime Minister" but until it shows up on BBC America, I'm afraid I'm left out in the cold. Hopefully we won't steal that idea as well.

I voted Friends since that's about the only one I watch, and it's my daughter's favorite show. But, since you've got some older ones listed, I also enjoy Red Skelton.

I wish there had been an option for more than one!!! I voted for Fawlty Towers but it was a very, very tough decision!!! I love Python and I love Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister. All of three of those series are Depends funny!!!

(for those who don't know what Depends are, they're an adult diaper)

I love em all except for MASH. Dunno wot yes minister and the phil silvers show is.

I picked Father Ted

Kick Bishop Brennan up the arse!!

This one is hard B) I liked ' Monty Python ', ' Yes Minister ', and ' Faulty Towers '. And for genuine stupidity I liked ' Allo Allo '

And I agree ' Mash' is the best thing that came out of the US.

I narrowed it down to M*A*S*H and Python but it the end Python took the prize. Mash was funny but not in the same league as Python, mash is serious-comedy, Python pure comedy.

I narrowed it down to M*A*S*H and Python but it the end Python took the prize. Mash was funny but not in the same league as Python, mash is serious-comedy, Python pure comedy.

My view on MASH is that it was a very 'light' comedy and when I say light I mean easy to watch. I have to say I prefer MASH to Friends because I have found MASH to be more consistantly funny, while Friends only tends to have good moments, my favourite being the one with Ross and his shrinking leather pants.

I'm not one of those people who dislikes American comedy, the ones I enjoy the most are the Simpsons, Futurama and MASH. But I have to say there is one show that I consider overated and generally rubbish, and that show is Will and Grace. I have always found it to be very loud but without that essential comic timing or structure. To be honest I'd rather watch Southpark!!! :)

Friends, MASH, Phil Silvers and Python are the only ones on the list I have seen so I had to choose from those but yeah, Simpsons, Futurama, Southpark and a couple others are very funny.

Friends, MASH, Phil Silvers and Python are the only ones on the list I have seen so I had to choose from those but yeah, Simpsons, Futurama, Southpark and a couple others are very funny.

You'll have to see Faulty Towers, I think you would like it.

I voted for "Cheers/Frasier", although my favorite of the American sitcoms is "Taxi".

Of the britcoms, my favorite was not listed: "Coupling". For those of you who have not seen it, it is like "Friends", only raunchier and funnier.

I voted Monty Python...but love M*A*S*H and WKRP, as well.

"Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" and the "Galaxy Song" are my favorite songs....well these and "Camelot", "Brave Sir Robin" and "Meaning of Life"

I often spend my spare time on the weekends watching the DVDs of M*A*S*H's first three seasons. I love how it can combine the seriousness of war with comedy. Its difficult to do and M*A*S*H did it well.

This one is hard  :lol: I liked  ' Monty Python ', ' Yes Minister ', and ' Faulty Towers '. And for genuine stupidity I liked ' Allo Allo '

And I agree ' Mash' is the best thing that came out of the US.

Bless you Lollypop!!! Another 'allo 'allo fan!!! I loved that series! It was so hilarious! I was always so amazed at how well the actor who played 'that stupid Englishman who thinks he can speak French' got through his dialogue. That must have been so difficult!