Sign in to follow this  
master_q

The Fabric Of The Cosmos

I was lucky enough to hear some of an interview with Brian Greene. It is interesting stuff. I really need to get up-to-date on some of the latest developments of string theory (or quantum gravity in general).

He just wrote a new book:

The Fabric of the Cosmos

Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality

Written by Brian Greene

Science - Cosmology Hardcover

February 2004 $28.95

0-375-41288-3

7260229.gif

I have not bought his book yet but in a month of two I will definitely do so

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Looks very interesting.... Ahh the space time continuum and quantum mechanics

Are you talking about 'The String Theory'? That's pretty interesting stuff.

The fabric of the cosmos is probably way beyond our ability to afford it and most likely wouldn't look good in my living room. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Thanks for the info Master_Q!

I had seen Brian Greene's NOVA special, "The Elegant Universe" on PBS. Well, truthfully, PART of it, and it was really late at night, and they didn't say what the name of the show was, or who HE was either after it finished. I was really disappointed. When I saw your post, and another post (in THIS forum) concerning the special, I immediately went to PBS's site (now that I knew what the name of the special was, and who the author is), ordered not only the DVD of the Elegant Universe, but Stephen Hawking's Universe (which I ALSO missed when it originally played), and bought both books by Brian Green at my local bookstore. The NOVA special is great (in my opinion), but the book, though I have JUST started it, is VERY compelling (from a scientific point of view). I find he explains things better in the book than the show (again, not that I thought the show was bad).

I can't WAIT to start reading "The Fabric of the Cosmos". Thanks again Master_Q!

Chris

Edited by ChrisVon

Thanks for the info Master_Q!

I had seen Brian Greene's NOVA special, "The Elegant Universe" on PBS. Well, truthfully, PART of it, and it was really late at night, and they didn't say what the name of the show was, or who HE was either after it finished. I was really disappointed. When I saw your post, and another post (in THIS forum) concerning the special, I immediately went to PBS's site (now that I knew what the name of the special was, and who the author is), ordered not only the DVD of the Elegant Universe, but Stephen Hawking's Universe (which I ALSO missed when it originally played), and bought both books by Brian Green at my local bookstore. The NOVA special is great (in my opinion), but the book, though I have JUST started it, is VERY compelling (from a scientific point of view). I find he explains things better in the book than the show (again, not that I thought the show was bad).

I can't WAIT to start reading "The Fabric of the Cosmos". Thanks again Master_Q!

Chris

It was an awful representation of string theory...