Sign in to follow this  
headborg

Set hand phasers to Vaporize

Anyone remember how n TOS, if you set your phasor to kill, it would completely vaporize a person, I think it would be real cool to see a up-dated special efffect like n the "old days" were the bad guy got completely vaporized! anyone else thnk so?

I always found it pretty frightening too. They also did it in Star Trek III when Kruge shot his weapons officer with his disprutor. It looked pretty darn chilling.

Stardate:214161.8

Yeh it would look cool.They have done it a few times in all the series.

Stardate:214161.8

Yeh it would look cool.They have done it a few times in all the series.

Yeah, I just finished watching a DS9 episode where Garak vaporizes a Cardassian from the Obsidian Order.

I always liked the TNG episode (I think it was called "Conspiracy") in which Picard

et al. discover an alien "worm" which has implanted itself into the Starfleet brass. At the end they shoot a guy (sorry, forgot his hame) and he explodes. "Set phasers for

'grossly annihilate with much carnage.'"

Hehe. The phasers sure seem to have a lot of settings. Pretty fun that the bad guys are always so stupid that they do not set their phasers to maximum, everytime they hit one of the main characters they are only injured. If I intented to kill someone I would set the phaser to maximum and vaporize them instead.

my favorite setting is "don't kill but kinda wound whatever part of there body you hit"

All bad guys seem to love that setting.

In one VOY ep an alien in Tuvok's body sets a phaser on 16 and on wide dispersal. It is made known that it could vaporize everyone on the bridge.

My question is: How come the good guys don't you that tactic when surrounded? You could take out a room full of people without even taking deliberate aim!

I'm not sure. also, though, a weapon with that much power being discharged would do tremendous damage to the interior hull. it is possible this weapon, if improperly discharged, could create a hull breach.

I think tbey need more settings. Here are a few I propose:

- shave (for a Rikerish beard)

- trim (just for sideburns)

- toast (obviously for food, but possibly for torture)

- exfoliate (for those in a dry climate)

- boil water

- function as TV remote control (infra-red)

- pointer (handy for presentations, especially if someone nods off - you could just switch to the next setting)

- sting (a very weak stun setting)

- remove mole/tattoo/etc.

- clean (for the soles of shoes)

- de-ice (for Canadians in winter)

- defrost

- engrave

- weld

- and, last but not least, melt (useful for a fondu).

Because hey, let's face it, they make the thing do whatever they need it to when it suits them. Why not make it more functional? They really need to release a manual for picky fans.

I always kinda liked how, when Reed was shot in Oasis he fell down and was helped up by Archer. He didn't seem to be injured and certainly wasn't stunned.

So that was one alien race who'd added a useful, push-him-over-really-hard setting to their weapons. :waaaa:

'Set your phase pistols to insult-his-mother.'

'I'm shot!'

'Are you hurt badly?'

'No... but dammit, Sir! Their phasers are set on critisise-his-choice-of-lampshade!'

'That makes me mad. No more mr nice guy. People, reset your phasers to you-could-stand-to-lose-a-few-pounds.'

:tear:

Red Shirt, I like your proposed settings. There is one setting I'd like to see. It would really be more like a different kind of phaser tho... basically, what would you think of a phaser that could make something cold? It'd be good for turning a wall to ice and then shattering it. Just a thought I had when I was very young. What do you think?

Click for Spoiler:

av-812.jpg

Doesn't the ENT phase-pistol only have two settings?

-Stun

-Kill

I remember the rifles used by the Andorian Imperial Guard only have the "Kill" setting ("Cease-Fire")....

Click for Spoiler:

desert7.jpg

tzintro1-1.giftzintro1-2.giftzintro2.giftzintro3.gif

:tear::tear: :) :waaaa:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

Doctor Who: The Best Links

USS Aurora NX-19 of the year 2154 AD

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

320x240.jpg

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

aurora.jpg

Red Shirt, I like your proposed settings.  There is one setting I'd like to see.  It would really be more like a different kind of phaser tho... basically, what would you think of a phaser that could make something cold?  It'd be good for turning a wall to ice and then shattering it.  Just a thought I had when I was very young.  What do you think?

Of course, Captain Bolivar, there could always be a "Phase Inverter Mode" for making a frappuccino on those nasty desert planets. :waaaa: