Sign in to follow this  
Indy

James Doohan - Scotty

doohan.jpg

This Planet Xpo convention scheduled for June 18-20 at the Los Angeles Airport Hilton is billed as James Doohan's final public appearance and also the last time all members of the original cast will be on stage together.

For more info on the convention go here: James Doohan

James Doohan has contributed, not only to the legacy of Star Trek, but in many other ways. He served in the Canadian military, being injured on D-day, and has inspired many young people to enter the field of engineering. Many fan accounts describe him as a humble and unassuming man.

Have any of you ever had the opportunity to meet Mr. Doohan? How do you feel about the man himself and the legacy he is leaving?

Edited by Indy

I will be attending this show.  Is anyone else going?

You're very lucky to be going. I wish I could. Maybe you can tell us all about it when you return. :laugh:

i love the poster, its done beautifully,technically this isnt the last time all teh actors will b on stage together since D has passed on. *sigh* i cant go to the con anywho... i live far up north... oh well have fun:)

You're very lucky to be going. I wish I could. Maybe you can tell us all about it when you return. :lol:

Agreed Indy! We wont make either. :) We Love You Jimmy! ;)

Please Earthling, take lots of pictures and share them with us OK?

,technically this isnt the last time all teh actors will b on stage together since D has passed on.

Of course you're right. I should have said all the surviving members.

The poster was done by Michael David Ward who is a well renowned sci-fi artist. He has done quite a few pieces for Paramount and Star Trek actors. If you want to see his work, you can check out his website at www.michaeldavidward.com. The pics on the website don't do his art work justice. They are very spectacular in person.

I will give everyone a report on the show. It is not only a show but they are having a cocktail party and a banquet/celebrity roast of Jimmy.

If anyone decides to go, just let me know and we can hook up.

Thats extremely sad. Unfortunatly,I can't attend.I'm on the East coast. :biggrin:

You're very lucky to be going. I wish I could. Maybe you can tell us all about it when you return. :biggrin:

Yes, I would love to hear about it. If this is his last appearance I will never get to meet him.

i wish i could go , but i live in canada and i don't got no money :biggrin: "scotty"was my fave character apart from Spock on all of the ST shows. The only one that can even come Close(like 500, kabillion miles) is data

Well, I sort of met him once.

I was little... maybe in fourth grade or so... and I wasn't into Star Trek or anything. Of course, I knew of it, though. My mom and I went to go shopping at some store, and we saw this huge line of people. We went to find out what this line was for, and my mom read a poster or something and told me that James Doohan was there. And I said, "Who?" She told me he was Scotty. "Beam me up, Scotty, from Star Trek?"

"The same," she answered. Mom said she wished she could get in line to get something signed by him to give to my uncle, because he's a big Star Trek fan, but she had to shop. I volunteered to stand in line while she shopped, so that when she was finished, I would be at the front of the line. (Ah, yes, a true Trekkie even back then!) So I stood in line to get something signed by James Doohan. And then I took my mom's picture with him. And now, years later, I wish I would have gotten his signature, too. That would have been neat. Heh. And that is my only encounter with a Star Trek actor.

I wish i could meet him scotty is one of my all time fav he even beats

kirk :huh: and thats saying alot because kirk rocks!!!!!